-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Pittsburgh
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! and thank you for specifying that you did not receive a complete email so that we wouldn't have to hound you for it haha!II today, lizzym 79, no complete email.. 😳 submitted secondary on 7/14
9
907914
How did interview day and dinner go last night to those who are presently in pittsburgh?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
No complete email and you were complete 7/14 not 7/8? Yo..y'all....this is starting to pan out that the complete email does indeed signify something. Someone who received a complete email wanna be neurotic enough to reach out?Congrats! and thank you for specifying that you did not receive a complete email so that we wouldn't have to hound you for it haha!
No complete email and you were complete 7/14 not 7/8? Yo..y'all....this is starting to pan out that the complete email does indeed signify something. Someone who received a complete email wanna be neurotic enough to reach out?
This is insane please don't reach out to the pitt adcom and ask if the fact that you received a complete email means you won't be getting a II. It's August my dudes, everything is going to be ok. If you don't believe me on page four of this thread near the bottom look for a post from miamimama, they got a complete email and a secondary. I get that we're all nervous and this process is stressful , but buying into wild conspiracy theories about one of the ~20+ schools you applied to is madness.
D
deleted987519
View attachment 276177
This is insane please don't reach out to the pitt adcom and ask if the fact that you received a complete email means you won't be getting a II. It's August my dudes, everything is going to be ok. If you don't believe me on page four of this thread near the bottom look for a post from miamimama, they got a complete email and a secondary. I get that we're all nervous and this process is stressful , but buying into wild conspiracy theories about one of the ~20+ schools you applied to is madness.
Its not a wild conspiracy theory. Watch your mouth.
9
907914
But did they get an interview after that complete email?they got a complete email and a secondary
9
907914
View attachment 276177
This is insane please don't reach out to the pitt adcom and ask if the fact that you received a complete email means you won't be getting a II. It's August my dudes, everything is going to be ok. If you don't believe me on page four of this thread near the bottom look for a post from miamimama, they got a complete email and a secondary. I get that we're all nervous and this process is stressful , but buying into wild conspiracy theories about one of the ~20+ schools you applied to is madness.
Also, I hope you know this is all in good fun.
9
907914
This was meant for USF. I am not even applying there...so many schools.How did interview day and dinner go last night to those who are presently in pittsburgh?
rune2h
Full Member
we are assembling data - and have nothing else to do. wow classic doesn't come out for another few weeks.View attachment 276177
This is insane please don't reach out to the pitt adcom and ask if the fact that you received a complete email means you won't be getting a II. It's August my dudes, everything is going to be ok. If you don't believe me on page four of this thread near the bottom look for a post from miamimama, they got a complete email and a secondary. I get that we're all nervous and this process is stressful , but buying into wild conspiracy theories about one of the ~20+ schools you applied to is madness.
D
deleted996731
“Those who reject the truth have eaten the apple of Satan. Be wary of them as they will stray you off the righteous path” SDN 4:13View attachment 276177
This is insane please don't reach out to the pitt adcom and ask if the fact that you received a complete email means you won't be getting a II. It's August my dudes, everything is going to be ok. If you don't believe me on page four of this thread near the bottom look for a post from miamimama, they got a complete email and a secondary. I get that we're all nervous and this process is stressful , but buying into wild conspiracy theories about one of the ~20+ schools you applied to is madness.
D
deleted688779
WOAH WOAH it’s ok man don’t need to use such words 😳
Yeah I meant interview not secondary, lost myself in the heat of the moment 😛But did they get an interview after that complete email?
I know for a lot of us it is, but never underestimate the ability of a neurotic premed to take things like this seriouslyAlso, I hope you know this is all in good fun.
D
deleted996731
Also want to point out that miamimama are part of the applicant group that got a complete email and then an II within a few hours of each other. Those who receive a complete email immediately after submission or don’t receive an ii within the same day have been rejected. SAD!
Last edited by a moderator:
GloballyMed
Full Member
Also want to point out that miamimama and memelord are part of the applicant group that got a complete email and then an II within a few hours of each other. Those who receive a complete email immediately after submission or don’t receive an ii within the same day have been rejected. SAD!
I guess I will have to prepare for my rejection now. Im in one of the groups listed above lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GloballyMed
Full Member
I knew I shouldn’t have followed this thread haha
9
907914
I did NOT receive a complete emailAlso want to point out that miamimama and memelord are part of the applicant group that got a complete email and then an II within a few hours of each other. Those who receive a complete email immediately after submission or don’t receive an ii within the same day have been rejected. SAD!
D
deleted996731
My bad! I misread your earlier post. Will edit now to include just miamimamaI did NOT receive a complete email
Stop showing off.I did NOT receive a complete email
D
deleted996731
Only calipremed would be brave enough to call Pitt adcoms and ask
9
907914
Bruh, I already got the interview (no brag). Not showing off, just producing results #getswolStop showing off.
Only calipremed would be brave enough to call Pitt adcoms and ask
greenbear12
Full Member
I received a complete e-mail within seconds of submitting. If the conspiracy is true I would be really curious to know how they automatically reject. I am OOS, LM 77, no IA/felonies/etc. 400+ hours clinical volunteering. I really feel like I deserve someone to at least just take a look at my application.
9
907914
Looks like you are SOL then. Complete email = Head straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.I received a complete e-mail within seconds of submitting. If the conspiracy is true I would be really curious to know how they automatically reject. I am OOS, LM 77, no IA/felonies/etc. 400+ hours clinical volunteering. I really feel like I deserve someone to at least just take a look at my application.
Just an FYI, no one actually believes this.It just gives us something to latch on to to avoid thinking about the chaos of this process.
D
deleted996731
speak for yourself. I am a devout believer. I am making my pilgrimage to Pitt this weekendLooks like you are SOL then. Complete email = Head straight to jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200.
Just an FYI, no one actually believes this.It just gives us something to latch on to to avoid thinking about the chaos of this process.
If I pray will I get invited for a pilgrimage too?speak for yourself. I am a devout believer. I am making my pilgrimage to Pitt this weekend
9
907914
Do I just need to add this to my signature? I think i'm gonna.If I pray will I get invited for a pilgrimage too?
"Oh great Atul Gawande, AAMC Cars QPACK1 Picasso passage, Organic chemistry as a second language - please bless us with a bountiful harvest of interview Invites during these darkest of times. May your blessed milk of eternal premed aspiration flow through the veins of this admissions cycle like a great river of promise! In the name of the Surgeon, the hospitalist, and the holy ROAD. In Kaplan’s name, ah man...I found a typo"
Nah you need that IA to stand out enough to be looked at :/I received a complete e-mail within seconds of submitting. If the conspiracy is true I would be really curious to know how they automatically reject. I am OOS, LM 77, no IA/felonies/etc. 400+ hours clinical volunteering. I really feel like I deserve someone to at least just take a look at my application.
9
907914
Can confirm. I got that IA and that II. Everyone has publications and starts organizations nowadays. What you gotta do is get yourself a cat in university housing.Nah you need that IA to stand out enough to be looked at :/
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted993760
Can confirm. I got that IA and that II. Everyone has publications and starts organizations nowadays. What you gotta do is get yourself a cat in university housing.
As a fellow cat owner I respect that.
Annalise1110
Full Member
As a fellow applicant with an IA and a cat lover, mad respectCan confirm. I got that IA and that II. Everyone has publications and starts organizations nowadays. What you gotta do is get yourself a cat in university housing.
9
907914
As a fellow cat owner I respect that.
As a fellow applicant with an IA and a cat lover, mad respect
From my application:
"Institutional Action: Yes
Explanation of Institutional Action:
In August of 2017, I adopted my cat Spunky and had him in university housing without prior approval. I was given a $200 fine. After paying the fine I subsequently received approval from the university housing office to keep Spunky."
From my application:
"Institutional Action: Yes
Explanation of Institutional Action:
In August of 2017, I adopted my cat Spunky and had him in university housing without prior approval. I was given a $200 fine. After paying the fine I subsequently received approval from the university housing office to keep Spunky."
I can’t believe this qualifies as an IA.
That’s crazy.
rune2h
Full Member
I can’t believe this qualifies as an IA.
That’s crazy.
memelord is playing 4d chess. Get an IA to stand out, adcoms see its only for a cat that was later approved, laugh, and now he's the cat outlaw they'll remember the entire cycle.
memelord is playing 4d chess. Get an IA to stand out, adcoms see its only for a cat that was later approved, laugh, and now he's the cat guy they'll remember the entire cycle.
Well played, Memes, well played...!
9
907914
I mean, it has kept me from getting a secondary from UCLA,..memelord is playing 4d chess. Get an IA to stand out, adcoms see its only for a cat that was later approved, laugh, and now he's the cat outlaw they'll remember the entire cycle.
first rejection today for MSTP. I asked them to consider me for MD. stats LM 70~71
I’m sorry to hear that! Do you mind sharing when you were complete for MSTP?
memelord is playing 4d chess. Get an IA to stand out, adcoms see its only for a cat that was later approved, laugh, and now he's the cat outlaw they'll remember the entire cycle.
But did you receive the complete email comradeII today! LM 75, OOS. Super excited about this interview, but kinda curious as to what these team exercises will be 🙂
hehe idk 😉But did you receive the complete email comrade
D
deleted987519
One subject was dropped from the study for failing to comply with the protocol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted996731
He definitely didnthehe idk 😉
II today! LM 75, OOS. Super excited about this interview, but kinda curious as to what these team exercises will be 🙂
Oh they have team exercises? Haha where did they say that
D
deleted987519
Oh they have team exercises? Haha where did they say that
In the email, "faculty-led small group discussion"
Anyone else applying early decision and waiting on an II? Completed 8/14.
(I did NOT receive a confirmation email
)
(I did NOT receive a confirmation email
)