2019-2020 Tulane

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my primary was verified on August 6th and I still haven't received Tulane's secondary... anyone else in this boat? I'm starting to get a little sad that my secondary will be pointless by the time I receive it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'ma be honest. It looks like us pre 7/30ish folks are catching that R. I was under rev at 7/22 and thinks its pretty over for this school
 
Lol I think everyone should just try to relax. It’s barely mid-August y’all. Also keep in mind that not everyone interviewed will be accepted and that interviews go on up until next year. Unless you have received that rejection (and Tulane is very upfront about not having silent rejections), please do yourself a favor and know that you are still in the running. I know some of you can’t help but be neurotic but CHILLLL. You will all end up exactly where you are meant to be.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you can afford it and you have experiences that strongly show that you align with the mission of the school, then go for it. Don't forget that SDN folks are just regular students like you. No one here has the final say on anything except the school reps. Do what you think is best.
This post needs to be printed onto a large poster. What s/he said is accurate. Dont rely on the advice of a few people here.
If you believe you align with their mission/values, then apply.
 
Would it be pointless to submit my secondary now?

They’re giving out January interviews and they stop interviewing in March according to the portal. By the time your app is marked complete and then reviewed I’d imagine they would be at least at February interviews at the rate they’re sending out interview invites. You can shoot your shot but just be warned your chances are drastically decreased whereas most schools are still sending out invites for September and October. If you have money to throw at schools then go for it. If you’re on a budget and applying to this school means not applying to another then hell no.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is honestly a random process. Received interviews from schools that I thought were a bit of a reach, but got a straight R from a school like Tulane were I thought my chances were more realistic.

They just keep us guessing.
it's a crapshoot that keeps us guessing. I added 4 schools on July 31 to AMCAS bc I'm ~neurotic~ and weirdly got interviews at 2 of those so honestly this process is confusing af