2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got dat R today. Complete 7/14, 513 MCAT 3.82 cGPA

You were too good for the school man, they didn't deserve you anyways. Youll find a home, wishing you all the best this cycle.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted July 10 and was under review on July 23. Anyone know when we can expect to find out about a decision?

I submitted July 10 and was under review on July 23. Anyone know when we can expect to find out about a decision?
When the gods will it as such
But in all honesty, there's not much predicting that can be done in terms of timing once a secondary is submitted

Reactions: 2 users
So my primary was verified on August 6th and I still haven't received Tulane's secondary... anyone else in this boat? I'm starting to get a little sad that my secondary will be pointless by the time I receive it.

Honestly I wouldn’t worry lol. I submitted early August and have kinda given up hope for this school
+1
I don't understand why they're in such a rush to fill up their interview slots. It makes NO sense to me.

For Tulane specifically though.... one or two more weeks and they may have all of their interview slots filled already
Fair enough, I understand the Tulane frustration is different.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the "complete and under review" email. Submitted on 7/24! Really hoping they have room to squeeze me in.

Reactions: 5 users
Received secondary on 7/14 and submitted on 7/19. Still not under review wtf

• Sad
I'ma be honest. It looks like us pre 7/30ish folks are catching that R. I was under rev at 7/22 and thinks its pretty over for this school

Fair enough, I understand the Tulane frustration is different.
applied here last cycle (submitted early-mid July) and didn't hear anything til early Feb 2019, when I was put on hold. Then I got the R email like 3 weeks later lol

• Wow
Lol I think everyone should just try to relax. It’s barely mid-August y’all. Also keep in mind that not everyone interviewed will be accepted and that interviews go on up until next year. Unless you have received that rejection (and Tulane is very upfront about not having silent rejections), please do yourself a favor and know that you are still in the running. I know some of you can’t help but be neurotic but CHILLLL. You will all end up exactly where you are meant to be.

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just got the R. Complete 7/16 OOS LM 73

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Finally under review after submitting 7/17 :highfive:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
What does “in progress mean” does that mean in review?

What does “in progress mean” does that mean in review?
My portal currently shows "in progress" and I have received an under review email. The green check beside "in progress" indicates that it is under review.

Reactions: 1 user
Would it be pointless to submit my secondary now?
If you can afford it and you have experiences that strongly show that you align with the mission of the school, then go for it. Don't forget that SDN folks are just regular students like you. No one here has the final say on anything except the school reps. Do what you think is best.

Reactions: 8 users
If you can afford it and you have experiences that strongly show that you align with the mission of the school, then go for it. Don't forget that SDN folks are just regular students like you. No one here has the final say on anything except the school reps. Do what you think is best.
This post needs to be printed onto a large poster. What s/he said is accurate. Dont rely on the advice of a few people here.
If you believe you align with their mission/values, then apply.

Would it be pointless to submit my secondary now?

They’re giving out January interviews and they stop interviewing in March according to the portal. By the time your app is marked complete and then reviewed I’d imagine they would be at least at February interviews at the rate they’re sending out interview invites. You can shoot your shot but just be warned your chances are drastically decreased whereas most schools are still sending out invites for September and October. If you have money to throw at schools then go for it. If you’re on a budget and applying to this school means not applying to another then hell no.

Same, I am happy to have a couple DO interviews, so I know my application is decent and the secondaries aren't trash like I suspected.

Been complete and under review since 7/11. NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS, but I seriously just want news (or a reason to go to NOLA again).

This is honestly a random process. Received interviews from schools that I thought were a bit of a reach, but got a straight R from a school like Tulane were I thought my chances were more realistic.

They just keep us guessing.

This is honestly a random process. Received interviews from schools that I thought were a bit of a reach, but got a straight R from a school like Tulane were I thought my chances were more realistic.

They just keep us guessing.
it's a crapshoot that keeps us guessing. I added 4 schools on July 31 to AMCAS bc I'm ~neurotic~ and weirdly got interviews at 2 of those so honestly this process is confusing af

Reactions: 3 users