About the Ads

myka

2+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
hey we have to complete both the FAFSA and the CSS profile right? the wording of their email makes it seem like the CSS profile is optional

Physician.EXE

Robot Overlord
Mar 28, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Anyone get the confirmation email after filling out the wait list response form yet?

hannakm

Weill Cornell 2023
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Is there an accepted students FB page yet
Not sure what’s happening this year but last year, they waited until after the deadline for choosing your med school to make the FB group (April 28)

About the Ads

hannakm

Weill Cornell 2023
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Medical Student
How do we submit the deposit?
From last year's email:
"To confirm a decision to enroll at Weill Cornell Medical College, applicants must also submit a $100 dollar tuition deposit (check or money order written to “Weill Cornell Medical College” and sent to the address below my signature line) by April 30th, 2019. The deposit is non-refundable after that date."

Address:
Weill Cornell Medicine
Medical College Office of Admissions
445 East 69th Street, Olin Hall 104
New York, NY 10021

Jul 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
How much time do we have to get all the required forms in? I won’t be able to access an actual comp/scanner till next week.

Physician.EXE

Robot Overlord
Mar 28, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Did anyone who completed the WL form get a confirmation response via email of your answers? Haven’t gotten mine yet.
Haven't gotten it either

About the Ads

hannakm

Weill Cornell 2023
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Reactions: himalayansaltlamp
Jul 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey guys...quick neurotic q. I became a part time student for my final semester and didn’t notify Cornell that I was doing so. Was this something that I had to/should do? No where in my application did I say that I would be a full time student in the spring. Just trying not to get my A rescinded.

• Haha
Reactions: strappysandals

strappysandals

2+ Year Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hey guys...quick neurotic q. I became a part time student for my final semester and didn’t notify Cornell that I was doing so. Was this something that I had to/should do? No where in my application did I say that I would be a full time student in the spring. Just trying not to get my A rescinded.
You will be good!

Reactions: throwaway2020MD
Jul 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
“Business owners must include applicable forms: Schedule C, E, forms K-1, 1120-S, 1065, 4562, etc.” does anyone know what the etc. accounts for. I literally know nothing about taxes

About the Ads

nmaddog

2+ Year Member
Oct 23, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Is there really not going to be any kind of group made like FB group/slack until after April 30th? I'd definitely appreciate some kind of open discussion to talk with current students about my questions!
I saw that previous years had FB groups that were created in mid-March so there could be if the current students/admins decide to....

hannakm

Weill Cornell 2023
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Medical Student
Is there really not going to be any kind of group made like FB group/slack until after April 30th? I'd definitely appreciate some kind of open discussion to talk with current students about my questions!
I think the rational behind changing it for last year (at least what I heard from an upperclassman) was that they wanted to limit the FB group to matriculating students because the group continues into the school year as a place for social stuff/info/etc. I guess to make it more like an official WCM class of XXXX page rather than a group for all admits.

Since in-person second look is cancelled I’m not sure whether the admissions office will decide to do it differently this year, but you could reach out to ask? We haven’t gotten the details yet but they’re planning a virtual second look which I imagine will also give you an opportunity to learn about the school and talk to current students. In your interview packets I think you might have also gotten a sheet with some students’ info and emails in case you are interested in specific things people are involved in—or even have general questions about whatever.

You’ll probably be getting more info about the virtual second look soon, but in the mean time feel free to reach out to me (or any of my lurking classmates cuz I know at least a couple are here) if you have questions related to student life, the curriculum, etc

Reactions: throwaway2020MD
Jul 21, 2019
I think the rational behind changing it for last year (at least what I heard from an upperclassman) was that they wanted to limit the FB group to matriculating students because the group continues into the school year as a place for social stuff/info/etc. I guess to make it more like an official WCM class of XXXX page rather than a group for all admits.

Since in-person second look is cancelled I’m not sure whether the admissions office will decide to do it differently this year, but you could reach out to ask? We haven’t gotten the details yet but they’re planning a virtual second look which I imagine will also give you an opportunity to learn about the school and talk to current students. In your interview packets I think you might have also gotten a sheet with some students’ info and emails in case you are interested in specific things people are involved in—or even have general questions about whatever.

You’ll probably be getting more info about the virtual second look soon, but in the mean time feel free to reach out to me (or any of my lurking classmates cuz I know at least a couple are here) if you have questions related to student life, the curriculum, etc
I definitely understand that reasoning, but I think it'd be super welcomed to start facilitating discussion/introductions between prospective students and current students to at least get a feel of who our potential classmates may be (especially with second look moving to online). Not sure if Cornell has any MS1 representatives that could facilitate something like this? Thanks for being responsive on this forum!

aquophor711

2+ Year Member
May 29, 2017
I'm not URM but got an email about the Dean's Diversity Scholarship? Anyone else get this? Any current students can chime in about it?
+1. Not URM but also got the Deans Diversity Scholarship email! The email was vague and couldn’t find much information about it online.. Any insight would be appreciated!!

myka

2+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
anyone else feel insensitive emailing the admissions office right now with all of this covid chaos going on? i'm scared of being judged as selfish for worrying about my app during the current situation, especially in NY...

hannakm

Weill Cornell 2023
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Medical Student
I definitely understand that reasoning, but I think it'd be super welcomed to start facilitating discussion/introductions between prospective students and current students to at least get a feel of who our potential classmates may be (especially with second look moving to online). Not sure if Cornell has any MS1 representatives that could facilitate something like this? Thanks for being responsive on this forum!
Totally get where you’re coming from. I doubt Cornell will leave you in the dust and make you decide on a school without the opportunity to talk to students. The admissions office and M1 reps are working hard to plan the online second look right now, so I’d wait until then to see if you can get connected with students as you need. It’s just that the situation is a little hectic and unpredictable (about a week and a half ago, student groups were still discussing in person second look activities and living in the dorms), so things might be moving a little slower than ideal.

+1. Not URM but also got the Deans Diversity Scholarship email! The email was vague and couldn’t find much information about it online.. Any insight would be appreciated!!
Not a URM, but was one of many to receive one of the initial emails last year. (I think the email was sent to most people). To be considered for it all you have to do is submit all of your financial aid materials online since it does look for people with demonstrated financial need. I think only 1 or 2 students receive it every year though (have no idea who got it in our class), but that’s all I know sorry haha

The-Medical-Mamba

2+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Totally get where you’re coming from. I doubt Cornell will leave you in the dust and make you decide on a school without the opportunity to talk to students. The admissions office and M1 reps are working hard to plan the online second look right now, so I’d wait until then to see if you can get connected with students as you need. It’s just that the situation is a little hectic and unpredictable (about a week and a half ago, student groups were still discussing in person second look activities and living in the dorms), so things might be moving a little slower than ideal.

Not a URM, but was one of many to receive one of the initial emails last year. (I think the email was sent to most people). To be considered for it all you have to do is submit all of your financial aid materials online since it does look for people with demonstrated financial need. I think only 1 or 2 students receive it every year though (have no idea who got it in our class), but that’s all I know sorry haha
With regards to the scholarship, if you had a high need for financial aid, couldn’t you technically get full tuition anyway without necessarily getting the scholarship?

hannakm

Weill Cornell 2023
2+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2016
Status
Medical Student
With regards to the scholarship, if you had a high need for financial aid, couldn’t you technically get full tuition anyway without necessarily getting the scholarship?
Yeah especially with debt-free Cornell’s financial aid is already pretty generous, so not sure how that’s taken into account

Dec 9, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I thought I read somewhere that the student's SSN has to be written on the top of all submitted tax returns but now I can't find where it said that. Is that true or am I confusing it with something else?

About the Ads