You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Stanford
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I don't think they care. From past threads, seems like they reach out to the ones whom they're interested in. Don't call us we'll call you deal, very California. Most schools ask if you want to stay on the WL, they just assume you do I guess.Does anyone know if letters of interest/intent are accepted/useful here (particularly if waitlisted)? Thanks in advance!
medhopeful4736292
New Member
For students that have been admitted, has any one received an acceptance with a lower mcat score (<510)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lol similar question for me: anyone been accepted with a lower GPA (<3.6), but maybe a high MCAT?For students that have been admitted, has any one received an acceptance with a lower mcat score (<510)?
Hi all, just so people know I can confirm this is true. My SO (no SDN acct) just got a regular acceptance call. December interview. I'm guessing more will come later today. Good luck to everyone!They said they won't be doing more Zoom calls for acceptances and will go back to regular acceptance calls.
Last edited:
omg i'm scared lmaoHi all, just so people know I can confirm this is true. My SO just got a regular acceptance call. December interview. I'm guessing more will come later today. Good luck to everyone!
When in December? I wasn't expecting further acceptances this month I'm wondering if they are picking up people in order of interview or just Dec as a batch.Just got a regular acceptance call! December interview. They said MSTP results will be called separately at another time. It came from an unknown No Caller ID number, I almost didn't pick it up haha...
Just got an MD admission! MSTP will be evaluated later! Holy I’m crying
Was that the 9th?First December date, so quite possible it is in order.
They really do be cappin on the admissions page smh. Looks like there will be more than 3 release dates (not that I’m complaining).
eagledoc2025
Full Member
Have any PSTP people who got As this week heard back about PSTP?
I was a dec interview for MSTP. I think it may be I'm not too sure though!Has everyone accepted today been MSTP?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
whatplsdoc
Full Member
Omg congrats, pls celebrate!! May I ask when u interviewed?Just got an MD admission! MSTP will be evaluated later! Holy I’m crying
They said they'll send an email at some point, not sure when though. No portal update on my end.i just lost my phone now im freaking out if I miss a call (not getting my hopes up though, lol) that ill lose out. Will my portal also update or is there an email that is sent out prior or around the same time?
So sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon. I did that on the last day and was in touch with the admission in regards to the deadline. Although I feel I’m not the best one to answer you this question but it seems to me that admission officers are very supportive and want to make this process as smooth as possible for us. So I’d recommend you to reach out to them as soon as possible to make arrangements. Stay strong!How strict is the two week VITA deadline? Been sick with COVID lol
pansycheese
New Member
They said they will announce PSTP and MSTP decisions later! Didn’t give a specific timeline thoughHave any PSTP people who got As this week heard back about PSTP?
During my MSTP interview they said we could expect to hear back in March about the MSTP decisions! Hopefully they can get back to us sooner lol
Did anyone who interviewed on 12/4 or later hear back yet?
Thank you! I’ll try to power through lol also does the vita time stamp when you submit? if I’m on the east coast and have the vita to submit for a west coast school, do I have until my midnight or midnight of the west coast school?So sorry to hear that, hope you get better soon. I did that on the last day and was in touch with the admission in regards to the deadline. Although I feel I’m not the best one to answer you this question but it seems to me that admission officers are very supportive and want to make this process as smooth as possible for us. So I’d recommend you to reach out to them as soon as possible to make arrangements. Stay strong!
I’m sure it does timestamp, but I doubt people are quibbling over a few hrs here and there. I’m pretty sure the 2 weeks deadline is just in place to get stuff back in a somewhat timely manner.Thank you! I’ll try to power through lol also does the vita time stamp when you submit? if I’m on the east coast and have the vita to submit for a west coast school, do I have until my midnight or midnight of the west coast school?
D
deleted1014383
I know PTSP were notified on Wednesday on the Zoom call just for MD, and PTSP would come later as well. Not sure if they plan on having phone calls for PTSP.
I agree!I’m sure it does timestamp, but I doubt people are quibbling over a few hrs here and there. I’m pretty sure the 2 weeks deadline is just in place to get stuff back in a somewhat timely manner.
Thank you so much!! I interviewed Dec 2ndOmg congrats, pls celebrate!! May I ask when u interviewed?
On the call, Dr. Gibbs said MSTP is meeting very soon. I have no idea what that means tho. 1/2 of the way there at least!During my MSTP interview they said we could expect to hear back in March about the MSTP decisions! Hopefully they can get back to us sooner lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry to hear 🙁. May I ask when you interviewed?Just got the WL email 😭 Way to ruin my weekend
bernie’s mittens
New Member
I applied to KH and received the email...now anxiously awaiting yet another Wednesday 🤣Any people who applied to KH either receive or not receive the email?
Dec 2ndSorry to hear 🙁. May I ask when you interviewed?
i got a call from california that i missed, i hope they’re not making calls on the weekend lol
Previous posters said they were *67 the calls (anonymous) so might not be something to fret over.
officefan123
Full Member
When do yall think the next A wave is going to be?
Congrats to those who have been accepted! And good luck to those on the waitlist or still waiting. Feel free to PM if you have questions about attending or decisions. Will be slow to reply because it’s a busy time, but happy to chat as someone who’s been here pre, during, and (presumably) post covid.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to abandon their "3 release dates" plan and just do a bunch of small, frequent announcements (like every week or two). It also seems, unlike previous years, they're going more chronologically in terms of when people interviewed, and that we're currently sitting in early December.When do yall think the next A wave is going to be?
Edit: For the 2nd part, I mean in terms of first-pass As. There will almost certainly be WL movement, just later in the cycle.
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
I interviewed in Jan! When does KH come out?
KH releases an update around noon PST this Wednesday, 2/3/21. At that time you’ll learn either that you are no longer in consideration, or that you’re one of ~150 finalists interviewing in early MarchI interviewed in Jan! When does KH come out?
Anyone know if Stanford likes letters of intent or updates if we're on the WL?
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
So basically if you are a finalist does that mean you're into stanford med already? if you haven't gotten a A yet ?
officefan123
Full Member
Does everyone get a post interview door dash credit?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didDoes everyone get a post interview door dash credit?
Does everyone get a post interview door dash credit?
I previously was concerned about being overlooked, but got mine a little over a week after interviewing. Almost panicked as I thought it was an R 😂
Technically no, they are separate. Being a KH finalist doesn't mean you have gotten or will by default get an A. But historically I think there's been a pretty high (80+%) acceptance rate for KH finalists across the many different degree programs to which they've applied.So basically if you are a finalist does that mean you're into stanford med already? if you haven't gotten a A yet ?
futuredoc1999108753
Full Member
How hard is it to get into the KH program
veryHow hard is it to get into the KH program