You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Tulane
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ReallyNicepremed
Full Member
Is anyone still waiting on a secondary?
A lot of us are and going by the last 2 years thread, this is very normal. I was verified July 1st and I'm praying I get a secondary before interview invites start rolling out.
Is anyone still waiting on a secondary?
Yep, still waiting here. 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Reading this was a shot to the heart since I submitted 7/15 and still haven't gotten an under review email lol. Anyone else in the same boat?received and submitted 7/17
I submitted 7/15 and haven’t gotten the under review email either. OOSReading this was a shot to the heart since I submitted 7/15 and still haven't gotten an under review email lol. Anyone else in the same boat?
Doodleloodle
Full Member
SameI submitted 7/15 and haven’t gotten the under review email either. OOS
D
deleted1061754
Yep yep :/Same
Is anyone having a problem checking the status of the completed application?
I was able to see the status not yet go into "In progress" after completion.
But I have not been able to check the status anymore and it just updated to something like this (Interview category showed up) with nothing on the status column.
I was able to see the status not yet go into "In progress" after completion.
But I have not been able to check the status anymore and it just updated to something like this (Interview category showed up) with nothing on the status column.
inked.cuse
Full Member
Ugh I still haven't received mine. Getting worried, but don't want to be annoying by contacting admissions.
D
deleted1061754
Secondary or complete email?Ugh I still haven't received mine. Getting worried, but don't want to be annoying by contacting admissions.
I'm right there with you I was verified way before 7/10Goddamn! Tulane is going to send out interview invites before I get a secondary and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it.
hi this seems like a recurring issue but I was verified 6/3 and still havent received a secondary... is this normal im confused
I
I just submitted mine this morning. Just see some square boxes. Might be a technical issue on their end.
Is anyone having a problem checking the status of the completed application?
I was able to see the status not yet go into "In progress" after completion.
But I have not been able to check the status anymore and it just updated to something like this (Interview category showed up) with nothing on the status column.
View attachment 313687
I just submitted mine this morning. Just see some square boxes. Might be a technical issue on their end.
+1$62.50 was what I had to pay
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1061754
Any more complete emails?
verified 6/4, OOS, and still waiting for a secondary OOF.I submitted 7/15 and haven’t gotten the under review email either. OOS
This thread already has 200+ posts lol I'm wondering how many total applicants they're about to have
InfectiousDiseasesH&TM
Full Member
This thread already has 200+ posts lol I'm wondering how many total applicants they're about to have
They're predicting upwards of 13,000 this cycle
I believe it. Quite frankly it's going to come down to whoever submits everything first.They're predicting upwards of 13,000 this cycle![]()
I believe it. Quite frankly it's going to come down to whoever submits everything first.
Don't sacrifice quality for speed. I submitted in 1 week, as I had to juggle 8 other apps.
inked.cuse
Full Member
Secondary!Secondary or complete email?
D
deleted1061754
It seems like from last year they send complete emails right before II
My school has given a similar deadline, and it's frustrating for sure. But early August is not late by any means! 🙂I hope that I won't be at a disadvantage because my committee letter won't be submitted until ~August 7th or later 🙁
islandersfan79
Full Member
If you still haven't gotten the secondary I would suggest emailing admissions. I did this yesterday and got the secondary instantly. OOS.
Is anyone else having trouble viewing their application status? A few days ago mine had checks for each item and now all the boxes are empty despite being previously checked off.
I just got the secondary yesterday so i never saw it before but all the boxes are empty for me as well now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you have 6 boxes, last one "interview"? I'm just curiousI just got the secondary yesterday so i never saw it before but all the boxes are empty for me as well now
yupDo you have 6 boxes, last one "interview"? I'm just curious
which email address did you send an email to?If you still haven't gotten the secondary I would suggest emailing admissions. I did this yesterday and got the secondary instantly. OOS.
annperkins
Full Member
+1, called admissions and they said they are working on this issue and also told me my application is completeI just got the secondary yesterday so i never saw it before but all the boxes are empty for me as well now
I have those same boxesView attachment 313823
um so i submitted but i cant really check my status, is anybody else getting these boxes?? should i contact the school and ask about this?
verified 6/4, OOS, secondary received this AM
did not email admissions for secondary, be patient y'all!
did not email admissions for secondary, be patient y'all!
Need some advice. I was scheduled to take an early MCAT, then rescheduled to July and got sick. I'm now scheduled for August 14. Doing well on my practice tests and would prefer to take it earlier but can't find any availability to do so. My primary is verified to a throw away school and all my LORs are in. Should I submit my app to all my schools and hope to start getting secondary apps or wait till September 1 to add all my schools to the list after I get my MCAT back? 🙁
Please help!
Please help!
Internationalphysician
Full Member
Would highly recommend you start sending secondaries. Most schools are reviewing apps without an MCAT for interview invites. Regardless, this is a good time for you to start adding schools and submitting secondaries. You will have more time to write and submit even if they are not going to review without your score.Need some advice. I was scheduled to take an early MCAT, then rescheduled to July and got sick. I'm now scheduled for August 14. Doing well on my practice tests and would prefer to take it earlier but can't find any availability to do so. My primary is verified to a throw away school and all my LORs are in. Should I submit my app to all my schools and hope to start getting secondary apps or wait till September 1 to add all my schools to the list after I get my MCAT back? 🙁
Please help!
Would highly recommend you start sending secondaries. Most schools are reviewing apps without an MCAT for interview invites. Regardless, this is a good time for you to start adding schools and submitting secondaries. You will have more time to write and submit even if they are not going to review without your score.
Is this really true though? I know Stanford is, but I thought most schools are extending the deadline for acceptable MCATs, not extending IIs before an MCAT score is received. Tulane's wording is ambiguous on this. FWIW I'm also still waiting for my score, but Tulane hasn't even sent me a secondary yet LOL.
Internationalphysician
Full Member
I am not talking about waving the MCAT. A lot of schools (not Tulane) posted on their website that they will offer interviews without an MCAT but will wait for the score before accepting/rejecting. Now that is what they have posted on their websites but who knowsIs this really true though? I know Stanford is, but I thought most schools are extending the deadline for acceptable MCATs, not extending IIs before an MCAT score is received. Tulane's wording is ambiguous on this. FWIW I'm also still waiting for my score, but Tulane hasn't even sent me a secondary yet LOL.
CountryBoy2134
Full Member
Are there people who have still not received a secondary? I am not sure if Tulane prescreens.
still haven't received a secondary and i was verified 6/7Are there people who have still not received a secondary? I am not sure if Tulane prescreens.
I haven't either verified 6/26Are there people who have still not received a secondary? I am not sure if Tulane prescreens.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there people who have still not received a secondary? I am not sure if Tulane prescreens.
They do not prescreen. Everyone will receive a secondary, per their FAQ page.
D
deleted1057987
Hi i submitted my secondary last week and my profile still shows this....kinda confused rn why nothing is checked. Is anyone else's like this?
D
deleted1061754
Many (all?) people’s portals look like this. I bet it’s just a technical glitch and they fix it soonHi i submitted my secondary last week and my profile still shows this....kinda confused rn why nothing is checked. Is anyone else's like this?View attachment 313902
From what I've seen, everyone is having the same issue on their portal. I think it's a technical problem on their side! No worriesHi i submitted my secondary last week and my profile still shows this....kinda confused rn why nothing is checked. Is anyone else's like this?View attachment 313902
D
deleted1040408
anyone else not receive a secondary yet?