2020-2021 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they waiting to send out R's for students who have heard anything since secondaries? Or do we continue waiting?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Are they waiting to send out R's for students who have heard anything since secondaries? Or do we continue waiting?
I mean there's a lot going on that we don't know about. They started considerably later than other schools and it doesn't seem like that much II movement has happened (although not everyone posts/uses SDN). I'd want to say there's a shot of decent II movement happening, although this is just pure speculation.

• Care
Just got an II here! Pleasantly surprised, was complete in early October. Does anyone know if IIs here on are for the waitlist or is there a viable shot at getting accepted?

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
do they screen pre or post secondary? sorry if discussed already..... also how holistic are they? low scores but 5 pubs / lots of research and clinical exp..... and outstanding LORs (4 from MDs, one being academic director of master's program...)

Last edited:
thank you! that is what I have heard as well but not sure especially given this freaking year.....
Yeah. If you read the email for their secondary invitation, they say something like "Based on an initial review of your AMCAS application, we are sending you a secondary"

Reactions: 1 user
do they screen pre or post secondary? sorry if discussed already..... also how holistic are they? low scores but 5 pubs / lots of research and clinical exp..... and outstanding LORs (4 from MDs, one being academic director of master's program...)
They definitely screen pre-secondary. This thread is filled with examples, just go back a few pages.

• Love
Congratulations. Can you share your Stats?
URM, MCAT 506, cGPA 3.56, not affiliated with IE but I am an LA native and I emphasized my interest in serving this area on my application

Reactions: 9 users
Has anyone who completed their application past 10/31 received an II? Does the completed date even matter at this point?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who completed their application past 10/31 received an II? Does the completed date even matter at this point?
Bumping as well...though I was complete late September.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if it’s worth emailing if it’s been radio silence? I’ve been complete since 10/1 and I’m an IE resident so was really hoping for and interview but have heard literally
Nothing

Anyone know if it’s worth emailing if it’s been radio silence? I’ve been complete since 10/1 and I’m an IE resident so was really hoping for and interview but have heard literally
Nothing
+1. Unless no one who applied and got an II is posting, it seems like they are moving slower this year, especially after the technical issues they had last year. Let us know if you do end up emailing them.

Nothing

I'm IE as well. I emailed them a few weeks back and apparently their final decisions on IIs will be made in late March.

...which is soon. I'm concerned that I'm wiped out -_-.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Maybe they had another technical issue causing them to delay II invites... trying to convince myself of that anyways lol.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Nothing
I would recommend sending an update through the portal. I received an II the day after submitting mine back in January--was also complete in early Sept. Good luck friend!

I would recommend sending an update through the portal. I received an II the day after submitting mine back in January--was also complete in early Sept. Good luck friend!
Any advice on writing update letters? I never know how to go about them

Any advice on writing update letters? I never know how to go about them
The way I presented mine for the schools I updated:
Dear SOM,
1. this is what I've been up to since submitting (only briefly comment on stuff already mentioned in AMCAS, activities can be the same but focus on new and specific experiences from those activities if that's the case)
2. this is why these new experiences are important to my medical school journey
3. Here's how my experiences are something to be desired at your school (and why I love your school for my personal mission and goals!).
Signed, Me

I did my best to keep all my updates under one page. Whatever works best for you is great, but stick to stuff that gets you excited. It will come through in your writing! :)
Also sorry for not including my stats @gm7334 :
BCPM GPA: 3.62
AO GPA: 3.97
Cum GPA: 3.74
MCAT 1: C/P 130, CARS 125, BB 129, P/S 126
MCAT 2: C/P 126, CARS 127, BB 130, P/S 130

Have any accepted students heard back from the financial aid office regarding scholarships/grants? If so, are you a Haider applicant?

Anyone receive rejection post-seocndary?

So you’re saying the ones that haven’t heard anything yet are gonna get cut March 🥺?
Yep this late in the cycle and we haven't heard back yet then it's pretty much over lol

Yep this late in the cycle and we haven't heard back yet then it's pretty much over lol
In past cycles I would agree with this but covid is upon us so let’s keep hoping yall

In past cycles I would agree with this but covid is upon us so let’s keep hoping yall
I think with covid I doubt they are even behind though. Zoom interview allow school to squeeze in more people per interview date but yea im still holding onto a small glimpse of hope haha

Damn. That probably includes pre-II folks as well, I suppose.
Yep March rejection gonna be mostly pre ii folks such as us lol. The people with II are probably gonna be sitting on WL if anything

so if i haven’t heard anything, is it safe to assume i’m rejected?

Did anyone this year receive the pre-II hold email like UCR sent out mid-Fed last year? I never ended up receiving an official R letter last year, but have gotten literally zippo since submitting my secondary this year. 😢 Speculation aside, it would be so great if they generally let us know at least where they are because the silence really takes a toll on you.

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know if all the Haider spots are filled already?

• Hmm
Got the call last night around 8 PM! Haider applicant, interviewed 12/17. I hope this helps :)

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
anybody who interviewed in November, who is not a haider applicant, hear anything back yet?