2020-2021 UC Riverside

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
they mentioned that the committee would review our apps in 2-3 weeks. They are also interviewing until the end of March!
There are only two more weeks, I think, so they’re going to have to scramble, I suppose.

Thanks for the info!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any word when those who haven’t heard back post-interview will hear back?

Did anyone submit a Letter of Intent?

Is it acceptable to send it directly to admissions as well as upload it to the portal? Or just in the portal?

Did anyone submit a Letter of Intent?

Is it acceptable to send it directly to admissions as well as upload it to the portal? Or just in the portal?
I did. I sent it directly to admissions and uploaded it into my portal

I did. I sent it directly to admissions and uploaded it into my portal
Thank you Zeus! Did they respond back to you? Did you send it to the general admissions email or to a specific committee member?

Thank you Zeus! Did they respond back to you? Did you send it to the general admissions email or to a specific committee member?
of course :) and i sent it to the admissions email and cc’ed Dr. Cooper. The admissions office replied and said that they could confirm that my LOI was successfully uploaded to my portal

I know it's still recent but have any 3/4 interviewees heard back yet?
UCR seems to be taking their time in giving out acceptances. They haven't gotten back to a majority of February interviewees. Thus, you might be waiting for awhile.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think I've seen anyone get waitlisted......

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
really hoping for an interview here... :( still haven’t heard anything, complete 10/4.

really hoping for an interview here... :( still haven’t heard anything, complete 10/4.
Same here too.

I wasn’t eliminated last week. Hopefully that means that I’m (and the rest of you fine folks are) still being considered.

Don’t know though: I have lived and worked in the IE, so going to this school is a big desire for myself. I would love to continue working and living locally overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
same, i'm still waiting on ucr too... i'm still waiting for just one II, so let's all manifest one together :) hopefully our positivity will be contagious for others who are waiting too!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Same here too.

I wasn’t eliminated last week. Hopefully that means that I’m (and the rest of you fine folks are) still being considered.

Don’t know though: I have lived and worked in the IE, so going to this school is a big desire for myself. I would love to continue working and living locally overall.
me too! I really don't want to have to go OOS

Reactions: 1 users
me too! I really don't want to have to go OOS
Same here. I already lost a lot of the CA schools already.

Such is the life of a Cali applicant...who doesn’t exactly have sterling numbers on paper (did pretty well in post-bac though). I do have a good work history though...if that means anything to them.

Reactions: 4 users
same here, lived in the IE my whole life too, really was hopihn i wasn't going to have to leave

same here, lived in the IE my whole life too, really was hopihn i wasn't going to have to leave
I’m just concerned that more will be wiped tomorrow...like last week.

Reactions: 2 users
II about an hour ago! IS, complete early October. 1 available date for next week, but I'm choosing to decline the invitation and I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 13 users
Random thought: Is today the last day IIs are being handed out? Do they give out IIs on weekends?

March is almost over after all.

II about an hour ago! IS, complete early October. 1 available date for next week, but I'm choosing to decline the invitation and I hope it goes to one of you!
what is you gpa and mcat if you don’t mind me asking

praying to god and everything i have for just a chance to interview here :(

• Care
I guess this is more of a rant but I’m pretty disappointed in how long it’s taking for them to respond. I interviewed in early November and still nothing. I can’t really think of any justified reason why an ADCOM would take this long when they have to had discussed my application by now. I felt amazing after my interview day and really loved the school but now I feel somewhat disrespected. Does anyone know what could be going on or have any kind of timeline?

• Angry
  • Wow
So it was no joke when they told us that we can be waiting until August for a decision post-interview.

I guess this is more of a rant but I’m pretty disappointed in how long it’s taking for them to respond. I interviewed in early November and still nothing. I can’t really think of any justified reason why an ADCOM would take this long when they have to had discussed my application by now. I felt amazing after my interview day and really loved the school but now I feel somewhat disrespected. Does anyone know what could be going on or have any kind of timeline?
Yup I feel you. Same boat here, I was also interviewed in early November.

I emailed them, ~ 1.5 months ago, and they said it could take until August (refer to page 19)... I’m seriously considering grad school at this point lol

Yup I feel you. Same boat here, I was also interviewed in early November.

I emailed them, ~ 1.5 months ago, and they said it could take until August (refer to page 19)... I’m seriously considering grad school at this point lol
They should have just waitlisted us then and given us an approximate month to hear back 🙄. They honestly had one of the better organized Zoom interviews that I’ve had which really impressed me. I guess this is just the way things are

Sorry about your situation, I would be very frustrated and annoyed as well. Keep your head up though, I think this is simply their way of just waitlisting their applicants since they didn't formally give a decision yet.

i was an early november interviewee too, and this really speaks to my soul!! trying to continue reminding myself this is just the way it is with medical school is getting harder every day

Reactions: 4 users
The Facebook page mostly has MS1s, MS2s and MS3s on there. Not that many accepted students.

Reactions: 9 users
Any updates for those of you who haven't heard back since submitting your secondary essays? Are we basically rejected since their last interview date is at the end of this month?

Any updates for those of you who haven't heard back since submitting your secondary essays? Are we basically rejected since their last interview date is at the end of this month?
no idea, but I am in the same boat as you :)

Last interview day was today I believe

• Sad
Did anyone write an LOI here? and if so, would you mind explaining important points you included in your letter?

Last interview day was today I believe

Seriously?! Damn...

I was thinking they were going to interview throughout the end of March...and we're not exactly at the end yet.

I don't know. I was holding out for some hope since I wasn't wiped earlier in March.

EDIT: How do we know that this was the last interview day? Was it confirmed by somebody who interviewed already?

Last edited:
Seriously?! Damn...

I was thinking they were going to interview throughout the end of March...and we're not exactly at the end yet.

I don't know. I was holding out for some hope since I wasn't wiped earlier in March.

EDIT: How do we know that this was the last interview day? Was it confirmed by somebody who interviewed already?
yes, dean of admissions said that yesterday was the last day

• Sad
Did anyone write an LOI here? and if so, would you mind explaining important points you included in your letter?
Hey, I did! Basically I talked about how UCR's resources and opportunities will help me meet the goals I have as a future physician, and is thus the reason why UCR is the best school for me and why I would attend UCR no matter what.

• Care
Thank you so much! Did you also happen to include updates to your application?
I personally didn't because if I did my LOI would have been over one page. But i did talk abit about my activites, i just didn't go into specifics as an update letter would