2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the WL email. Interviewed 10/2. Congrats to all the accepted folks! :)

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Phone invite 10/28. Complete late Sept. Experience review complete mid-Oct.
Edit: OOS no ties, LM75, WARS S

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted an hour ago! IS, LM 77, interviewed 10/2. Congratulations to everyone else accepted, and good luck to everyone waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Don't give up hope! Complete 8/31. Experience review started 10/14. Experience review completed 10/24. Phone interview offered TODAY!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Never got an interview or phone interview ... but have interviews at MSU, CMU, and Wayne!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Lmao can someone re-phrase what Jean told us over the phone? I was too excited in the moment and I can't remember now. Did she say when we would receive the email or steps to move forward?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Lmao can someone re-phrase what Jean told us over the phone? I was too excited in the moment and I can't remember now. Did she say when we would receive the email or steps to move forward?

I received mine about a half-hour after the call. It's just an email with a form you need to electronically sign to hold your spot (no deposit required).

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted, first MD acceptance!! Interviewed 10/16. I probably sounded so dumb on the phone, all I could say was thank you :lol:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
congrats fellow 10/16ers (and everyone else too ;))!!! I anxiously await my WL or R!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Is there an accepted students group? Congrats everyone!!

Any live IIs go out today? Phone interview complete September 1st

edit: corrected phone interview date

Last edited:
  • Care
II, telephone interview completed last week. Dates for late November and first week of December

If you looked back in this thread, it was calculated that ~20% of applicants get a phone II. Around half of these applicants then get a virtual interview.
That honestly gives me some hope. I just got a phone invite and was really excited until a current med student (not from WMU) told me that Western gives out phone interviews like candy. Do you know how credible these numbers are?

That honestly gives me some hope. I just got a phone invite and was really excited until a current med student (not from WMU) told me that Western gives out phone interviews like candy. Do you know how credible these numbers are?

The numbers are pretty close to set in stone. Getting a phone II is a big deal! Congrats!

WL today
URM LM 69 Interviewed on 10/16
FROM Kalamazoo
Feelin v :clown:
Hang in there. Being on the WL at this school is a lot better than being on the WL at other schools because there’s active WL movement throughout the year. A significant number of people in my class came off the WL. Most if not all my close friends here came off the WL actually.

Reactions: 9 users
Just got the big R from WMed (pre-phone interview). Wonder what they were looking for?

Best of luck to the rest of y’all!

• Care
Just got the big R from WMed (pre-phone interview). Wonder what they were looking for?

Best of luck to the rest of y’all!
Sorry to hear that! I am curious about what they are looking for too. I was sort of shocked that I got a phone interview with my stats.

Same Pre-phone interview rejection good luck everyone!!

• Care
WL yesterday for me too I interviewed on 10/9 :/

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Virtual II about an hour ago. Phone interview complete 10/23, LM 69, URM. Two early December dates available.

I thought I completely bombed my phone interview and was waiting for the big R, so hopefully this gives hope to people feeling the same way after theirs! Best of luck to you all!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Same Pre-phone interview rejection good luck everyone!!
Did you get an email saying your were getting considered for a phone interview? Or did you get an email straight up telling you that you were rejected?

How long after your experiences review was completed were you offered a phone interview?

Is the phone interview just a phone call? not a facetime or video call?

Virtual II about an hour ago. Phone interview complete 10/23, LM 69, URM. Two early December dates available.

I thought I completely bombed my phone interview and was waiting for the big R, so hopefully this gives hope to people feeling the same way after theirs! Best of luck to you all!

Congrats!! But also man, how come there aren’t any earlier dates? Makes me worried as someone who applied back in September...

As to y’all who have received Rs, I’m so sorry for the news. Man, between this and Michigan State, it feels like some schools are just getting rejections out of the way early on this year.

As a re-applicant though (who’s still waiting to hear back from both :bag:), I know the feeling, and y’all are such qualified individuals that I hope it doesn’t get y’all down. And if any of you want to talk, my inbox is open!

• Care
Is anybody that was marked complete mid September (9/14) still waiting for experiences review? I haven't received any communication since so I'm kinda taking this as a soft R.

Is anybody that was marked complete mid September (9/14) still waiting for experiences review? I haven't received any communication since so I'm kinda taking this as a soft R.
I was marked complete in August and haven't heard anything...

• Care
I'm med sept and silence too. They have been giving Rs to ppl pre-II on this thread, so maybe not a soft R (yet)?

• Care
My timeline: Secondary complete 10/19, experience review 10/27 to 10/31, and consideration for phone-II email today.

Just for another data point, complete 8/18, Experiences Review start on 8/25, Review complete on 9/1, under consideration for phone interview on 9/2, radio silence since:meh:

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Now in consideration for phone interview. Anyone have experience with this? Soft R or standard procedure before an R? Done with my experience review