2020-2021 Western Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who interviewed: how early did you show up during the check-in period before the start of the day? I know in a pre-COVID interview day, showing up early would be the norm, but it seems odd to be 45 min early to a Zoom call šŸ˜„ does everyone just sit there and chat?
Will I see you Friday??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
are they still doing phone interviews? have not heard anything back yet

Did anyone do the survey monkey and the link did not work? Does anyone have the link to the interview materials and would be willing to DM me please?

Did anyone do the survey monkey and the link did not work? Does anyone have the link to the interview materials and would be willing to DM me please?I
I also received the interview materials today... but none of the videos linked to that email attachment are working for me

Deferred my position on the waitlist, hoping it goes to one of the homies!

Good luck : )

Reactions: 4 users
Deferred my position on the waitlist, hoping it goes to one of the homies!

Good luck : )
Thank you for giving up your spot sooner rather than later! It's appreciated by those who are waiting :)

Reactions: 1 users
I also received the interview materials today... but none of the videos linked to that email attachment are working for me
Sorry, but would you mind clarifying: did you receive the II yesterday or just further materials?

Sorry, but would you mind clarifying: did you receive the II yesterday or just further materials?
I received the II on 12/16 and received materials earlier this week... I eventually became able to access the materials (the wifi at my work must have it blocked for some reason!!) so ignore my earlier post lol

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if I can check in around 12:35 or do we have to check in at 12:15. Is there anything that we do during the check in time/

does anyone know if I can check in around 12:35 or do we have to check in at 12:15. Is there anything that we do during the check in time/
I'd recommend checking in on-time. Once they check you in you're allowed to turn off your mic and video and come back at 1 pm for the welcoming session

Reactions: 1 user
No you can check in later than 12:15. During that time they pull individual people into breakout rooms to verify them (so have a photo ID ready). Other than that you just sit there so itā€™s alright to not be there until later.

Thought this might help someone. There was over 2 months between my phone interview and II.

Attachments

• 92574150-9737-47A3-8D3C-9ED4DB5C5412.jpeg
    92574150-9737-47A3-8D3C-9ED4DB5C5412.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Care
Just withdrew my acceptance, the CoA is just way too high compared to some of my other acceptances. Hope my spot goes to one of you guys! Best of luck!

Reactions: 8 users
II just now, phone interview complete on 9/18. Thought I was done for since it had been so long since my phone interview so don't lose hope guys!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
II this morning!! and, thank you to people who withdrew :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got an invite for the telephone interview this morning!

Edit because I'm sure I'll get asked: complete mid-November, experience review completed yesterday, phone invite today

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just withdrew my acceptance, the CoA is just way too high compared to some of my other acceptances. Hope my spot goes to one of you guys! Best of luck!
Did you withdraw on the portal or email admissions?

II this morning! Phone interview done 10/8

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if update letters should be single or double spaced?

How long was it, if you don't mind sharing :) Mine is about 3/4 with 1.5 spacing and not sure if that is appropriate or not.
I kept it to a page - I even made the font like 10 ariel so I could fit everything

Has there been a specific day of the week decisions come out on? Last I see on this thread was Dec 17th, a Thursday.

did anyone who received an II yesterday get the VITA invite yet? In their email they said they are sent out on Thursdays but I haven't gotten anything..

did anyone who received an II yesterday get the VITA invite yet? In their email they said they are sent out on Thursdays but I haven't gotten anything..
Mine didnā€™t come until the next Thursday! I think they send out the invites too late on Wednesday for it to come the next morning

Waitlisted! Interviewed 1/8. Anyone have any experiences with the waitlist? I saw a post from last month and someone was accepted quickly!

My first II offered yesterday!! Completed the phone interview 12/16/20. Was giving up on the cycle. Time to prepare. One shot, do not miss your chance to blow!

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted! Interviewed 1/8. Anyone have any experiences with the waitlist? I saw a post from last month and someone was accepted quickly!
Guessing they didnā€™t get to 1/15 interviews today. I was a little hopeful lol

WMed is pretty good for WL movement. They review those applicants every time the committee meets.

Accepted today :) 1/8 interview. I had a phone interview in Sept, so it was a while between them :)

• Love
Got off the waitlist today! Interviewed Dec 3rd and got waitlisted December 17th

• Love
Anyone else interviewing tomorrow? Does anyone know if we will know the name of our interviewer before the actual interview, or will it be a surprise? So excited! šŸ˜€