2020-2021 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Second R of the cycle, MD OOS with no ties. LM 73 and complete 7/16. Good luck to everyone else!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Complete 7/17 and haven't heard back. I hope no news means good news.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
R. OOS LM73

Bye y’all
I’m sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best for other schools. If you don’t mind, would you let us know when you were complete? I’m trying to check how far they’ve gone through the applications.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m sorry to hear that. I wish you all the best for other schools. If you don’t mind, would you let us know when you were complete? I’m trying to check how far they’ve gone through the applications.
Thanks for the kind words!

Complete 7/15

Looks like Wisco is running a bit behind schedule this year. Last year looks like the first MD II's were late August and there were instate ones going out by mid-September. One of my very top choices, so the suspense is making me nervous!

Looks like Wisco is running a bit behind schedule this year. Last year looks like the first MD II's were late August and there were instate ones going out by mid-September. One of my very top choices, so the suspense is making me nervous!
Everything is delayed at least 2 weeks from last year in terms of timeline just based on transmission date, probably more in most places due to COVID impacting application review sessions and stuff. I'm in the same boat, but trying not to stress myself out and be logical about it.

Everything is delayed at least 2 weeks from last year in terms of timeline just based on transmission date, probably more in most places due to COVID impacting application review sessions and stuff. I'm in the same boat, but trying not to stress myself out and be logical about it.
yep, makes total sense. not worrying about it for now either

does Wisco usually send OOS IIs first?

I am not sure, based on last year's thread it seems maybe they did but someone else might be able to answer better. It would make since though because Wisco is in the fairly unique spot of having in-state residents unable to submit until well after out-of-state applicants.

II just now! Complete 7/13 OOS with family ties! Incredibly excited!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just got the R; OOS LM: 66; applying MD and DO

peace out homies

Pre-II R just now. LM 68, OOS with ties. Complete 8/10. Good luck to everybody!

Last edited:
Sounds like they're getting to it!! Looks like just OOS so far? Hoping to see some IS II soon too!

Yeah, seems like for the most part they are going chronologically and since IS had to be delayed, wouldn't be surprised if that's why they delay.
Not sure its completely chronological. Submitted 7/18 (OOS) and havn't heard a peep. Unless I am on hold and they just didn't tell me.

Not sure its completely chronological. Submitted 7/18 (OOS) and havn't heard a peep. Unless I am on hold and they just didn't tell me.
All the II's so far have been complete 7/17 or prior as far as I can tell, but regardless only 2 seem to be August and IS applicants can't be completed before August 1? I believe, which is why I said they may not have heard yet. I'm 7/16 OOS and haven't heard, but wouldn't expect perfect chronological order either, just seems the general trend, varies by reviewer

Last edited:
II today. Instate submitted on first day possible for in state. Confused by all their programming and also when I actually was scheduled for an interview. I think I should get a confirmation email of the actual time of the interview?

II today. Instate submitted on first day possible for in state. Confused by all their programming and also when I actually was scheduled for an interview. I think I should get a confirmation email of the actual time of the interview?
Congrats! What date is your interview? Stats?

Congrats! What date is your interview? Stats?
Thanks! 518 MCAT and 3.64 gpa. The interview date is over 3 separate days from October 21-23. with pre-programming we need to watch before the actual thing. The email did not explain the process well so hoping to get more info soon.

Thanks! 518 MCAT and 3.64 gpa. The interview date is over 3 separate days from October 21-23. with pre-programming we need to watch before the actual thing. The email did not explain the process well so hoping to get more info soon.
Congrats!! What about VITA?

Wait, so the interview is consisted of 3 days?

Thanks! URM/ORM?

It is three weekdays? Some people work and will struggle getting that kind of time off what the heck. Did they give times?

It is three weekdays? Some people work and will struggle getting that kind of time off what the heck. Did they give times?
So need to complete VITA before interview week starts. Looks like a few QandA sessions and general info sessions throughout the week during the day on Wednesday and Friday. 2 interviews on either Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Everything is mid-day

How do people feel about the small group interview? Does anyone know if it will be some sort of group activity with other interviewees, or kind of like a normal interview but with more people?

How do people feel about the small group interview? Does anyone know if it will be some sort of group activity with other interviewees, or kind of like a normal interview but with more people?
I have no idea what to expect from that, I'd assume it tests how well you work with other people?

I forgot to reply again. II IS last Friday! URM. LM 66.8 and WARS 75.

Reactions: 3 users
Also just got a VITA invite for MSTP! I recorded mine a few weeks ago so I can only hope past me did well enough...

For those that got IIs for regular MD, did you all ever receive an invite for VITA? Or is that only for MSTP?

My portal says that my "application is ready", but it does not say "under review". Is this the same for everyone else? Does it change to "under review" when they look at my application? Thanks!