2020-2021 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My portal says that my "application is ready", but it does not say "under review". Is this the same for everyone else? Does it change to "under review" when they look at my application? Thanks!
Mine also has said “application is ready” ever since August & still does. I’m in-state and submitted the first day in-state could submit. Refreshing my email way too often this week...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
II today! Complete 7/30, OOS URM with family ties, LM 71. To answer your question @onelastshot, it says they'll send the official VITA invite the Thursday of the week you get your II email. It's all kind of confusing

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if you need to upload the writing requirement files (paper and syllabus for the class) to be considered for interview? Or is this just prior to matriculation?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if you need to upload the writing requirement files (paper and syllabus for the class) to be considered for interview? Or is this just prior to matriculation?
Matriculation! I know somebody who is a student this year and that is what they had to do.

OOS R complete 7/27. Felt really good about my chances of at least interviewing here and have a friend attending this school so this one stings. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

• Sad
OOS R complete 7/27.... this was my undergrad so I was hoping to return but guess ties weren't strong enough..... :(

OOS R complete 7/22. Went to UW for undergrad, live in madison and do research with the school of medicine sooooo happy tuesday lol :(

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
My portal says that my "application is ready", but it does not say "under review". Is this the same for everyone else? Does it change to "under review" when they look at my application? Thanks!

Mine also has said “application is ready” ever since August & still does. I’m in-state and submitted the first day in-state could submit. Refreshing my email way too often this week...

I wouldn't look too much into it, my portal says "application is ready" and I have an interview here later this month. Seems like some schools portal will update to "Under review" but many don't and you have no idea. Shoutout to WMed for sending updates as you are reviewed and progressed to the next stage.

Still radio silence from Wisco for me. Current student there, OOS, LM and WARS are both 75. Complete 7/13

Complete

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Matriculation! I know somebody who is a student this year and that is what they had to do.

Thanks! I just uploaded that today but was complete a while ago. I haven't heard back about an interview yet so I was worried it might be because of that

Received II! Complete first day of submission, in state. LM 70. So excited for this school!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
II! IS, LM 74, complete 8/16. I have conflicts with the live sessions because I work full-time so not sure how to handle that, anyone else have that issue?

II! IS, LM 74, complete 8/16. I have conflicts with the live sessions because I work full-time so not sure how to handle that, anyone else have that issue?
Congrats! What date is your interview?

Has anyone been able to find that 'photo tab' of the student portal they mention in the interview acceptance acknowledgement email?

Has anyone been able to find that 'photo tab' of the student portal they mention in the interview acceptance acknowledgement email?
I emailed them about it. Basically said they will update the secondary portal soon. Mine hasn't changed since getting the II

Anyone else received this application update email with the voting reminder? No II or rejection so guess app is "under review" per the email? Personally speaking, I liked that voting advocacy touch!

Anyone else received this application update email with the voting reminder? No II or rejection so guess app is "under review" per the email? Personally speaking, I liked that voting advocacy touch!

Again, this is the University of Wisconsin forum. That email was sent by the Medical College of Wisconsin lol.

But, I did get that email and enjoyed it.

Pre-II R :( sad bc this was probably my top school but I'm OOS with no ties (except for being from the Midwest lol) so not that surprised

LM 76, complete 8/3

good luck to everyone else!!

• Care

Hey y'all, I'm actually pretty confused by this, I tried to upload a picture via the 'documents' tab but it wouldn't let me, what did everyone else do?

Hey y'all, I'm actually pretty confused by this, I tried to upload a picture via the 'documents' tab but it wouldn't let me, what did everyone else do?
We're supposed to wait until they update the portal with the interview section

Screen Shot 2020-10-15 at 1.00.12 PM.png

Hi everyone. I'm very grateful to have received an interview invite from Wisconsin. However, the email doesn't explain very well about the interview process so I"m quite confused.
Basically, I have to do the VITA as soon as possible. Then there are 4 parts of the live interview session: one is with a faculty (the date I chose on the doodle), one with a student group on Friday from 11-12pm, and two more optional sessions---diversity discussion and open office hours.

IS my understanding correct? thanks for your time.

View attachment 320557

Hi everyone. I'm very grateful to have received an interview invite from Wisconsin. However, the email doesn't explain very well about the interview process so I"m quite confused.
Basically, I have to do the VITA as soon as possible. Then there are 4 parts of the live interview session: one is with a faculty (the date I chose on the doodle), one with a student group on Friday from 11-12pm, and two more optional sessions---diversity discussion and open office hours.

Yes! The faculty interview will be just you and the faculty member 1-on-1 for 30 minutes- very traditional and conversational. Then there is a student led group interview (3-4 applicants and 2 medical students). The curriculum Q&A the first day, the diversity round table, and ending Q&A are all optional but from the read I got of the admissions committee they took role and expected people to be there! Hope this helps!!

View attachment 320557

Congrats! When were you complete?

Nov 18-20, but that currently conflicts with another interview so I've gotta figure that out.

I’m in the same situation. I have another interview during the same time as the Curriculum Q&A session. Even though it’s optional, it seems like it would be a bad look to miss it. If I reschedule it would be more than a month later though. I’ll probably email them and see what they say.

I’m in the same situation. I have another interview during the same time as the Curriculum Q&A session. Even though it’s optional, it seems like it would be a bad look to miss it. If I reschedule it would be more than a month later though. I’ll probably email them and see what they say.
I assume in your case they'll let you do the Q&A with another interview group and keep your date!

Yes! The faculty interview will be just you and the faculty member 1-on-1 for 30 minutes- very traditional and conversational. Then there is a student led group interview (3-4 applicants and 2 medical students). The curriculum Q&A the first day, the diversity round table, and ending Q&A are all optional but from the read I got of the admissions committee they took role and expected people to be there! Hope this helps!!
I don't see the curriculum Q/A in the email..? have you already interviewed there? If so, can you please share with me your experiences? :)

I don't see the curriculum Q/A in the email..? have you already interviewed there? If so, can you please share with me your experiences? :)
For me, the curriculum Q&A was on a Wednesday. I’m actually in the process of my sessions and interviews this week, but if you PM me I will let you know how everything went when it is done tomorrow!

For me, the curriculum Q&A was on a Wednesday. I’m actually in the process of my sessions and interviews this week, but if you PM me I will let you know how everything went when it is done tomorrow!
I'd really appreciate that. Thank you so much and good luck to you! you are going to ACE IT.

How long after VITA did you guys hear back? Sorry if this has already been asked. VITA felt very bleh for me and I'm nervous! Thank you

How long after VITA did you guys hear back? Sorry if this has already been asked. VITA felt very bleh for me and I'm nervous! Thank you
I also felt not great after my VITA, tough questions to answer without and feedback and continuing questions like I have gotten in MMI formats. I am hoping VITA isn't a big deal and the real interviews are more important

HI guys, I have a couple of questions. Please help me out:
1) where can I upload a photo of myself in the portal? I cannot find any photo upload tab in the portal :/
2) I just received a confirmation of my interview invite with details about various interview sessions. Am I supposed to receive a separate email from VITA?

so you were saying that the Admissions is going to update our portal with an interview tab? so far I have received only 2 emails about the interviews in the communication Status tab.
Yup. Took until a week before my interview for it to be updated

HI guys, I have a couple of questions. Please help me out:
1) where can I upload a photo of myself in the portal? I cannot find any photo upload tab in the portal :/
2) I just received a confirmation of my interview invite with details about various interview sessions. Am I supposed to receive a separate email from VITA?
Yes, the VITA email invite is sent the Thursday after your official II email