2021-2022 California Health Sciences University College of Osteopathic Medicine (CHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone planning to go tomorrow and just show up?

Members don't see this ad.

II just now. The last few years were there any spots still open around this time or am I interviewing for a waitlist spot at this point?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone receive a confirming interest email for the month of November?

How long did they say we would hear back by post-interview?

got a confirming interest email, does that mean I was placed on the waitlist?

got a confirming interest email, does that mean I was placed on the waitlist?
I got the same thing. I think it does mean we were put on a waitlist although it was a very roundabout way of saying it haha

Has the interview decision turnaround been consistently 2 weeks?

Also how did they notify those who were A/WL/R?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted 😭 interviewed 11/22

Edit- does anyone know how the waitlist works/how much movement there usually is? I was looking at last year's thread and it looks pretty stagnant

Last edited:
released my spot--hope it goes to one of you wonderful people!

Are people still getting IIs? I've been complete since 9/8 but haven't heard anything since

Reactions: 2 users
It's been so quiet on SDN lol. Or is it me? Do things tend to slow down this month?

Hello all! Current CHSU-COM first year med student here. Just sending you all my warm wishes and hoping for some great news! Last year, around this time, my anxiety was at an all time high when I ended up on the waitlist so I get it. It’s still early! I got off the WL late June. So far, I love it here and I hope to see you guys next year :)

Reactions: 1 users
Is it weird that I haven't heard anything back since the verification of completion of my II?
I applied on 8/31, received II 9/10, submitted II it 9/14, and received verification of completion of application after they received my CASPER scores on 11/16

PS I am OOS(No ties) and low(er) GPA/MCAT 3rd quartile Casper but have great extracurriculars

Is it weird that I haven't heard anything back since the verification of completion of my II?
I applied on 8/31, received II 9/10, submitted II it 9/14, and received verification of completion of application after they received my CASPER scores on 11/16

PS I am OOS(No ties) and low(er) GPA/MCAT 3rd quartile Casper but have great extracurriculars
Wait do you mean interview invite (II) or secondary?

if secondary, same case as yours!! No response yet.

Just received an II, I was shocked to hear from them but excited to interview! Does anyone know the interview format?

just got an interview as well, complete in july and non-CA resident so it was a surprise

I just got an II here! My first one ever. But now I’m looking into the school more and worried about accreditation and residency.

To everyone that has already interviewed, I have a few questions. I just got the interview invitation today and was a bit confused on the FAQ section.

1) Did they actually just post the interview questions online?
2) What does “team-based learning activity” mean? Is it another interview portion or is it similar to the VR simulation activity?

Thank you for your guys’ help!!

To everyone that has already interviewed, I have a few questions. I just got the interview invitation today and was a bit confused on the FAQ section.

1) Did they actually just post the interview questions online?
2) What does “team-based learning activity” mean? Is it another interview portion or is it similar to the VR simulation activity?

Thank you for your guys’ help!!
1) yes. That is intended.
2) Its a sample of the PBL curriculum and how it would run essentially.

I just got an II here! My first one ever. But now I’m looking into the school more and worried about accreditation and residency.
Jw, when were you complete? Sorry don't know much about it's accreditation and residency :(

For those that interviewed, are the 4 questions they posted really all you need to prepare for? or should we be preparing for other questions as well?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else nervous that this school does not have accreditation and no history of residency placement yet?... comparing the experience with the pharmacy school accreditation.
Current OMS1 here.

CHSU is pre-accredited by COCA (accreditation body for DO programs), and there is no history of residency placement because the school accepted its inaugural class last year. We haven’t graduated a class yet, so it’s not temporally possible for us to have a history of residency placement.

From my understanding, the COM is on track to receive full accreditation when the time comes. The pharmacy school had issues though. Rumors are the pharmacy curriculum is fine, but the administration was so poorly run it lost the pharmacy school’s accreditation. The pharmacy admin faculty was completely replaced and the pharm school is going through the re-accreditation process.

The COM and pharmacy admin staff are completely separate and unrelated to each other.

The COM admin staff are excellent, unlike the former pharmacy school admin. As of now, there is no danger of losing COCA accreditation because of bad administration.

My own opinion based on observations: if you want to do a FM residency in the Central Valley, you’re guaranteed to get one if you attend CHSU and are a decent student.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
What were the interviews like in a general sense? They don't do MMI right?
It’s a traditional interview. I believe it was closed-filed as well. It was honestly very laid-back and felt more like a conversation :)

Does anybody know how I can access the Interview FAQ section with the interview schedule and interview questions? I am unable to find the link in my email anymore and cannot seem to find it on the interview web page. Thank you!

Did anyone interview here recently (Dec/Jan)...when did you hear back?

For those that interviewed, are the 4 questions they posted really all you need to prepare for? or should we be preparing for other questions as well?
I can’t seem to find these 4 questions. Help?

This was my very first med school interview experience, so I was very nervous. The staff is nice and they definitely want you to feel comfortable.

Interview questions were provided beforehand, so no surprises. The interview was one on one, and I felt great about my answers, but there seemed to be some really great applicants there. There were 12 of us who participated, and it took the entire three hours
Hi! How did you do? Was there MMI? I thought there’s no MMI but I came across a comment on here that mentioned MMI… now I’m confused.

Hi! How did you do? Was there MMI? I thought there’s no MMI but I came across a comment on here that mentioned MMI… now I’m confused.
Hi! I recently interviewed and wanted to let you know there is no MMI. It's a 20-minute one-on-one interview with a faculty member.

Interviewed on 1/10 and just got the call! Super excited :love:

• Love
Can anyone speak to the Team-based learning exercise during the interview?

There are two "groups" each day (~10 applicants in mine). Tip: get well acquainted with the four questions listed in the FAQ portion of their portal :) I didn't realize the 20min interview was going to be closed (in that your interviewer knows nothing about your application). Also, sounds like after the interview, the Adcom evaluates the whole application. Said it should take around 2ish weeks to hear back. Good luck to everyone!
Hi. I thought they said the interviewer has seen the applicants supplemental? Doesn’t that mean it’s not a “closed” interview?

Oh wow! Congratulations!!! I read somewhere about the TBL being part of the interview session. What was that like?
Hi. I thought they said the interviewer has seen the applicants supplemental? Doesn’t that mean it’s not a “closed” interview?
The TBL portion is not assessed, it's rather to expose us to the formatting! It was very informative.

Also, I'm not sure if it's entirely open or closed but the interviewer only asked the 4 questions listed on the interview portal. There were no additional questions asked.

The TBL portion is not assessed, it's rather to expose us to the formatting! It was very informative.

Also, I'm not sure if it's entirely open or closed but the interviewer only asked the 4 questions listed on the interview portal. There were no additional questions asked.
I read that they will take your photo after you “introduce yourself” … So, that’s just saying your name then smiling in the camera, I assume? Not like the whole “tell me about yourself”. I’m just wondering because the majority of interviews would usually ask the “So, tell me about yourself” question.

And just want to say… I’m excited for you! It must be surreal!!! Congrats again!

This was my very first med school interview experience, so I was very nervous. The staff is nice and they definitely want you to feel comfortable.

Interview questions were provided beforehand, so no surprises. The interview was one on one, and I felt great about my answers, but there seemed to be some really great applicants there. There were 12 of us who participated, and it took the entire three hours
Hi. I’m a little bit confused. It’s a one-on-one 20 minute interview, but how did you know of the other 11 interviewees? Do you get to see each other as a group?