2021-2022 Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine (Henderson, NV) TUNCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any tips or advice for the interview portion?

Members don't see this ad.

Application is now under review.
Hoping I hear news for II within the next month. This is one of my top two choices.

Also this was the email you get when you are under review for anyone wondering.

"Your application is currently under review. Please anticipate four weeks (six to eight weeks during peak periods in the cycle) for the review process prior to receiving official notification of the next decision. You will be notified through email of any application status updates. You do not need to call or email the department for any other status checks during this stage; we will update you as soon as possible."
when did you submit

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying the decision post-interview is being delayed another week, it was supposed to be tomorrow but it's next Thursday now. Getting kind of nervous haha, interviewed 9/13.

Just got an email saying the decision post-interview is being delayed another week, it was supposed to be tomorrow but it's next Thursday now. Getting kind of nervous haha, interviewed 9/13.
+1

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone who already did an interview, any advice??
Know your application well. Relax. Be ready to talk about any experiences mentioned on your application and just be yourself. Also, the camera has to be on the whole time with the exception of the allotted time for breaks. Make sure you have good lighting and are in a distraction-free space.

Know your application well. Relax. Be ready to talk about any experiences mentioned on your application and just be yourself. Also, the camera has to be on the whole time with the exception of the allotted time for breaks. Make sure you have good lighting and are in a distraction-free space.
Will do, thank you so much!!

Got an interview invite today! OOS! Interview on 10/19

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they say how long it will take to hear back?
for 9/13 I believe decisions will go out tomorrow and for 10/06 the decisions go out on the 28th unless postponed.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how often they interview?

Got the waitlist email today, interviewed on 10/06. Hopefully, there is some movement, this is definitely one of my top choices.

Completed my interview yesterday, October 19, and was told I'd hear back on October 28. OOS

• Care
Hey y'all! I got an email from this school back on August 20th saying that my supplemental application has been received and is under review. They said to anticipate 6-8 weeks to get an official notification from this campus regarding the status of my application for an interview. It's been more than 8 weeks now :( should I just take this as a silent R? Thanks!

Any tips or advice for the interview portion?

Unless the interview format has changed since last year, it's only 20 minutes long and very straight forward so come with your elevator pitch and talking points on your greatest hits. I was asked very basic questions, why medicine, why Touro etc.

Waitlisted, interviewed 10/19

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my secondary on 9/19, I haven't heard anything since. I saw that they send a under-review email, which I haven't received yet.

I submitted my secondary on 9/19, I haven't heard anything since. I saw that they send a under-review email, which I haven't received yet.
Nevermind, I just received an email that my app is being reviewed!

Is the “your app is being prepared for review” email same as the under review email? Mine also says a 6-8 week turnaround time, not a 4-6 week

Is the “your app is being prepared for review” email same as the under review email? Mine also says a 6-8 week turnaround time, not a 4-6 week
I believe its "prepared for review" -> "under review" -> "final review" (though not always final review if rejected or held?)

I just received an II for this school! OOS, complete 8/30. Marked under review 10/28.

How long did it take to go from being prepared for review to under review for those who got IIs?

How long did it take to go from being prepared for review to under review for those who got IIs?
Prepared for review on 8/30, Application under Review 10/28, II on 11/3.

I just got an email from TUN that they received my supplemental application and that it will take 6-8 weeks for an update regarding an interview. Looks like they’re still a month or two behind on the secondaries, so if you have been left on read since you submitted, don’t panic!

11/4: final review, 11/17: Interview waitlist. How likely are chances to get off the pre-interview waitlist?