Mt. Sinai HuMed 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's exactly what she told me. I called a little earlier today. Also, it doesn't sound like ANY interview invites have been sent out yet!!
 
I am grateful that we all finally agree that no interview invites have been sent out yet! People like Lou just suck and ruin things for everyone else.
I hope everyone is doing alright post hurricane..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yup. Totally understandable that things will be delayed. An interview invite is such a minor thing compared to the unbelievable devastation and loss of life.
 
Also haven't heard anything; I hope everyone in this thread got through the hurricane without any casualties!
 
Received interview invite today, applied on the deadline (October 1st? I think it was).

Good luck to everybody. What an amazing opportunity.
 
Hi ehp256,

I just came from classes today and found an email in my inbox, a miracle. It was send around noon I think, for an interview right at the end of the month.
Good luck.
 
My email was sent around 10am this morning, so excited to interview! I submitted my app late September, so I don't think it matters what order you submit your application in. It's not 100% rolling admissions like some here have believed.

Good luck everyone! 🙂
 
Last edited:
Crossing my fingers I hear this week! I have no idea about flights-I'd imagine the school expects you to pay for airfare. To save some money, look at hotels in Jersey and commute in for an interview. That might help...
 
My email was sent around 10am this morning, also for an interview at the end of the month! I submitted my app about a week after the deadline, so I don't think it matters what order you submit your application in. It's not 100% rolling admissions like some here have believed.

Does anyone know you have to pay for your flight out of pocket?
Good luck everyone! 🙂

Contact the admissions office for travel expenses, they may (though highly unlikely) be able to assist. Be sure to stay overnight with a med student at MSSM (as outlined in the interview invitation) to save on the hotel cost.
 
Hi Sunrain,

Congratulations! Maybe we will see each other on interview day. I imagine the applicants would all be spooked on that day. Regarding flights and things, consider this an investment--- this is only one school, and so much better than applying as a senior to 15 or so schools. My friend paid about 5000 applying to med schools last year!!!

Congrats again, and I hope the other people get their invites this week too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Sunrain,

Congratulations! Maybe we will see each other on interview day. I imagine the applicants would all be spooked on that day. Regarding flights and things, consider this an investment--- this is only one school, and so much better than applying as a senior to 15 or so schools. My friend paid about 5000 applying to med schools last year!!!

Congrats again, and I hope the other people get their invites this week too.

I totally get that, but for me it's a matter of physically having the money to pay for a train.

And to everyone still waiting--check your spam inbox as well! Mine got sent to spam (thank goodness I check my inbox and spam folder!)

Hopefully we all hear back soon!
 
Last edited:
sunrain, when I interviewed just last week, there were a few out of towers, one from as far as CalTech in California. From what I heard, they all paid their own way. That does not mean Sinai will not reimburse, and it can not hurt to at least ask if they will give you back some of the cost. Good Luck. Lou.
 
sunrain, when I interviewed just last week, there were a few out of towers, one from as far as CalTech in California. From what I heard, they all paid their own way. That does not mean Sinai will not reimburse, and it can not hurt to at least ask if they will give you back some of the cost. Good Luck. Lou.

Lou, please leave. You did not apply to this program and are a troll. You probably aren't even interested in medicine (at least I hope you aren't because I would hate to be under your care as you clearly do not take the feelings and concerns of others into account). No interviews have occurred yet as invites went out today so I don't know how you interviewed last week! Please enlighten me. 🙂
 
What? Allow me to disabuse. Yes, interested. Yes, interviewed. Yes, I thought you were the one I sent a copy of the email to. Under your care, if you become a competent physician, then yes. Went out this week only? Sorry, they went out before. But then again, you probably believe the posters from Duke and I think somewhere in the midwest who posted last week were also not being honest. Seriously, let's not waste time here. We all want the same result. Just stop the nonsense. Have a drink - or better yet - get laid. If this (or that) does not enlighten you, nothing can. No offense intended. Just chill, relax, and have a drink bud. It's no big deal. The interview starts with something like we only take about 1/3 of those who we interview. That is not an acceptance. Anyway, good luck and success at your interview. (Review the packet they give you when waiting with the others for the interview, as there is a lot of Mount Sinai info in there that they asked me about.) Lou.
 
not trying to add fuel to the fire, but we had a hurricane in nyc last week. downtown was evacuated, there was no mass transit, parts of the city lost power for a week. was mount sinai really holding interviews with all of this going on? just saying..
 
If anyone says they had an interview last week, I would be suspect. Uptown was not hit hard, but most of downtown lost power. I was there the week before and interviews were done on 2 days that week (according to the woman who set it up).
 
Also does anyone know what the closest airport to Sinai is? The website just lists JFK, LGA, and Newark. But which would be cheapest/closest, any native New Yorkers out there?
 
hokay, so there's no airports in manhattan. la guardia and jfk are in other boroughs, so you're looking at cab ride to get you to manhattan. newark airport, i believe, but don't quote me on this, has nj transit has air tran service that will get you to nyc in through penn station.

manhattan itself is kind of a maze- take a look at where you want to stay and what subway lines run near there. nyc subway fare is $2.25 a ride and will get you anywhere in the five boroughs, even with train transfers. the 4/5/6 subway line runs up to the upper east side, so that's the closest you'll get to east 98th st.

take a look at amtrak- not sure where you're commuting from, but you may be able to take the train to manhattan that way; it's not much cheaper than airfare, but may be direct into nyc.

how confused are you now? let me know if i can clarify.
 
All are close - JFK is probably the cheapest. Then take a cab or you can connect to a NYC Subway which will leave you off a few avenue blocks away.
 
What? Allow me to disabuse. Yes, interested. Yes, interviewed. Yes, I thought you were the one I sent a copy of the email to. Under your care, if you become a competent physician, then yes. Went out this week only? Sorry, they went out before. But then again, you probably believe the posters from Duke and I think somewhere in the midwest who posted last week were also not being honest. Seriously, let's not waste time here. We all want the same result. Just stop the nonsense. Have a drink - or better yet - get laid. If this (or that) does not enlighten you, nothing can. No offense intended. Just chill, relax, and have a drink bud. It's no big deal. The interview starts with something like we only take about 1/3 of those who we interview. That is not an acceptance. Anyway, good luck and success at your interview. (Review the packet they give you when waiting with the others for the interview, as there is a lot of Mount Sinai info in there that they asked me about.) Lou.

I do not believe anyone who has said they went for an interview already or received an invite before today. The difference between you and the other posters is that they stopped. I know for a fact that invites were first sent out today. Note how the admissions office said that they would go out the next week (multiple people said that). You are the one wasting everyone's time. No offense taken but you should just stop the nonsense.
Also, due to the hurricane they postponed sending out invites so I do not think they held interviews. Sorry Lou. Too much doubt in your story, man.
 
I totally get that, but for me it's a matter of physically having the money to pay a flight/train with at this current time, especially since I am really far away from Sinai.

And to everyone still waiting--check your spam inbox as well! Mine got sent to spam (thank goodness I check my inbox and spam folder!)

Hopefully we all hear back soon!

I want to reiterate what Sunrain said here---after reading this message I checked my spam inbox and found an interview invite. I highly recommend that everyone else check as well.
 
I think we all understand that NO interviews have started yet. Obviously, the hurricane has set everything off schedule. Lou, honestly, I don't know if you are a troll or not, I really don't care. All I know is, Sinai was affected by this storm because on the news the CEO was addressing the issues of taking in patients from other hospitals in NY. I even called the school, and they said the invites would be sent out the EARLIEST this week. If invites went out, great! Let's not get worked up over trolls, they are not worth it!! I am hoping for the best, staying positive, and wishing everyone good luck! Also, my heart goes out to everyone on the east coast who have been affected by this storm.
 
I want to reiterate what Sunrain said here---after reading this message I checked my spam inbox and found an interview invite. I highly recommend that everyone else check as well.

I'm happy you found an invite! Thanks everyone for the advice about the airports.
 
I'm happy you found an invite! Thanks everyone for the advice about the airports.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. If you have any additional questions (or if anyone else does for that matter) about navigating into and around the city please don't hesitate to ask. I live close to Sinai.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all. Just decided to look at this forum again.
I don't know how they do it or what the order is, but they definitely did send out email invites as long as about 2 weeks ago. I got one and it did not go to the spam folder. For what it is worth, my sense is that they send some out every week, but probably not last week with what happened in NYC. I have a parent who works at the hospital and even though it was open, the whole center was overloaded with the storm and excess patients from around the city. Blessings from the IL, where most everybody is still celebrating the Obama victory.
 
Hey all. Just decided to look at this forum again.
I don't know how they do it or what the order is, but they definitely did send out email invites as long as about 2 weeks ago. I got one and it did not go to the spam folder. For what it is worth, my sense is that they send some out every week, but probably not last week with what happened in NYC. I have a parent who works at the hospital and even though it was open, the whole center was overloaded with the storm and excess patients from around the city. Blessings from the IL, where most everybody is still celebrating the Obama victory.

False. People, please do not believe posts that say anything about invites from weeks ago or already having one. It has been verified that invites were sent out for the first time yesterday.
 
It's pretty obvious from their styles of writing and their ridiculous references to the places that they are pretending to be from that windycity92 and LGrasso are the same person. He/She is probably just upset from being rejected in a previous admissions cycle.
 
Congrats to everyone with an invite. Do you mind if I ask if the email was from EMBARK or from another email? I'm super scared that if I'm lucky enough to get an invite it'll go to my spam folder unnoticed....
 
Any body else hear anything? I was complete on the fifth of September and still havent heard a word.... Damn it Sinai just reject me already LOL. Hope you guys are all doing well, I got finals, YAY trimester system🙁
 
I was complete on September 10th. No word here either. I might call on Monday and see if more invites will go out at some point.

I'm pretty bummed that I haven't yet heard, but I don't want to give up hope.
 
Don't worry. I called the school last Wednesday. They said that they are not done sending out invites! They still have plenty more to send out. The lady also reiterated that the hurricane has set them off schedule. So don't worry. More will be coming out soon. Also, I think the school might be closed on Monday for Veteran's Day!! The earliest we will get an email now will be on Tuesday. Just be patient and try to relax and think positively. Best of luck to everyone waiting and congratulations to those who have received invites!
 
still waiting...crossing my fingers for this week! NYU breaks for thanksgiving next week, and after that it seems a little too late...hmmph...does anyone know if those rejected get a reject email?
 
still waiting...crossing my fingers for this week! NYU breaks for thanksgiving next week, and after that it seems a little too late...hmmph...does anyone know if those rejected get a reject email?
Still waiting too :/
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that students get a rejection email
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.