You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Mt. Sinai HuMed 2012
Started by Spanishdoc2019
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So those who have not gotten anything have to wait till 12/5.....? or are they saying that they will continue sending out interviews periodically until that date...? Must say that although I am not familiar with medical school admissions yet, there way of informing applicants does not seem appropriate.
Will they give status updates over the phone?
They told me that most interview invites have been sent out, and there are only a few left to send. They said that rejection letters will be going out this week and next week.
My hopes are officially severely diminished. I honestly had high hopes for an interview invite, but I guess they are interested in something I don't have. Good luck to everyone who is advancing!
My hopes are officially severely diminished. I honestly had high hopes for an interview invite, but I guess they are interested in something I don't have. Good luck to everyone who is advancing!
i called and got "the last batch of interview requests are going out the end of this week or the beginning of next week."
hmm...
Weird. Her response to me sounded much more pessimistic.
what i find weird is everyone who calls gets a different answer.
At least they are not entirely contradictory. As of now I understand that the rest of the interview invites and rejections go out tomorrow or Friday and before Thanksgiving. The latest possible date to hear back is the 5th of December if they put you on hold.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is how I feel
Last edited:
Hey you guys I also called today and was told that interview invites would be sent out weekly until the first week of December. I specifically asked about when interview invites would be sent as well....it's very weird that those of us who have called have gotten different answers.
Also, they don't have travel grants/subsidize flights in case anyone else wanted to know!
Also, they don't have travel grants/subsidize flights in case anyone else wanted to know!
ya so weird, just got off the phone and she said they would start sending rejection letters next week. gah, so much inconsistency! back at square one of not knowing smack
This is so strange. They very clearly told me that the majority of invites have been sent, and only a few more are going out, and they would be sent by next week along with rejections. No mention of December.
Don't forget that they have several other application processes going on right now. I would not want their job. I'll sit patiently and wait for the rejection letter.
such a pessimist.
in mount sinai news: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-15/carl-icahn-to-give-200-million-to-mount-sinai-school
i wish my grandpa was carl icahn.
in mount sinai news: http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-15/carl-icahn-to-give-200-million-to-mount-sinai-school
i wish my grandpa was carl icahn.
M
Member198
out of curiosity, has anyone received an email invite this week??? (it sounds like they're sending invites in weekly waves, and if no one's heard yet this week, I'd bet that tomorrow's another invite day...)
out of curiosity, has anyone received an email invite this week??? (it sounds like they're sending invites in weekly waves, and if no one's heard yet this week, I'd bet that tomorrow's another invite day...)
I received an interview invite this week. I got one in my inbox on Wed. the 14th at around 1:30.
Best of luck everyone. Don't lose hope.
I received an interview invite this week. I got one in my inbox on Wed. the 14th at around 1:30.
Best of luck everyone. Don't lose hope.
Congrats! When is your interview date? Is it Dec 6th?
just called and today is the last day they said they will be sending out interview invites. congrats to everyone and good luck!
just called and today is the last day they said they will be sending out interview invites. congrats to everyone and good luck!
Wow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got the rejection email. I'm sufficiently bummed. Good luck to everyone else!
I'm a reject too! Still love the school though and will reapply for regular admission.
rejected. Great school will apply again in the future, though the way they handled decisions left a bad taste in my mouth. Oh well, I got finals tomorrow, so DGAF. Best of luck to all that were accepted.
How many people applied total this year? last year?
What about interview numbers?
What about interview numbers?
A lot applied last year, more applied this year and very few got II's either year.
Hey guys. First off, congrats to all those who got an invite! To those who didn't, you're still awesome in my book...you're humanities peeps, after all!
I was just wondering if any of you, invite or not, would be willing to post a quick thing about your stats/qualifications...I know it would definitely help me and all the other freshmen who are thinking about shooting for HuMed!
I was just wondering if any of you, invite or not, would be willing to post a quick thing about your stats/qualifications...I know it would definitely help me and all the other freshmen who are thinking about shooting for HuMed!
Hey guys. First off, congrats to all those who got an invite! To those who didn't, you're still awesome in my book...you're humanities peeps, after all!
I was just wondering if any of you, invite or not, would be willing to post a quick thing about your stats/qualifications...I know it would definitely help me and all the other freshmen who are thinking about shooting for HuMed!
No invite.
>3.95 GPA in both high school and college. 33 ACT. Small, not well recognised LAC not on east coast. No connections to Sinai. Great LORs, I think.
>500 hours hospital volunteering, >200 hours shadowing, nationally published poet, heavy theatre involvement, founder of artistic nonprofit to benefit hospital, cancer research, wrote and designed a statewide published informational booklet for kids about safety, non clinical teaching volunteering, leadership position in health at my university.
Good luck next year!
Congrats! When is your interview date? Is it Dec 6th?
No, my interview is on Tuesday, December 4th!
No invite. Stats must not have mattered. At least i'm not bitter. Lol!
A lot applied last year, more applied this year and very few got II's either year.
I think they also gave fewer invites because of the SciMed program, which has reduced the number of humeds that will be accepted. I think there are only 2 interview dates this year? Maybe 3?
Actually, it turns out that there are at least 4 interview dates, all within 2 weeks of each other. I think it is the same as last year more or less.
Last edited:
M
Member198
Hey guys. First off, congrats to all those who got an invite! To those who didn't, you're still awesome in my book...you're humanities peeps, after all!
I was just wondering if any of you, invite or not, would be willing to post a quick thing about your stats/qualifications...I know it would definitely help me and all the other freshmen who are thinking about shooting for HuMed!
to whoever posted this message - honestly, I'm not sure that HuMed is worth the $105 application fee. I go to a top-caliber (HYP) university, which has historically sent a LOT of kids to HuMed, but this year, neither myself nor 4 other exceptionally-qualified people I knew who applied received interview invites. not to be obnoxious, but we have some of the best on-paper "stats" and "qualifications" in the country. it seems to me like HuMed is this great, big shot-in-the-dark; MSSM is frustratingly vague about what they're looking for, and the admissions process in general, which SUCKS. had I known all this before I applied, I probably would have spent the $105 otherwise...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if we need to bring a resume to the interview?
Nope, that does not apply for medical schools, especially a program like this. Best of luck! Just bring yourself and you will do great. Remember, they already invited you for an interview so they like you.
to whoever posted this message - honestly, I'm not sure that HuMed is worth the $105 application fee. I go to a top-caliber (HYP) university, which has historically sent a LOT of kids to HuMed, but this year, neither myself nor 4 other exceptionally-qualified people I knew who applied received interview invites. not to be obnoxious, but we have some of the best on-paper "stats" and "qualifications" in the country. it seems to me like HuMed is this great, big shot-in-the-dark; MSSM is frustratingly vague about what they're looking for, and the admissions process in general, which SUCKS. had I known all this before I applied, I probably would have spent the $105 otherwise...
That doesn't seem like a very fair statement... They clearly state that they are primarily looking for candidates that are involved in interesting and diverse ECs that are atypical of the regular premed curriculum. It seems pretty obvious from looking at their site that they are looking for more than just stats. They do a lot to weed out people that are just trying to avoid taking the MCAT and aren't genuinely interested in non-science based fields.
Does anyone know if we need to bring a resume to the interview?
The interviews are open application, so they will have the resume you submitted on file. Nobody will ask to see your resume when you interview.
General info for this year:
510 applied
around 100 interview invites
25 ultimately accepted
Wow....
So they cut 10 spots from last year?
Last edited:
- Status
- Not open for further replies.