2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Accepted! Interviewed 10/24

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was placed on hold here as well. How is the movement on the hold list?

Does anybody know if CMS is gay-friendly?
I can tell you that we have an active LGBT group, and I know of absolutely no issues whatsoever. I have friends here who are LGBT, and nobody really cares. Furthermore, there was an entire section in our "Guide to Chicagoland" (a guide to the local area with restaurants, bars, attractions, etc) with an entire section for LGBT students. Hopefully, that eases any worries. If not, feel free to PM me.
As for those who have been accepted, I can't wait to see you next year!
For those who are waiting, same goes for you guys!
For those who have been rejected, I am really sorry, and hopefully you reapply next year!

interviewed on 10/31, accepted yesterday :)

hope all you U of I and California folks got accepted too

1. Congrats to all the recent acceptances! :hardy:
2. Can anybody help me out? I was lucky enough to receive my first 2 acceptances this week, and I have an interview scheduled (but no flight booked) at Rosalind Franklin in two weeks (during finals... :(). I like both the schools I've been accepted at, and have withdrawn from some other interviews, but I don't know what to do about RFU. I know no one can decide this for me, but can anyone who has interviewed share their favorite parts of the school? I would be eternally grateful :D

I can tell you that we have an active LGBT group, and I know of absolutely no issues whatsoever. I have friends here who are LGBT, and nobody really cares. Furthermore, there was an entire section in our "Guide to Chicagoland" (a guide to the local area with restaurants, bars, attractions, etc) with an entire section for LGBT students.
Thanks for the reply!! I used to live in Chicago but the far north side stuck me as pretty conservative. An on-campus LGBT group is sweet, although their website hasn't been updated since 2004. Oh well I can always go down to the gayhoods. :D

Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing that RFU needs to update the website on their LGBT page. I'm interviewing for podiatry in December and was wondering how the "gay scene" was around campus etc..

Hi!

I know it is really late to be completing the secondary right now but the deadline is Dec 1st, and the game ain't over till its over!

I was wondering though for the secondary, approximately how long were some of your answers for the short essays in words or characters with spaces? It seems like there is no limit to the answer length.

Thanks in advance!

Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing that RFU needs to update the website on their LGBT page. I'm interviewing for podiatry in December and was wondering how the "gay scene" was around campus etc..
I'll gladly update the site and vitalize the gay scene if I get admitted.:laugh:

I was wondering though for the secondary, approximately how long were some of your answers for the short essays in words or characters with spaces? It seems like there is no limit to the answer length.

Thanks in advance!

350 words seemed to be the typical essay length at other schools, or about 3 paragraphs. That's what I did for the first question.

The second question said "briefly," so I only sent in two paragraphs. I believe I searched both their website and google for the key phrase they want you to talk about. That gave me some ideas.

Question three, I believe I answered that with four capital letters. :laugh:

Result: interviewed / accepted

Members don't see this ad :)
r1d1 if we both get accepted it will be our mission to vitalize the scene!:thumbup: They won't know what hit them!

What schools are you guys talking about that require supplemental applications. I know AZPOD does correct? Also, when do they ask you to do them and are there any schools that make you write essays at day of interview etc... I thought I read somewhere that a school made you write an essay to a prompt.

Accepted on 11/23 and promptly sent in my letter that I will not be going there. I hope that opens up a spot for one of you guys!

I entered screening on 9/14, and have not heard from CMS since. I sent an e-mail inquiring about my status and this is what they sent back to me:

"Thank you for contacting our office about your status. You are in the screening process. Once you finish the screening process we will send you a confirmation email. After that you will be placed in a pool of applicant who can at any time be sent an interview invitation. Our interview season is from September through April."

This gives me the impression that 1. everyone is initally pooled or 2. s/he can see that I will be pooled, which is why it was mentioned? Kind of confused about this. Thoughts??

I entered screening on 9/14, and have not heard from CMS since. I sent an e-mail inquiring about my status and this is what they sent back to me:

"Thank you for contacting our office about your status. You are in the screening process. Once you finish the screening process we will send you a confirmation email. After that you will be placed in a pool of applicant who can at any time be sent an interview invitation. Our interview season is from September through April."

This gives me the impression that 1. everyone is initally pooled or 2. s/he can see that I will be pooled, which is why it was mentioned? Kind of confused about this. Thoughts??

Wow, that is exactly the same situation I'm in. I entered screening on the same day, and sent an e-mail about my status. I got the exact same response, I think that was almost two weeks ago. I'm hoping that it's actually #2, but I'm guessing that's the generic e-mail response. I might give them a call to see what's going on though.

Small pooled since 11/2..looking at this thread, it takes about 1 month for them to answer. Can anyone confirm that?
Thank you!

Wow, that is exactly the same situation I'm in. I entered screening on the same day, and sent an e-mail about my status. I got the exact same response, I think that was almost two weeks ago. I'm hoping that it's actually #2, but I'm guessing that's the generic e-mail response. I might give them a call to see what's going on though.

Hmm... Interesting. I e-mailed them on Nov. 7th and they responded on the 8th with that message. I figured it was pretty generic, but it seems strange (ie. not cool) that they would send everyone that e-mail saying they will be pooled when they actually reject some people pre-pool. I did call them recently and the woman I spoke to (very nice, btw!) did confirm that I'm still in screening. I didn't mention the e-mail because I didn't want to seem like a CMS stalker. haha :cool: She said that I should probably be finished with the screening soon. Who knows why it's taken us so long?! Hopefully it's not a bad thing though... Let me know if you call/ed and heard anything as well!

Small pooled since 11/2..looking at this thread, it takes about 1 month for them to answer. Can anyone confirm that?
Thank you!

I was small pooled on 9/13 and still haven't heard anything back. The average may be a month but it's taking a lot longer on my app.

I've been small pooled since early/mid October so it's been over a month for me too.

Thank you!

I've been sitting in the pool since 8/26... Commmaaan CMS show me some love.

I've been in the screening process since October 6th... almost two months now. Anyone in the same boat?

I've been in the screening process since October 6th... almost two months now. Anyone in the same boat?

Scroll up a little. I entered screening 9/14 and haven't heard a thing! :scared:

Small pooled in July. I've called several times and they say I'm under review still butttt...pretty sure I'm drowning in the pool at this point. :(

What is the waitlist movement like at RFU?

I've been pooled since 10/25, but not a single word after that point on. Did anyone get rejected post-pool yet? I feel like the school's keeping bunch of applicants in a limbo...and it sure is not a good feeling.

finally got pooled today, does anyone know if they accept update letters from pooled applicants

Working on the supp app, which is probably really late anyway, but it won't hurt to just finish it especially since I already paid the application fee.

So my question is: Due by Dec. 1, 2011 means due tonight at midnight, or tomorrow on dec. 1 at 11:59pm?

Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Working on the supp app, which is probably really late anyway, but it won't hurt to just finish it especially since I already paid the application fee.

So my question is: Due by Dec. 1, 2011 means due tonight at midnight, or tomorrow on dec. 1 at 11:59pm?

I'd guess 11:59pm Dec. 1.

As per the School:

"Dear Prospective Student;

Thank you for initiating your application for admission to The Chicago Medical School. The Supplemental Application, including letters of recommendation, must be received by 12:00 am central time on December 1, 2011.

A complete file consists of:
(1) Verified AMCAS Application
(2) Completed Supplemental Application and Fee
(3) Letters of Recommendation
(4) MCAT Score from 2009, 2010 or 2011 (September 2011 test is last test accepted)

If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact us at [email protected]. Please do not call, as questions regarding the status of your application will only be answered via e-mail.

Sincerely,

The CMS Admissions Office"

Take that as you will :)

denied like rejected from the school or denied like they didn't accept your letter?

I was marked completed 11/28. Looking forward to entering screening :D

As per the School:

"Dear Prospective Student;

Thank you for initiating your application for admission to The Chicago Medical School. The Supplemental Application, including letters of recommendation, must be received by 12:00 am central time on December 1, 2011.

A complete file consists of:
(1) Verified AMCAS Application
(2) Completed Supplemental Application and Fee
(3) Letters of Recommendation
(4) MCAT Score from 2009, 2010 or 2011 (September 2011 test is last test accepted)

If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact us at [email protected]. Please do not call, as questions regarding the status of your application will only be answered via e-mail.

Sincerely,

The CMS Admissions Office"

Take that as you will :)

Thank you very much!! Just to confirm, that would mean midnight tonight as in 2hrs and 15 min.s, right?

I'd guess 11:59pm Dec. 1.

That's what I originally thought! It seems it's tonight..

350 words seemed to be the typical essay length at other schools, or about 3 paragraphs. That's what I did for the first question.

The second question said "briefly," so I only sent in two paragraphs. I believe I searched both their website and google for the key phrase they want you to talk about. That gave me some ideas.

Question three, I believe I answered that with four capital letters. :laugh:

Result: interviewed / accepted
How did you google that? You're making me freak out a bit that I answered it wrong!

How did you google that? You're making me freak out a bit that I answered it wrong!

Interprofessional environment? Well, the first link is this thread, ironically. The second link, while dead, can be googled and it brings up the original article. The youtube video was informative, as well as some of the other links.

As long as your touch on the idea of many professions working together for the benefit of the patient (nurse, doctor, PA, pharm, podiatrist, etc) as opposed to independently working for the benefit of their own specialty, I'm sure you will be fine.

Has anyone received the "you have passed primary screening" email more than once?? I received the first email November 8th and the second email today... They are exactly identical... What does this mean?!

Has anyone received the "you have passed primary screening" email more than once?? I received the first email November 8th and the second email today... They are exactly identical... What does this mean?!
When were u marked complete?

October 6th...?? I sent them an email to clarify. Just wondering if anyone has had the same experience...
I completed before you did, but I haven't received the screening email. :oops: Was told on the phone to wait patiently.

I completed before you did, but I haven't received the screening email. :oops: Was told on the phone to wait patiently.

I was complete 11/30 and I thought you immediately enter screening but, I guess not as I haven't received the email either

We are later applicants, so at this point I feel like it will take us longer to get through

Just entered the pool today, seems kind of late!

I hope there is still a chance:xf::xf:

Status
Not open for further replies.