2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an interview coming up here in the next month or so and was wondering what everyone's experiences with this school were like. Any pro's and con's, and what are the interviews like? Thanks in advance!!

Members don't see this ad.

i've been small pooled for 3 months now and still no word...should I be worried? I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and that did nothing. Anyone know if they're open to update or interest letters?

i've been small pooled for 3 months now and still no word...should I be worried? I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and that did nothing. Anyone know if they're open to update or interest letters?

I called the office and was told specifically no updates before interview invitation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew my acceptance today! Someone snatch it up!

thank you for the info. patience is a virtue but i don't have it anymore after waiting for 3 months

thank you for the info. patience is a virtue but i don't have it anymore after waiting for 3 months

I'm in the same boat. Seems like they small-pool a bunch of people without giving them an II...

Well, I would say you're all doing well if you're pooled and still in the running. I entered screening Nov. 15 and was rejected by email today. I'm in state too, rough day.

Well, I would say you're all doing well if you're pooled and still in the running. I entered screening Nov. 15 and was rejected by email today. I'm in state too, rough day.

Do you mind sharing your stats, completion date, etc?
Also, to confirm, you were rejected pre-interview?

Hopefully people getting pooled will get those interview invites. It's been a while for the interviews invites. :xf:

Complete: Oct.11. Entered Screening Nov.15.
30Q undergradGPA: 3.0 mastersGPA:4.0
Rejected Pre-Interview IS

app complete Oct 5th
Primary screening: Nov 15th
Small pooled today Dec 13th

28O, 29 composite, 3.55, great EC's, OOS, do I stand a chance?

Hopefully people getting pooled will get those interview invites. It's been a while for the interviews invites. :xf:

Yeah, I'm ready to get out of the pool. Hopefully some invites go out soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
app complete Oct 5th
Primary screening: Nov 15th
Small pooled today Dec 13th

28O, 29 composite, 3.55, great EC's, OOS, do I stand a chance?

You had very near the stats as me, though i was 4 years out of school... but I got in. don't give up.

and for those of you thinking it's bad that you haven't heard anything... remember they will continue to small pool and invite people for interviews well into late spring. so it aint over til its over. :)

Just got the email 20 minutes ago!!

Interviewed mid-October, placed on hold in November.

Last edited:
just got the acceptance by email! so excited!

I'm a be a doctor. Interviewed on 30th of Nov. Just got accepted today at 3.30ish by e-mail... :soexcited:

Accepted after being put on hold for 2 months!! This just shows that those of us with low stats can make it if we keep trying! (MCAT < 30, average GPA, average ECs). Good luck to everyone in the pool! Don't give up hope!

Accepted as well, acceptance sent in the batch with all the others. Congrats everyone. I posted earlier about how I was on hold here for the past two months after interviewing in September and I also got some messages from people in the same boat. To those people... I did nothing but wait. That's after reading about people asking for status updates and getting no response on here and also from my med advisor saying that it was better not to contact lest they send a rejection letter instead. She also said that was the case only if I didn't have something significant to add, like that between the time of my interview I spent two months as a medical volunteer in Botswana (I didn't).

So that being said, good luck to everyone! Patience!

Congrats on the acceptances everyone! I hope they send out another batch of invites soon after the holidays :)

Entered screening : Nov 15

Got small pooled today, now to wait, congrats to all those who got accepted so far!

Hope that they start sending interview invites! :xf:

Been bobbing in this pool since 10/2... OOS 30 O, c3.93, sc3.95. WHY DO THEY HATE ME?! I wish all of the schools had our wittle anxious feelings in mind =P

Small pooled today! Finally the radio silence has been broken :)

IS (down, down, down state...)
App complete 10/24/11
Entered screening 11/15/11
Pooled 1/4/12

Email came at 4:15pm CST if anyone's wondering

Small pooled today! Finally the radio silence has been broken :)

IS (down, down, down state...)
App complete 10/24/11
Entered screening 11/15/11
Pooled 1/4/12

Email came at 4:15pm CST if anyone's wondering

Thank you for the hope...Similar dates, but no pool yet!

Just got pooled...woot woot! :thumbup:

Submitted secondary (10/16)
Entered screening process (11/14)
Pooled (1/3)

Just got pooled...woot woot! :thumbup:

Submitted secondary (10/16)
Entered screening process (11/14)
Pooled (1/3)

Can anybody shed some light on what this means? I emailed them but they haven't answered me, and it basically sounds like I'm in the same boat as I was before, except now I'm in some specific "pool" as opposed to the main applicant pool....

Can anybody shed some light on what this means? I emailed them but they haven't answered me, and it basically sounds like I'm in the same boat as I was before, except now I'm in some specific "pool" as opposed to the main applicant pool....

No one really knows.

Last edited:

RFU "small-pools" applicants that they might potentially invite for an interview. If you pass their primary screening, they liked your application enough and you met certain minimum standards. Next step forward from small pool is an interview. However, I believe that many applicants get pooled, so it's not an accurate representation of whether you will get an interview or not. Though, there is a chance. Good luck :thumbup:

I have been complete since August with NO news. Still no interview invite. Does anyone know if they send out pre-interview rejections or are they just stringing me along for a "silent" rejection?
Thanks.

I have been complete since August with NO news. Still no interview invite. Does anyone know if they send out pre-interview rejections or are they just stringing me along for a "silent" rejection?
Thanks.

When were you pooled?

Got small pooled a few days ago..How slow is this?? Good thing I have already been accepted into my state school otherwise I would be losing my mind...:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Small pooled 8/26 and no word yet....

when was the last time interview invites went out? It's been a while, no? :confused:

For those of you who have been accepted, and for those of you who will be accepted in the future (don't worry, still LOTS of time), I would urge you guys to look at the different apartment options in the area. There are student dorms which are actually very nice, and there is an apartment complex that is basically attached to campus (The Woodlands), which can be very loud and isn't that nice of a place (feel free to check out the online reviews).
There are also some apartment complexes about 10 minutes from campus called Forest Pointe. This is where my wife and I live. It is a really nice place, close to campus but far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet. The price is very agreeable, and the service is wonderful. If anyone is interested, you can PM me and we can set it up so that I can refer you and we can split the referral reward.

I interviewed mid-Oct and have been placed on hold starting at the end of November. I just receive another hold email this morning. Is anyone else in this position? and does anyone think it would be helpful to submit a Letter of intent or update my information? I don't actually have that many significant things to update though....just that I started to volunteer at the hospital again...-__-

This is driving me crazy because I'd really love to attend the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.