2011-2012 Rosalind Franklin Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you didn't pee in the pool. It's small. And has a huge number of people in it.

Not only does this thread make me feel better about having been in the pool for months now, but it gave me a good laugh. Truth

Members don't see this ad.

I think after they have firmly rejected me I might respond with the feedback that they should drop the small and just say that we are "pooled". I think this will be help people (like me) keep their expectations in check.

I hope you didn't pee in the pool. It's small. And has a huge number of people in it.

:laugh:

I feel as if I'm in the deep end, while my floaties are deflating and there's no lifeguard on duty.

Members don't see this ad :)
sad+swimmer.jpg

Pretty much where I am at.

sad+swimmer.jpg

Pretty much where I am at.

D'awwwww. It's okay, seems that we're both in the same situation at a few schools. We can stick together :). If you start to drown, don't worry, I was on a swim team and I'm a lifeguard. :D

D'awwwww. It's okay, seems that we're both in the same situation at a few schools. We can stick together :). If you start to drown, don't worry, I was on a swim team and I'm a lifeguard. :D

I like how you keep popping up where I am! Thanks for the offer - I was that kid who almost drowned in the pool... like 3 times. I would get super excited and just jump in even with all my clothes on. Everyone loves the escapee - death wish child right?

(Just for some perspective, I was like 2 when these incidences occured)

I think after they have firmly rejected me I might respond with the feedback that they should drop the small and just say that we are "pooled". I think this will be help people (like me) keep their expectations in check.

:laugh:

Sorry to hear about it. Did they send you an email or snail mail?

This school thread has the warmest and most pleasant attitude of all that I frequent. When I interviewed at RF every single interviewee was exactly the same way. There never seemed to be that silent competition in the air like at other schools. Hopefully they interview you guys because I think you'd all be great fits for RF is looking for!

Sorry to hear about it. Did they send you an email or snail mail?

Haven't been rejected yet (just anticipating it). I will be sure to post how it comes, when it comes.

Good luck with your apps!

Been in the small pool since late August. Is it time to move on ya think?

Haven't been rejected yet (just anticipating it). I will be sure to post how it comes, when it comes.

Good luck with your apps!

Hang on, don't give up yet. You never know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I keep getting email invites for their second look day, and they all keep saying RSVP RSVP!!!

I will not be able to attend the event due to prior commitments, but when I go to their RSVP webpage I can't find any option to decline the invitation.

I'm so confused. :confused:

Has anyone who have interviewed and then been put on hold been accepted? Or it is likely that the individuals on hold wont be accepted until May/June even though they are reviewed monthly?

From previous years it looks like they accept a few people who have been previously held every month. I personally know people who have been accepted after only being held for one to two months.

Holy crap. Anyone having major trouble trying to follow the instructions given during the interview to access their info on financial aid?? I'm looking at this packet and it looks nothing like their website. That and the links don't work on their website either.

I can call...eventually..on Monday...

Just curious to see if they are still sending out late interviews or not? I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I won't get one with it being so late, but seeing as how I haven't received a rejection letter either there's still a little ray of hope.

I have been in the small pool since September, but I just got an Interview Invite. Good Luck to the rest of you!

I have been in the small pool since September, but I just got an Interview Invite. Good Luck to the rest of you!

Sigh...guess that's mostly it for this school then. What dates were available for you?

sigh, on hold for the 4th month now. interviewed back in late october, would love to go to rosalind franklin. why why?!

Acceptances for the 2/6 interviews out via e-mail!!! =)))))) congrats and good luck everybody!

now to decide whether to go to a DO close to home or to CMS 1700 miles away...

DAMN. Been in a small pool since August. Looks like I've drowned!

Sigh...guess that's mostly it for this school then. What dates were available for you?

Available dates were:

February 29th
March 5th
March 12th
March 19th
March 26th

My stats were a 3.8 GPA and 30 MCAT. I sent an updated transcript along with a letter of update mid-January, I don't know if that helped me get the invite but it made me feel better then just waiting around...

Available dates were:

February 29th
March 5th
March 12th
March 19th
March 26th

My stats were a 3.8 GPA and 30 MCAT. I sent an updated transcript along with a letter of update mid-January, I don't know if that helped me get the invite but it made me feel better then just waiting around...

I haven't sent anything only because I thought they don't accept updates?

FWIW, I have the same MCAT and a lower gpa :(. Though, I know that they interview until April, so it gives me hope that none of the April dates have been offered yet.

When are the last interviews held? Like what's the final date in April?

I got an interview invite today with dates that go well into April. This thread is full of negative vibes though - keep your heads up. Dont let the app process get to you.

hey all-i received an interview invite last week-here are the dates they offered:
March 19th
March 26th
April 2nd
April 9th
April 16th
April 23rd

Does anyone know the 2012-2013 tuition? Or have the link to direct there?

I haven't sent anything only because I thought they don't accept updates?

FWIW, I have the same MCAT and a lower gpa :(. Though, I know that they interview until April, so it gives me hope that none of the April dates have been offered yet.

They told me the same regarding updates.

Congrats to those of you with invites, what are your stats and small pool dates. I am just trying to asses my chance...

Does anyone know if they are still sending out interview invites?

Hey everyone! Congrats to everyone who has acceptances and good luck to those who are waiting. If you have any questions that a fourth year could help clear up, let me know - post them in here for everyone to see or PM me. I'm happy to help.

Does anyone know the 2012-2013 tuition? Or have the link to direct there?
They don't actually have their updated tuition online (see my previous post about being infuriated at not finding any info...I actually called them and said they were waiting to personally send it out). They actually just sent out those financial aid packets and in that there was a budgeting/tuition sheet. It isn't posted online for one reason or another. The annual tuition total is listed as $46,873 each year, split evenly through the terms spent studying. (i.e. $15,624.3 a term M1,M2 and $11,718.2 a term M3,M4).

Has anyone who have interviewed and then been put on hold been accepted? Or it is likely that the individuals on hold wont be accepted until May/June even though they are reviewed monthly?

I was put on hold and accepted a month later... that was back in December though.

Status
Not open for further replies.