2017-2018 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was verified on 6/29, if I haven't gotten the secondary by now should I assume I will not get one?
I don't think any of us know. I was almost positive I would get some good love from Cooper, but nothing is a given I suppose.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a reason to worry yet. I am a third time applicant, and I passed their screen during both those cycles. My stats are higher and I have better ECs now, but I still haven't gotten a secondary.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same, since we are both reapplicants I wonder if they have us in a different pool or something? Thats another angle I didn't think about before.

I think a re-applicant also got it already... but who knows, I wish they would just send it out already geesh.

I don't think there is a reason to worry yet. I am a third time applicant, and I passed their screen during both those cycles. My stats are higher and I have better ECs now, but I still haven't gotten a secondary.

Nice nice, yeah I'm in the same boat. I honestly wouldn't even be upset if they didn't send it to me, I'd just be confused really lol.

late post but received secondary on 8/14; OOS

Late post too, but verified 7/21 and secondary 8/14. Also OOS

Late post received secondary on 8/14, submitted today, received complete email today

sorry I don't know how to quote people on here yet (fairly new to sdn). But sure here is my info:

Cali resident, no ties to any state on the east coast

white, but disadvantaged childhood (talked about it in my dis. essay and PS)

cGPA: 3.81 (strong upward trend)

sGPA: 3.98

MCAT: 510 (129,122,129,130)

lots of EC's working with underserved clinics and communities. I definitely harped on that in my secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
sorry I don't know how to quote people on here yet (fairly new to sdn). But sure here is my info:

Cali resident, no ties to any state on the east coast

white, but disadvantaged childhood (talked about it in my dis. essay and PS)

cGPA: 3.81 (strong upward trend)

sGPA: 3.98

MCAT: 510 (129,122,129,130)

lots of EC's working with underserved clinics and communities. I definitely harped on that in my secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
3.81 with a strong upward trend? what did you get a B+ first semester freshmen year lol. I'm sure you will kill it, your stats are pretty strong.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anybody know when the interview is supposed to wrap up on the day of? I know it starts around 7:45, but I need to know when it ends to schedule my flight accordingly.

Thanks

Does anybody know when the interview is supposed to wrap up on the day of? I know it starts around 7:45, but I need to know when it ends to schedule my flight accordingly.

Thanks

I asked a friend who is attending this year (interviewed last year) and he said it ended around 12-1 and then there's time to talk with current med students. You should book the flight basically in the evening (with enough time to get to the airport, if it's like Philly/Trenton). I'll be interviewing Sept 8 btw.

I don't think any of us know that, tbh. I was verified 6/8 and still haven't received one either. I was almost positive I would get some good love from Cooper, but nothing is a given I suppose.
I haven't gotten yet either, which obviously is disappointing but it's a bit too early in the cycle to think you have no chance of getting one. I submitted early June and haven't gotten one. I'm OOS, but born in NJ with a majority of my family residing there. I'm still hopeful for some love. I imagine it takes them a bit longer considering they actually screen. Either way, appreciate that they screen rather than sending it out to whoever applies :)

Reactions: 1 users
For those with II's do you mind sharing the dates offered for the actual interview day? Thanks and congrats

anyone still waiting to get a secondary?

Reactions: 4 users
For those with II's do you mind sharing the dates offered for the actual interview day? Thanks and congrats
Cooper seems to be interviewing every other Friday, starting from September 8th (my interview date). When I registered, every date was available. This is probably not the case anymore.

Cooper seems to be interviewing every other Friday, starting from September 8th (my interview date). When I registered, every date was available. This is probably not the case anymore.

This is how they did it back when I was there too. If anyone wants to know more about the interviews feel free to PM me. Meanwhile....

anyone still waiting to get a secondary?

Still no secondary lmao. Submitted primary in June. Received email from Cooper like 7/21? Ironically having success at other mission based schools so not too beat up over Cooper, I guess... hope everyone gets that secondary though!

hi guys. does anybody know how good your chance of receiving a II is if you received a secondary? Returned my secondary about two weeks ago. GPA/MCAT are above the school's median. Really like what I'm hearing about this school.

hi guys. does anybody know how good your chance of receiving a II is if you received a secondary? Returned my secondary about two weeks ago. GPA/MCAT are above the school's median. Really like what I'm hearing about this school.
Got an interview offer today. completed secondary around 8/17 - they said they only offer interviews to less than 10% of all overall applicants but don't know about secondaries.

Reactions: 2 users
Got an interview offer today. completed secondary around 8/17 - they said they only offer interviews to less than 10% of all overall applicants but don't know about secondaries.

ahh, congrats! whats your LizzyM?

Anyone think there is still a chance of getting a secondary here?

Hey everyone, decided to make an account so I could post!

8/8 - Complete
8/17 - II Received

OOS, LizzyM ~70, ORM

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Verified 7/1 but still no secondary... IS.... is there any hope left? Would love to be considered by this school.

Verified 7/1 but still no secondary... IS.... is there any hope left? Would love to be considered by this school.

There's probably hope, but IMO if they liked our app they would have shot us a secondary by now (I'm in the same boat as you). I hope you have success at other schools or hear back here!

There's probably hope, but IMO if they liked our app they would have shot us a secondary by now (I'm in the same boat as you). I hope you have success at other schools or hear back here!
There's still hope! I didn't get a secondary until this morning. :)

Reactions: 1 users
There's still hope! I didn't get a secondary until this morning. :)
Yay congrats! Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but I think it is WAY too early in the cycle for how many people here have given up on getting a secondary. Bummed about the wait but still hopeful. OOS, born in NJ, with most of my family still there. I wanna move back so bad! Good luck on your app :)

II!!!
so so so happy now!

Reactions: 3 users