2017-2018 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yay congrats! Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but I think it is WAY too early in the cycle for how many people here have given up on getting a secondary. Bummed about the wait but still hopeful. OOS, born in NJ, with most of my family still there. I wanna move back so bad! Good luck on your app :)

Haha I mean it's super early-- but not that early for receiving secondaries when you were verified early June. I know how great of a school it is and wish everyone the best here!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
II just now! complete 8/7, in-state

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow the 1 month mark for this secondary totally crept up on me... still worth submitting even though I'm OOS?

Is there still a chance of getting a secondary? Verified 8/8. A lot of community service experience and demonstrated interest in under served populations.

I still didn't receive one either. Pretty much giving up hope at this point. I did send them an email asking if there would be more secondaries and I did not get a response.

Reactions: 1 users
I still didn't receive one either. Pretty much giving up hope at this point. I did send them an email asking if there would be more secondaries and I did not get a response.

Same. Verified 7/10/17

Reactions: 1 user
Let us know if they respond-- i marked it as rejected in my spreadsheet alrdy lol.

Hey, just got the secondary this afternoon! I was verified on August 1st, but my MCAT scores were only released on September 12, two days ago.

current student here if anyone has any questions. feel free to PM me questions as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
II! THIS IS MY FIRST CHOICE SCHOOL AND I AM SO UNBELIEVABLY STOKED. (Also my first MD interview)

In-state, non-URM, LM 69-70.

I really want to go on a run right now to burn off this energy of excitement--and I hate running 99% of the time :soexcited:

Good luck to everyone--keep the hope alive :)

Reactions: 5 users
II! THIS IS MY FIRST CHOICE SCHOOL AND I AM SO UNBELIEVABLY STOKED. (Also my first MD interview)

In-state, non-URM, LM 69-70.

I really want to go on a run right now to burn off this energy of excitement--and I hate running 99% of the time :soexcited:

Good luck to everyone--keep the hope alive :)
Congrats! What date is your interview?

Congrats! What date is your interview?
Thanks! November 17th. I literally watched the calendar as the earlier dates filled up. I was trying to hold off to contact my boss (I work every other Friday usually, and all the dates are on Friday) but after seeing November 3rd and 10th disappear within one hour of me getting the invite, I jumped on the 17th before I was too late for that one too.

II just a bit ago.

For those of you who got interviews today, when were you complete?

II just now! Complete 8/31, IS Anyone have information on this 3 Year Primary Care Program? It sounds like something I would be really interested in.

II just now! Complete 8/31, IS Anyone have information on this 3 Year Primary Care Program? It sounds like something I would be really interested in.

I found this explanation online if you haven't already seen it lol. I personally didnt know about the opioid treatment informational program mentioned in the link. Definitely needed in our state and something I'm interested in. Maybe admissions could put you in contact with one of the students in the program?
News & Media - Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

Well, it's almost October. I submitted primary early-mid July. I'm still holding out hope but starting to wonder if I'll get one at all. If November roles around I feel like at that point chances are super slim. Do they ever send out a pre-secondary rejection, or do they just never send you one? I revoke my previous sense of hope x.x

I found this explanation online if you haven't already seen it lol. I personally didnt know about the opioid treatment informational program mentioned in the link. Definitely needed in our state and something I'm interested in. Maybe admissions could put you in contact with one of the students in the program?
News & Media - Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

Thanks for sending this my way! I hadn't seen it before. And yeah, unfortunately, it's something physicians practicing in NJ have to pay special attention to. It's scary how the epidemic is affecting people I went to school with when I was younger.

Well, it's almost October. I submitted primary early-mid July. I'm still holding out hope but starting to wonder if I'll get one at all. If November roles around I feel like at that point chances are super slim. Do they ever send out a pre-secondary rejection, or do they just never send you one? I revoke my previous sense of hope x.x

I emailed them today asking if there are still secondaries going out this cycle, and I'll let you know what they say!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks for sending this my way! I hadn't seen it before. And yeah, unfortunately, it's something physicians practicing in NJ have to pay special attention to. It's scary how the epidemic is affecting people I went to school with when I was younger.
Absolutely. Same here. And what's scary it's such a suburban/middle class problem--hitting communities and families that don't have the resources/knowledge to properly deal with addiction. Heroin isn't limited to the "bad" parts of town anymore, and communities need to seriously wake up and have healthcare providers/politicians/police officers working together to develop sensible, compassionate, and effective strategies to help people. Narcan is great and all, but when an addict on NJ's Medicaid can't get into see a psychiatrist that accepts their insurance for 6-8 months then they'll never be able to get to the root of their addiction. Of course they'll relapse, and maybe overdose again waiting for that psychiatric care to come. But, I digress (sorry for the rant). Maybe we'll both end up at Cooper and get to do something about it in the epicenter of Camden :highfive:

Is anyone planning on doing the 3-year program?? Will be more advantageous to apply for it?

Is anyone planning on doing the 3-year program?? Will be more advantageous to apply for it?

If you look at the link someone posted in response to one of my posts, it says that the program is only accepting a total of 4 students, 2 pediatrics and internal medicine track students respectively. Apparently it's a super competitive selection process to get into the 3 year program. Just as a heads up.

Absolutely. Same here. And what's scary it's such a suburban/middle class problem--hitting communities and families that don't have the resources/knowledge to properly deal with addiction. Heroin isn't limited to the "bad" parts of town anymore, and communities need to seriously wake up and have healthcare providers/politicians/police officers working together to develop sensible, compassionate, and effective strategies to help people. Narcan is great and all, but when an addict on NJ's Medicaid can't get into see a psychiatrist that accepts their insurance for 6-8 months then they'll never be able to get to the root of their addiction. Of course they'll relapse, and maybe overdose again waiting for that psychiatric care to come. But, I digress (sorry for the rant). Maybe we'll both end up at Cooper and get to do something about it in the epicenter of Camden :highfive:

It would be humbling to be at Cooper. We especially need to address this epidemic seriously because a lot of the people falling victim to it are young people from middle income households.

I emailed them today asking if there are still secondaries going out this cycle, and I'll let you know what they say!
That is very kind of you to share, thank you!

No secondary here either. Primary submitted and complete late Juneish. Wooooo

Received an II on September 27th
Submitted Secondary: August 14th

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
IS, 3.77 cGPA, 3.64 sGPA and LM 68

Last edited:
Is anyone else interviewing on 10/20?

Looks this thread has been dead for a few days lol.
For you OOS applicants, there's at least some hope, cause I just got my II today! Complete 8/18, so I figured they totally forgot about me but I guess not ;)

Reactions: 6 users
Looks this thread has been dead for a few days lol.
For you OOS applicants, there's at least some hope, cause I just got my II today! Complete 8/18, so I figured they totally forgot about me but I guess not ;)
When you go for your interview, can you please ask them to give me a secondary? :D

Reactions: 5 users
I just called admissions, and they said they definitely still have secondaries to send out!

I just called admissions, and they said they definitely still have secondaries to send out!

Ah! Thanks for calling! I had completely given up on this school lol

Last edited:
Anyone know for those who already interviewed, are we getting our decisions on the 16th or afterwards?
Hopefully today!! They mentioned that they would during my interview day. Have been nervously refreshing email and portal since very early morning... :O

Last edited: