2017-2018 University of Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On hold...

Members don't see this ad.

Hold 11/8. Complete 7/20. Re-applicant.

For those with a hold, does your Status Portal show an "Interview" application category with a lock symbol next to it, which is beneath the line of green check marks? Thanks. Good luck to everyone. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted 7/31 IS. Just got an email I was placed on hold. I didn't even know they had holds, just thought they rejected pre-II. Anyone know from past years if this is a good or bad sign?
I just got this same exact thing, told me to rest assured this is not unusual... yeah right, like I’m gonna rest assured!

Reactions: 2 users
Got a hold. Do you think it’d be okay to update them with letter from a supervisor at a hospital position I got? It’s mostly administrative, which is my concern.

It's pretty bad. I'm a re-applicant and got the hold e-mail last year. I paid close attention to interview invites for people who also got the hold, but it seemed that there were very few to none. I'm expecting another hold this year very soon.

Same, that is my experience as well.

Reactions: 1 user
I know that the waitlist moves very slowly here, but does anyone know what month it usually begins to move? Wanted to see if anyone happened to know before I started digging through old posts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that the waitlist moves very slowly here, but does anyone know what month it usually begins to move? Wanted to see if anyone happened to know before I started digging through old posts.
It doesn't move lol
My current M1 friend told me 3 people got off haha out of like 230?

It doesn't move lol
My current M1 friend told me 3 people got off haha out of like 230?

Super sad. Do you know which month they got off?

Edit: seems like sometime past early April, since the adcom meets then to rank waitlisted applicants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Does maryland accept application updates? Either pre or post ii?

To those accepted, did anyone receive any letter packet in the mail? I was wondering when we should submit immunization and background check stuff. I’ve only gotten the portal acceptance last month.

To those accepted, did anyone receive any letter packet in the mail? I was wondering when we should submit immunization and background check stuff. I’ve only gotten the portal acceptance last month.

I don't think the immunizations are due until like October of next year. I signed in the system and it says mine are overdue because the option for the class of 2022 isn't even available. I haven't gotten a packet in the mail, and what is the background stuff?

Last edited:
I don't think the immunizations are due until like October of next year. I signed in the system and it says mine are overdue because the option for the class of 2021 isn't even available. I haven't gotten a packet in the mail, and what is the background stuff?

Oh ok. The background check is mandatory for all med schools. I think you have to give your fingerprints to an agency for the criminal background check. At least that’s what I did to get my senior-care certificate. Pretty much a <10 min process.

Oh ok. The background check is mandatory for all med schools. I think you have to give your fingerprints to an agency for the criminal background check. At least that’s what I did to get my senior-care certificate. Pretty much a <10 min process.

They should use the 25 fingerprints done for the MCAT lol

Reactions: 4 users
I assume they'll contact us about this?

I didn't get anything in the mail. but did get an email to set up the UMB portal

I assume they'll contact us about this?

Yeah. UMSOM sends out decisions quick, but processing afterwards may take awhile. I’m guessing they give us something in the mail anywhere from January-March.

How bad is a on-hold notification at this point. I am wondering if this should be considered neutral or basically a rejection. I am IS and 70 LM score. UMD is my top choice so I am really bummed with this news.

Exact same boat! Anyone want to start the facebook group?

I believe the school starts an official one next year like in January, but I'm going to be looking for a roommate. There is a second look weekend that I might use to look at some apartments.

Placed on the waitlist today. IS. LizzyM 79. Was really counting on this school coming through.

Posting for the record. Complete 8/8, interviewed 10/11, waitlisted 10/24. IS, 77 LM. Reading that waitlist movement is nonexistent higher up in the thread is discouraging, but fingers still crossed!

Posting for the record. Complete 8/8, interviewed 10/11, waitlisted 10/24. IS, 77 LM. Reading that waitlist movement is nonexistent higher up in the thread is discouraging, but fingers still crossed!
I feel your pain as I am in the same boat myself. Good luck to both of us. I'm trying to not let myself get discouraged. Chin up and hope for the best.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted! Got the email yesterday and am beyond excited. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!

Details: IS, completed 8/16, interview 10/18, GPA 3.76, MCAT 508

Reactions: 8 users
Any late August submitters who still have not heard back?

Waitlisted at my dream school. IS. Completed at some point. Interviewed October 8th-ish. LM: 72.9. GPA: 3.98. MCAT: 514.

Maryland gets me again lol. Only school that didn't accept me for undergrad, and now we repeat the cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted at my dream school. IS. Completed at some point. Interviewed October 8th-ish. LM: 72.9. GPA: 3.98. MCAT: 514.

Maryland gets me again lol. Only school that didn't accept me for undergrad, and now we repeat the cycle.
+1
I was on the wait list last year with old MCAT 36. This year I completed late August and haven't heard anything.
3.7 sGPA, 3.8 cGPA, MCAT 517

+1
I was on the wait list last year with old MCAT 36. This year I completed late August and haven't heard anything.
3.7 sGPA, 3.8 cGPA, MCAT 517
I don't think Maryland is too kind to re-applicants.

to those who went to interview and/or got accepted - what do you guys like about the school?

edit: got an ii just now, complete late july, from CA, LizzyM 75

Reactions: 5 users
to those who went to interview and/or got accepted - what do you guys like about the school?

edit: got an ii just now, complete late july, from CA, LizzyM 75
Do you mind posting around what dates were available? (Doesn’t need to be specifics but like mid-January, early December, etc)