2017-2018 University of Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted today

I also got accepted today. I got an email saying that my application status had changed then logged into the portal to see the decision

Accepted today!! So stoked! No email yet but portal had changed!
When did you all interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted! I was too chicken to check my portal but I did so after seeing so many acceptances. I got the check your email email at noon today. So happy! Wish i could scream and cry but I already scared the girl next to me in class after finally opening the email.

Good luck to everyone else! I’m not a very competitive applicant and so incredibly humbled + honored to receive an acceptance.
LizzyM 69ish and ORM :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! I was too chicken to check my portal but I did so after seeing so many acceptances. I got the check your email email at noon today. So happy! Wish i could scream and cry but I already scared the girl next to me in class after finally opening the email.

Good luck to everyone else! I’m not a very competitive applicant and so incredibly humbled + honored to receive an acceptance.
LizzyM 69ish and ORM :)

That’s awesome. Congratulations! Are you IS?

No worries! Been fortunate to have a few other acceptances so far, so I'm not stressing about it. I'm sure things will turn out well for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone willing to comment on their interview day? Laid back/conversational?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone willing to comment on their interview day? Laid back/conversational?
I talked to several people about how their interviews went, and my impression is that the way your interviews go is highly dependent on who your interviews are. There has been decent variation among the people I talked to -- some were super laidback (talking about their lives, family, even sharing photos), others were more traditional (normal interview questions), while some were a little more difficult/not conversational (got drilled with harder questions or the interviewer did not take interest in the interviewee's interests -- heard of 3 of these instances so far). My advice for the UMSOM interview is to just try to be yourself no matter the type of interviewer you get and be prepared for the basic questions -- be confident!

Mine was a mix of easy/hard questions, but the interviews remained conversational if you make it that way — remember to smile, be yourself/homest, and relax!

The doc I interviewed with semi-grilled me, like a panini.
Yeah I definitely got grilled
I guess I am a little glad to hear that I was not the only one who got "semi-grilled." Everyone on my interview day reported having conversational, fun interviews so I thought it was just me :(

Still waiting to hear anything this week.

Last edited:
I got grilled on my second interview though my first one was nice.
It really depends on your interviewer but just make the best out of it~
Pray that your interviewer is a nice and conversational person.

Sorry I didn't get to warn anyone else...though nothing can really prepare you to be grilled sometimes :( I also am a little glad to hear that I was not the only one who got "semi-grilled." Everyone on my interview day reported having conversational, fun interviews so I thought it was just me.

Still waiting to hear anything this week.

Me too... ahhh I keep checking. I'm worried because I interviewed in mid-September.. was hoping to hear this week!

Been noticing lots of pre-II rejected in this thread recently. I completed 9/6 and still haven't heard anything. This is my top choice so I've really been on edge recently. Any reason to think I am "out of the woods" in regards to this round of rejections?

Me too... ahhh I keep checking. I'm worried because I interviewed in mid-September.. was hoping to hear this week!
I am the exact same, don't worry! I was hoping to hear back this week, but looks like it may be later today or next week :( They did say 4-6 weeks...so we still have some time and don't need to worry. I was just going based off of last year's thread thinking it could be earlier T_T

I am the exact same, don't worry! I was hoping to hear back this week, but looks like it may be later today or next week :( They did say 4-6 weeks...so we still have some time and don't need to worry. I was just going based off of last year's thread thinking it could be earlier T_T
I interviewed the first week in October so I totally get what you guys are going through haha

Reactions: 2 users
II

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone hear back post-interview yet? :/ Besides the people who already posted

ACCCCCEPPPPPPPPTEEEEEEDDD OMFOMGMOGOMMFOMOGMOGMOMOGMOGO!!!!!

Reactions: 15 users
Complete 7/14, dead silence, IS, what's going on here guys?

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you! Got the call yesterday from Dr. Foxwell that my app was accepted in yesterday’s meeting. Interviewed Oct 2nd. OOS.
Ooh good to know re: meeting. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Hey all, interviewed early October (OOS). Received a waitlist notification. Need to keep soldiering on in the cycle.

Reactions: 4 users
Have others from 9/18 IS not heard yet? Seeing that Oct. 2 people are getting responses is concerning.

Got wait-listed Int. Sept. 18. I applied for the MPH/MD. Does anyone know if the wait-list moves ?.

Got wait-listed Int. Sept. 18. I applied for the MPH/MD. Does anyone know if the wait-list moves ?.
Got waitlisted last year and I can say they wait list too many people that only 15 at most will be taken out of 230 from last year

Have others from 9/18 IS not heard yet? Seeing that Oct. 2 people are getting responses is concerning.
interviewed 9/27 and haven't heard anything

I interviewed IS around that same date mid-September, and I have not heard back :(People were concerned last year too, but were still accepted around 5-6 weeks post-interview (someone interviewed 9/14 and got in 10/24). I guess as long as we are in the 4-6 week window, it is normal to not have heard back yet...

Agreed with terrapintennisplayer. UMSOM's waitlist is infamous for not moving. Very few get off the long waitlist unfortunately :(

Last edited:
Holy hell, just got the email and was accepted on the portal! A dream come true.

Reactions: 10 users