2018-2019 Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! LM 72. Only 2 dates available on the portal that I can't do so I'll have to figure that out, but excited to get to interview here!

Reactions: 7 users
II yesterday but didn't see it until today!

Complete 7/9

It went to my promotions tab on my gmail. I saw the invite checking the portal randomly today.

Reactions: 4 users
II this morning! complete 7/7
Interview dates are early October

Reactions: 8 users
Relatively unlikely possibility, but I am planning to rent a car drive up from Boston on Monday late afternoon/evening (9/17) and back to the airport Tuesday after the interviews (9/18) . Feel free to shoot me a PM if anyone needs a lift!

II just now! Complete 07/09

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
any IS hear back yet?
The state of NH is 1/8th the population of NYC. Dartmouth had 86 IS applications according to MSAR. I don't know how likely you are to get an answer lol. You might be like one of five IS applicants on SDN

The state of NH is 1/8th the population of NYC. Dartmouth had 86 IS applications according to MSAR. I don't know how likely you are to get an answer lol. You might be like one of five IS applicants on SDN

+1 IS chiming in! haha

edit: No word yet, but given the time they put into each application, I know that it's a long process.

Reactions: 1 user
+1 IS chiming in! haha

edit: No word yet, but given the time they put into each application, I know that it's a long process.
lol! Now I'm really curious to know how many NH residents are in on this thread!

FWIW I think Dartmouth's II season extended well into March last year.

lol! Now I'm really curious to know how many NH residents are in on this thread!

FWIW I think Dartmouth's II season extended well into March last year.

im IS too:dead:, but there were a few posters on last years thread that were from NH so it was worth a shot to see if any of us have had some luck yet!

Relatively unlikely possibility, but I am planning to rent a car drive up from Boston on Monday late afternoon/evening (9/17) and back to the airport Tuesday after the interviews (9/18) . Feel free to shoot me a PM if anyone needs a lift!
Wish I saw this, I already rented a car too :(

Is anyone else feeling like attending this interview is financially prohibitive? The flights to Boston are pricy, plus the cost of the bus, and the hotels in the area are very expensive. It also will take like a whole day to fly and take the bus there

Is anyone else feeling like attending this interview is financially prohibitive? The flights to Boston are pricy, plus the cost of the bus, and the hotels in the area are very expensive. It also will take like a whole day to fly and take the bus there

Have you looked into staying with a current student? Another school I have a II at gave us a list of students who volunteered their homes for interviewees. I'm considering exploring this possibility at all schools I get IIs at moving forward.

Yeah, im finding it really difficult because of its distance from the airports and the cost/availability of flights. Ideally I’d like to take a bus but I’d have to take off another day of work and I can’t do that

did anyone have their interview on the 6th? What did you think?

Yeah, im finding it really difficult because of its distance from the airports and the cost/availability of flights. Ideally I’d like to take a bus but I’d have to take off another day of work and I can’t do that
Where are you coming from?? And when’s your interview?

II today. LM ~75 OOS, non-URM. Complete 7/7

Reactions: 4 users
I'm an in-state applicant. I was complete on 7/27. I requested a delay in my application, though, since I'm retaking the MCAT. My score was 8 points lower than my last practice score (I slept horribly the night before). I'm retaking it tomorrow. I'll post when I hear from them either way. That said, if your MCAT is below a 504, it's really not worth the time and money to apply, except for the opportunity it affords you to talk with the awesome admissions staff! That said, you can do that WITHOUT applying!

I'm an in-state applicant. I was complete on 7/27. I requested a delay in my application, though, since I'm retaking the MCAT. My score was 8 points lower than my last practice score (I slept horribly the night before). I'm retaking it tomorrow. I'll post when I hear from them either way. That said, if your MCAT is below a 504, it's really not worth the time and money to apply, except for the opportunity it affords you to talk with the awesome admissions staff! That said, you can do that WITHOUT applying!

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Have you looked into staying with a current student? Another school I have a II at gave us a list of students who volunteered their homes for interviewees. I'm considering exploring this possibility at all schools I get IIs at moving forward.
The student hosts are only available for 1 night. Since it takes basically a whole day to travel each way, I will have to stay 2 nights.

Has anybody gotten the axe yet ? Cause from what I see last year they started sending out rejections around second week of sept

The student hosts are only available for 1 night. Since it takes basically a whole day to travel each way, I will have to stay 2 nights.
Plenty of people at my interview only stayed 1 night. My flight to Boston cost the same as any other flight to the east coast, and the Dartmouth Coach is only $62 round trip from Logan. The Coach also leaves Hanover at 4:40pm, and the interview day is over at 4pm (3pm if you skip the optional tour). So it is definitely possible to arrive the day before, stay with a host, and leave right after your interview. Overall, it has been no more challenging that my other interviews on the east coast.

Reactions: 1 users

Just talk to them and see if they'll help you out. People can be really awesome--I wouldn't be surprised if they're sympathetic to your situation and can accommodate you for another night. After all, they went through the same thing.

Completed application (essays, payment, freaking everything) on 8/20. Except I NEVER PRESSED SUBMIT. Just officially submitted. How screwed am I now? Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know how many IIs they give out?

Completed application (essays, payment, freaking everything) on 8/20. Except I NEVER PRESSED SUBMIT. Just officially submitted. How screwed am I now? Has this happened to anyone? Does anyone know how many IIs they give out?
They emphasized that they are pretty much non-rolling admission, so it’s not a huge deal here. It’s in before the deadline. There’s no point in worrying over it now.

They emphasized that they are pretty much non-rolling admission, so it’s not a huge deal here. It’s in before the deadline. There’s no point in worrying over it now.
What does that really mean besides that order of completion doesn’t matter?

What does that really mean besides that order of completion doesn’t matter?

The admissions staff and the M1s who did a Q&A session basically said not to expect to hear back until March.
Pretty much this. But if you look at the Geisel thread last year, you can see that applicants that they really liked were accepted as soon as October. Though the overwhelming majority will hear back around March.

I did this with another school (that even told me that I should have the secondary turned around by two weeks) and it ended up being my first and only interview. I think we worry way too much about timing for secondaries. I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason for how they get reviewed.

Reactions: 5 users
Added this school kind of late. Submitted my application 2 days ago. I hope it's not too late...
OOS, URM, non-trad

hey everyone! M1 here. yes most of the class heard back around march some students did hear back sooner but this is the rare exception. we had acceptances all the way up to the week before orientation started (aug 6th). I recently spoke to admissions staff and they emphasized to me that they pretty much review in order but it depends on the reviewer. so just sit tight this process is soul sucking. i believe they interview something like 700ish people for the 92 spots. I have given a few tours and spoke to some of you and i know the students who do go over and talk to you guys. @Nym.Pseudo did you find that talking with the m1's was helpful (the is for my own curiosity because i've thought about going over to admissions with them and participating so feel free to be honest you could PM me if you like as well)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
hey everyone! M1 here. yes most of the class heard back around march some students did hear back sooner but this is the rare exception. we had acceptances all the way up to the week before orientation started (aug 6th). I recently spoke to admissions staff and they emphasized to me that they pretty much review in order but it depends on the reviewer. so just sit tight this process is soul sucking. i believe they interview something like 700ish people for the 92 spots. I have given a few tours and spoke to some of you and i know the students who do go over and talk to you guys. @Nym.Pseudo did you find that talking with the m1's was helpful (the is for my own curiosity because i've thought about going over to admissions with them and participating so feel free to be honest)

Does that mean if we were complete in July and haven't heard back yet we should expect a rejection in the first rejection wave?

Does that mean if we were complete in July and haven't heard back yet we should expect a rejection in the first rejection wave?
not necessarily, by and large it depends on who is reviewing your application. so the best answer i can give is sometimes this is true and sometimes not.

I have an upcoming II. LM 68-69 Out of state
Anyone know the post interview acceptance rate? Thank you.