2018-2019 Howard University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh wow those are really soon! Do you mind sharing exactly when they sent you the interview invite? They sent me mine on January 15th for 3/26 3/27 and 4/2 which are all like 8 weeks away.. idk if theyre doing it on a basis of priority or rolling basis.
It's probably just availability of dates tbh. I got invited on the 7th for Jan/Feb dates, but there were only a few spots available in each day.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the best way to get an MPH while at Howard as a medical student?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted around September too, but haven't heard anything from them since. My metrics are better than average, so I am not sure why I haven't gotten an II. It makes me sick to my stomach :(

Are you AA? If not, then that would explain it. But if you are, idk what to tell you. I'm in the same boat. Have the metrics and fit the mission as well. Has me shook low key. Idk. But I'm fortunate to have a couple IIs at least.

Are you AA? If not, then that would explain it. But if you are, idk what to tell you. I'm in the same boat. Have the metrics and fit the mission as well. Has me shook low key. Idk. But I'm fortunate to have a couple IIs at least.
I’m not AA and heard back. Not everyone who receives an II is AA.

I’m not AA and heard back. Not everyone who receives an II is AA.
True, but I think his point was that there's a chance that it may be a factor considered when IIs are sent out by the admissions committee. Not that it is the end all be all.

Anyone who submitted end of October heard back ??

I am not AA! But have the metrics they should be looking for. Oh well, would have liked to interview there

Members don't see this ad :)
I am not AA! But have the metrics they should be looking for. Oh well, would have liked to interview there
Don’t lose hope!! You never know what your future holds! And I have heard howard interviews pretty late...almost upto April ! Good luck!

Hey guys! I’m a current M1 at Howard. Congrats to all of those who have been accepted so far! To those still waiting for an interview, there is still time. I have several classmates who were accepted after interviewing in April and there is usually a good amount of movement in the latter months. Definitely let me know if you all have any questions :)

Reactions: 13 users
Hey guys! I’m a current M1 at Howard. Congrats to all of those who have been accepted so far! To those still waiting for an interview, there is still time. I have several classmates who were accepted after interviewing in April and there is usually a good amount of movement in the latter months. Definitely let me know if you all have any questions :)
Do they still have a lot of invites left because I am gradually losing hope? Howard was one of my top choices.

Hi there, I was wondering if you know when they started taking people off the waitlist from last years cycle? I got waitlisted back in November and interviewed in October, so I’m trying to gauge when I would hear back from them, the letter said I could find out as last as June so I was getting worried about that

Do they still have a lot of invites left because I am gradually losing hope? Howard was one of my top choices.
Do not lose hope! I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but they do interview until May (the last interview days being in late April).

Hi there, I was wondering if you know when they started taking people off the waitlist from last years cycle? I got waitlisted back in November and interviewed in October, so I’m trying to gauge when I would hear back from them, the letter said I could find out as last as June so I was getting worried about that
So this partly depends on when some of the accepted students release their seats if they decide to go to other schools. Due to the traffic rules mandating that candidates select the school they would like to attend by a certain time, there is a lot of movement in April and May. But you can definitely find out sooner.

ACCEPTED! Completed in early September, II in October, interviewed in early December. Just found out today so PM me if you guys have any questions. Any way I can help out, ill definitely pay it forward. GOD IS GOOD!

Reactions: 21 users
Interviewed in late January. Anyone have any idea/estimate how long until I Hear back?

ACCEPTED! Completed in early September, II in October, interviewed in early December. Just found out today so PM me if you guys have any questions. Any way I can help out, ill definitely pay it forward. GOD IS GOOD!
Congrats!! Stats??

Does anyone know if they have put out the financial aid application?

Do anyone know if they released the health science financial aid application out for 2019?

Does anyone have any idea what the out of state tuition is at Howard? I literally can't find it anywhere on the internet

I assumed it was the same as IS idk why
I thought so when I looked at their website, but I thought from interview day I remember seeing in the little booklet that it was somewhere around $70-80k for out of state, but for some reason it's slipping my mind and I lost the booklet.

Does anyone have any idea what the out of state tuition is at Howard? I literally can't find it anywhere on the internet

I thought it was the same
I thought so when I looked at their website, but I thought from interview day I remember seeing in the little booklet that it was somewhere around $70-80k for out of state, but for some reason it's slipping my mind and I lost the booklet.

I will check mine when I get home.

Howard is a private institution so the tuition is the same for IS and OOS students

Reactions: 5 users
Has anybody been flat out rejected yet? Still waiting to hear back.... :( Hoping I will get an interview at some point... Secondary completed in November.

Reactions: 2 users
Is the 300 dollar enrollment fee non-refundable?

Ok guys I just called the admissions office and the lady on the phone said they are giving out Interview invites until around the end of February so if you haven’t received an invite by then it’s safe to assume it’s game over.

Reactions: 3 users
Ok but just the other day someone said they were interviewing until May... so which is it

Reactions: 3 users
Ok but just the other day someone said they were interviewing until May... so which is it
They’re interviewing still since they anticipate persons that accepted will choose another school over HC. I was just saying that they’re no “open” spots.

They are interviewing. But we were told that they have already decided who all they are interviewing, they just need to send out the interview invites within the next few weeks. And we were also told that they will not interview any more than 350 applicants throughout the cycle.

Alternate list today
Congrats! That’s a good thing right? Doesn’t alternative list mean that you’re accepted according to their standards but they’re waiting for seats to open up? Also what were your stats/extracurricular/degree(s) if you don’t mind sharing

Congrats! That’s a good thing right? Doesn’t alternative list mean that you’re accepted according to their standards but they’re waiting for seats to open up? Also what were your stats/extracurricular/degree(s) if you don’t mind sharing
Haha, yeah you are according to their standards. Yes, you are waiting for seats to open up, but how they pick from the waitlist is not entirely clear. Hoping for the best though. Low GPA but good Post Bacc GPA (>40 credits), MCAT 507-510

When did you interview?
Late Jan