2018-2019 Stony Brook University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone take the LIRR from Penn Station (NYC) to Stony Brook the morning of their interview? That would be the best option for me but it seems like very few trains run that way in the morning and transfers are involved, might not want to risk it.

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone completed mid September heard anything yet?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interviewed 11/2 LizzyM 77

Edit: I’m confused, why does the email say we need to choose to attend this school or withdraw by like the end of the month?

Edit: nvm I just called admissions and they said it’s non-binding!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted as well interviewed 11/2! OOS ahhhhh

II! LM 76
Complete in July (then they added Casper so I was complete again August 1st)

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone let me know when the interview day ends? Trying to book flights! Thanks!

II, complete July. But what type of interview does stonybrook have? MMI or traditional??

What time does the day end? Trying to book my return travel ASAP . Also are Uber’s available out there? How did people get to the train station after

What time does the day end? Trying to book my return travel ASAP . Also are Uber’s available out there? How did people get to the train station after

The day is scheduled to end at 1:45 but you might get out a little earlier. There is also a very slight chance that you'll have an interview in the afternoon if one of your scheduled morning ones can't make it.

There is a free campus shuttle bus that goes to the train station and back. It's also a fairly easy 20-30 minute walk across campus (what I did to kill some time).

can anyone who recently received an II say what dates they were scheduling for?

Anybody know if stony is transferring to a pass fail system anytime soon?
No, they aren’t changing. It’s H/P/F and H/HP/P/LP/F for preclinical and clinical, respectively.

The one big change is that it’s no longer called Stony Brook University School of Medicine as of a few days ago.

Renaissance School of Medicine sounds so meh. Doesn't carry the same weight as Stony Brook

anyone have a link to student groups and clubs for stony brook? Can't find it on their website.

So where is SB at? What % of IIs do you guys think have been sent out so far?

When do Rs come?

Reactions: 4 users
First time here, just waitlisted today.

I have a question, how many students go on their waitlist? At my interview, I was told that around 20 percent are accepted off, and the numbers of acceptances total is around 440 out of 740 interviews.

Waitlisted today. Interviewed 11/19. Will be withdrawing my name from the list.

In my acceptance letter, it says the offer is contingent upon satisfactory completion of coursework to which I've committed myself in the application. Some of the "Current/Future" courses (none are prereqs for Stony Brook) I listed for 2018-19 aren't offered or would not work for my schedule. I listed these courses b/c some other schools had them as prereqs.

How strict is the admissions office about completion of all the future coursework?

Guess I'll ask again, but does anyone have an idea of how large the waitlist is? It can't be 300 like MSAR says because that would mean no student gets rejected post interview, as they accept 440 out of 740.