2018-2019 Stony Brook University School of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What time does the interview day start and end?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is the acceptance offer binding? The wording makes it seem so

Based on previous posts on this thread, from people who called admissions, it is not binding - its just an acknowledgement of the offer and that you would like to hold your seat for now! I agree, the wording sounds intense lol

for those accepted, how did you respond to your acceptance via email? did you say you are accepting the place in the class or did you say that you are accepting your "seat"

Members don't see this ad :)
Correction: Step 1 is taken after clinicals, which end in the middle of 3rd year
True, true. Since their "3rd year" starts after 18 months, I guess it would be in the middle of other schools third year.

does everyones portal say "under consideration?" trying to remember if its always said this or if they're actively reviewing rn.

Reactions: 1 user
this is a kind of random question but do med schools talk to each other / know if we're sending letter of interests to multiple schools? I plan on only sending one letter of intent and multiple letters of interest but idk if med schools let each other know if they're planning on taking one student and telling neighboring schools to not accept them etc.

this is a kind of random question but do med schools talk to each other / know if we're sending letter of interests to multiple schools? I plan on only sending one letter of intent and multiple letters of interest but idk if med schools let each other know if they're planning on taking one student and telling neighboring schools to not accept them etc.
I read somewhere on the traffic rules that they were not allowed to talk about applicants to other schools, but not sure how much this is regulated

Does anyone know what potential scholarships StonyBrook has provided in the past?

I emailed an update recently and they said that they aren't going to make most of their offers until April/May because of the new traffic rules. (Granted this is MSTP but the same idea may apply....)

II just now!! 3.47 gpa 506 mcat. Complete 9/10!

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected pre-II this afternoon. LM 69, complete 8/28.

Are the apps looked at in order of submission? I was compete second to last day of August and haven’t gotten an II or R

Withdrew my A just now, hopefully it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Do any accepted people know if at this point we should be sending official transcripts? I have an email version that I kept when I requested it from the registrar at my school - can we email these?

How was interview day like? Any advice/tips? Thanks!
2 1 on 1 interviews for 1 hour. Some pretty typical questions, but I really tried to cater the conversation based on what my interviewer seemed to care about. First guy was an attending in medical education (didn't care about bench work), while the other was a PI (really wanted to know how many mice and rats I've killed, etc)

n=1, but I didn't really have crossover in the content I talked about with the two interviewers and I was accepted ~3 weeks later. Best of luck, friend!

Any decision releases recently? Interviewed Dec 14 the wait’s been too real

Reactions: 2 users
Turned down an II this past week. Hope it goes to one of you guys! Cheers

FYI for anyone interested in the 3YRMD program, I got an email about it yesterday but it was sent to my spam folder originally.

How do people find roommates if the FB page is only made after May 1

Hey guys, for anyone that has gotten an interview, what does your portal say? I can't tell if this means that I got an R of if I might have gotten an II and missed the email? - I got an update that says "A final decision on your candidacy was emailed to you on 02/01/19."

Hey guys, for anyone that has gotten an interview, what does your portal say? I can't tell if this means that I got an R of if I might have gotten an II and missed the email? - I got an update that says "A final decision on your candidacy was emailed to you on 02/01/19."
Mine said something along the lines of "you have been invited for an interview". Your update most likely means an R.

Waitlisted just now, interviewed 1/11.... really disappointed I feel like I'm being waitlisted everywhere..

Afaik, no, although they prob will be releasing some soon considering it has been 6 weeks ( I would give it a week or two more though cause the holidays could have delayed things)
I interviewed 1/8 and got a decision today.

Interviewed on 12/14 (really really loved my time there) and still have not heard back. Feeling a little anxious considering that people who interviewed much later are getting decisions. Stay strong y'all!

Interviewed on 12/14 (really really loved my time there) and still have not heard back. Feeling a little anxious considering that people who interviewed much later are getting decisions. Stay strong y'all!

Also 12/14 and haven’t heard back. So weird January is hearing back before us. Just TELL ME