2018-2019 Weill Cornell Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my first R from the MSTP here!

Reactions: 1 user
Sounds like a lot of people had success with ITA emails here, but how far away do you have to be to send one? I'm on the east coast, not too far at all but would still be nice to schedule things together if possible!

Soo I sent an in the area email a week ago, never heard back. Anyone else in the same boat?

Some people got a follow-up email saying it was added to their file and some people didn't, I wouldn't look into it too much though, probably depending on if they had free time that day or something

Members don't see this ad :)
II here!! A bit surprised because I was skeptical about whether my writing courses would meet their requirements. Complete 7/23.

Reactions: 3 users
Quick question about the interview! I know cornell has AM and PM slots. For PM interviews, is it permissible to arrive at the interview location at 12pm (this is when the email says PM interviews begin)? I might be able to schedule an early morning flight for a really affordable price so I was wondering :p

Quick question about the interview! I know cornell has AM and PM slots. For PM interviews, is it permissible to arrive at the interview location at 12pm (this is when the email says PM interviews begin)? I might be able to schedule an early morning flight for a really affordable price so I was wondering :p

I don't think you should do this regardless. If your flight gets delayed, you might miss your interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else having difficulty accessing the WCMC status page? I keep getting an error message that says "The connection has been reset"

Does cornell offer staying with a student host prior to the interview?
Their II email didn't have any student host info but looked up the last two cycle's thread and people mentioned emailing admissions to request a student host (not explicitly advertised)

Anyone know if we can store luggage on the day of the interview? Most schools seem to be fine with this but I did not find any mention of this in their invite email.

Anyone know if we can store luggage on the day of the interview? Most schools seem to be fine with this but I did not find any mention of this in their invite email.
You can leave your luggage in the admissions office until you’re done

II here too!! Complete in mid/late July <33

Reactions: 4 users
so no student housing? :(
You meaning hosting? Cornell does do student hosting, but they don’t advertise it. Just send an email to admissions and they will try to find an M1 host

Cornell also provides student housing (across the street from NYP) for all four years!

Tri-I MSTP II just now. Excited to meet everyone interviewing on October 25th!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Rejected from MSTP earlier today. Got an email so I'm guessing that they dont do silent rejections

Rejected from MSTP earlier today. Got an email so I'm guessing that they dont do silent rejections
Sorry to hear that. But don't worry, you will get many others! My fiancee got rejected from Tri-I MSTP but got interviews at Washu and UPenn MD/PhD in the past few weeks, while I got rejected from WashU. Each program might be looking for candidates that match their specific research strengths, and I'm sure amazing offers will come soon for you.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know about the student host information for WCMC? I couldn't seem to find any information...
They don’t advertise it, but email wcmc-admissions and they will try to find you a host. May not get back to you right away, but most of the time you’ll get one

For WCMC, is the interview the defining criteria for admissions or is it averaged in with other aspects of your app?

Complete 7/16 and nothing. Is it still early?

Any straight MD rejections or just MSTP so far?