2019-2020 Maryland

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I noticed today that it said "interview under review" under my status, which wasn't there as of Friday. I assume it means I am under committee review? I was complete in late June.
Just to clarify, did you see this after attending your interview?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations, everyone who got accepted today! I will see you guys at the second look!

Does anyone know if the decision tab didn't have any scholarship information, then we didn't get any? When does that decision happen??
 
I know that the In-State Classification form doesn't "affect the status of your application," but do you all think it affects whether or not admissions reviews your app as in-state? I'm getting paranoid since I hadn't filled it out for a while after being complete.
 
I know that the In-State Classification form doesn't "affect the status of your application," but do you all think it affects whether or not admissions reviews your app as in-state? I'm getting paranoid since I hadn't filled it out for a while after being complete.

I would imagine it’s only for the financial aid stuff but i don’t think it would change your status to being in state for reviewing your app. That’s just my gut feeling. But fill it out anyways! It takes like 10 minutes and they get back to you pretty quickly.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that the In-State Classification form doesn't "affect the status of your application," but do you all think it affects whether or not admissions reviews your app as in-state? I'm getting paranoid since I hadn't filled it out for a while after being complete.

I didn't fill the form out and it didn't seem to matter...They could figure out if you're most likely IS based on what you put on your primary I would imagine. I got an A and was marked out-of-state though I just need to have the form done (and processed too maybe) before the first day of class
 
Anyone know anything about the new curriculum?
From what I remember, (and anyone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong), the curriculum is systems-based in which you learn both normal and abnormal of each system at the same time, in contrast to the traditional curriculum in which 1st year was when you learned everything that is normal and 2nd year was when you learn everything that is abnormal. That way, the pre-clinical years are also shortened so that you have more time to study for Step 1, take it, and get it out of the way so that you start clinicals earlier. In addition, the class of 2024 will be the first class in which a tiered pass/fail system is implemented in pre-clinical grading as opposed to letter grades. It's similar but as the Dean said "it sounds so much better to say that you passed a class as opposed to saying you got a C in it!" lol she was such a nice person.
 
From what I remember, (and anyone please feel free to correct me if I am wrong), the curriculum is systems-based in which you learn both normal and abnormal of each system at the same time, in contrast to the traditional curriculum in which 1st year was when you learned everything that is normal and 2nd year was when you learn everything that is abnormal. That way, the pre-clinical years are also shortened so that you have more time to study for Step 1, take it, and get it out of the way so that you start clinicals earlier. In addition, the class of 2024 will be the first class in which a tiered pass/fail system is implemented in pre-clinical grading as opposed to letter grades. It's similar but as the Dean said "it sounds so much better to say that you passed a class as opposed to saying you got a C in it!" lol she was such a nice person.

To add to this, here's the breakdown they showed us
 

Attachments

  • umd curr.jpg
    umd curr.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 259
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone else having trouble accessing their Maryland portal? I keep receiving a "500 Error" message and I am wondering if their portal is crashing because they will be releasing responses today?

Marked complete 8/4 and have not heard anything yet.
 
Is anyone else having trouble accessing their Maryland portal? I keep receiving a "500 Error" message and I am wondering if their portal is crashing because they will be releasing responses today?

Marked complete 8/4 and have not heard anything yet.
+1