2019-2020 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, my portal is still blank in the status line.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
was PREP sent to everyone (who potentially are now accepted) or did you have to show interest in it. I know I didn’t show interest in PREP

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have a Committee Decision letter for 2/7 or 2/15 that has not received a PREP email? Or did most people with Committee Decision Letters uploaded receive an email? Just trying to gauge what this letter means for forward movement

Me

Members don't see this ad :)
was PREP sent to everyone (who potentially are now accepted) or did you have to show interest in it. I know I didn’t show interest in PREP
I showed no interest in my app, but got the PREP email

Reactions: 4 users
I thought last year they sent it to everyone who was accepted, regardless of whether or not you showed interest. Not sure about this though!

Did anyone answer regarding the date of their committee decision document who were accepted?

Also, congrats!!

Committee decision 02/07, no PREP email. Congrats to all accepted!

No PREP email here, got the 2/07 committee decision

Reactions: 2 users
2/17 committee decision no PREP email - congrats to all those accepted!!

2/17 committee decision no PREP email - congrats to all those accepted!!

No committee decision and no prep email (haha I'm just a "no" in every way XD), and yeah congrats to the next round of accepted peeps :)

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
People who received the PREP email, do they have significant research experience or are they in need of research? Has there been anyone, currently or historically, who have not received a PREP email but was still accepted the following day?
Got the PREP email and have significant research experiences

Decide to take a break from SDN, but pulled right back into the fold. PreP email, decent by SDN standards. First T20 acceptance shared with my SO!! :smuggrin:

Reactions: 6 users
First time commenting on this thread, but this PREP email has me shook

Still WL... guess they didn't like my LOI lol. Congratz to everyone who was accepted!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Checked the portal--ACCEPTED!!! I can't even believe this!!! Good luck to everyone for the rest of the cycle, never give up on your purpose!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to all accepted!!!

My status came back to WL :cat:
But it seems that we found the tell for WL movement.

I'll stay for the memes and paranoia, but I am giving up on Pitt.
So, I'll carry the A I already got from a school that loved me at first sight.
I hope that I meet you all down the road for residency, I am def applying to Pitt again:prof:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Soooo has anyone done any searching back to see when the second wave of waitlist releases have been in the past? & congrats to all accepted yesterday!!

Soooo has anyone done any searching back to see when the second wave of waitlist releases have been in the past? & congrats to all accepted yesterday!!
Last year the waitlist moved again in the first days of April, just a couple days after financial aid offers went out. I think that was the last big movement last year.

I'm pretty bummed out that I wound up on the waitlist again, especially because all of my other interviews so far have led to waitlists. Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to us waitlist people! For those of us who still want to attend Pitt, let's hope we roll off the waitlist soon.

• Sad
Last year the waitlist moved again in the first days of April, just a couple days after financial aid offers went out. I think that was the last big movement last year.

I'm pretty bummed out that I wound up on the waitlist again, especially because all of my other interviews so far have led to waitlists. Congrats to everyone who got accepted and good luck to us waitlist people! For those of us who still want to attend Pitt, let's hope we roll off the waitlist soon.
I’m in the same boat. Waitlisted everywhere I interviewed. Rooting for you because I feel your frustration!!

• Love
Waiting's the most difficult part. Pitt was certainly my top choice, so the WL definitely hurts. If anyone needs to vent or just wants to chat, DM me! I'd love to talk to all you awesome people

Waiting's the most difficult part. Pitt was certainly my top choice, so the WL definitely hurts. If anyone needs to vent or just wants to chat, DM me! I'd love to talk to all you awesome people

Unrelated but I just started watching the Witcher and I am hooked! I just finished the episode when Geralt fought the skriga and yennefer did the body transformation ritual:corny:

• Love
Accepted after waitlist in January! Interviewed in October. Sent multiple updates. Super happy! Positive vibes to all you pretty peoples!

Reactions: 4 users

Yeah I bet a lot of schools at around April will all of a sudden open the flood gates...especially April 15 and April 30 when people basically have to narrow down their acceptances!

Withdrawing from here, but am being asked why/which school I chose over Pitt. Should I bother answering either question?

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Withdrawing from here, but am being asked why/which school I chose over Pitt. Should I bother answering either question?
I think that is totally up to you and if you want to give a reason! Goodluck wherever you decided to go!

People like you give me hope hahaha XD

Let the WL in April flow like a Spring mountain river unleashed after a cold frozen winter!

• Love
Wonder when the next wave will be..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which apartments in Shadyside (or around Pittsburgh in general) do the off campus med students mostly live at? I've been looking around online and just curious what are the popular choices.

Any admitted students totally lost in regards to housing right now? Just found out the two bedrooms at Darragh are already full, which is crazy because I don’t even know how people are finding roommates. Can someone help?

Any admitted students totally lost in regards to housing right now? Just found out the two bedrooms at Darragh are already full, which is crazy because I don’t even know how people are finding roommates. Can someone help?
I would reach out in the second look page on Facebook. If you don’t get Darragh there’s a lot of good off campus apartments nearby. Maybe posting about a roommate on there could help too

I'm on the Pitt waitlist, but I have lived in the Oakland neighborhood before! I would recommend using social media to contact Pitt students (Facebook, Reddit: /r/Pittsburgh, /r/Pitt) to help figure out off-campus housing if you're interested in that. There are a lot of nasty landlords in the Oakland area and current students there usually have good advice/experience and would be happy to help steer you away from them.

Which apartments in Shadyside (or around Pittsburgh in general) do the off campus med students mostly live at? I've been looking around online and just curious what are the popular choices.
I don’t know about specific apartments but I know that most students who are off campus tend to live in Shadyside or Squirell Hill since that’s usually where grad students live (for both CMU and Pitt). Oakland tends to be really rowdy and is more unsafe so grad students tend to stick to those areas. Also lawrenceville and Bloomfield if you don’t mind going a little bit further out

Could someone post the link to the Facebook group for accepted students?
Thanks!!

Got an automated text from Pitt saying a current student would call me to provide details about second look next week for anyone wondering about that!

I have no evidence for this, but I feel like there will be another WL movement soon (prior to April).. Just a gut feeling.

do we know second look programming? i feel like i should be buying my flight but would like to know what time frame i'm working around!

Looks like second look is canceled!! I talked to a nice student over the phone. IDK if it's official yet, tho :unsure:

• Wow