2019-2020 Pittsburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1
I checked, it is gone!!!
I had seen last week that my OTH/PIC documents were shuffled. It made me think that someone had reviewed them again.

Anyone else have their waitlist application status disappear on the portal?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
We are entering dates that historically have seen WL movement.
As soon as you get that A people, come back to report :arghh::horns:

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all of you! I hope you all hear good news :)

Reactions: 4 users
Honestly what is a Pitt thread without its conspiracy theories ;)

Also best of luck to those on the WL!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Finally got all my document submitted. I hope they truly are generous with financial aid. I would love to go here but paying full sticker price for COA is scary:dead:

Reactions: 3 users
Also under “submit application” mine changed back to complete and under review

Do they historically reject during this period as well or do they just pick people and ghost others?

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait where did you guys see that "complete and under review"? I don't see anything

Finally got all my document submitted. I hope they truly are generous with financial aid. I would love to go here but paying full sticker price for COA is scary:dead:
This is exactly how I feel. LOVED Pitt but I do not foresee myself getting much aid.

I think we are gonna hear things about WL --> A early next week. Last time the status disappeared was on a Friday and then decisions were posted the following Wednesday.

I was stalking last year's thread and it looked like the adcom met on Thursday and decisions were released Friday

Reactions: 2 users
1A74C38D-CD74-4A82-9CFE-D956A2586B72.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users
To add to the suspense...

Me and at least one other accepted students no longer see the accepted status on our portal, or have the ability to access the admitted students tab! Hopefully wait list decisions come out tomorrow:xf:

Reactions: 2 users
Wouldn't it make more sense to release WL decisions once the ivy decisions came out? Then they could probably take more off the waitlist....

I think because schools can't see where else you are accepted, it doesn't matter if its before or after ivy league schools release decisions. Most people would wait regardless to get financial aid information, so it's not like they would instantly withdraw (most people).

Reactions: 1 user

Me and at least one other accepted students no longer see the accepted status on our portal, or have the ability to access the admitted students tab! Hopefully wait list decisions come out tomorrow:xf:

Also.. wtf?!!?!?!? Did everyone's status go away?!

My WL disappeared as well. I had the committee decision doc posted on 2/07 and got that account email

+1

Did anyone else on the waitlist get an email from the Pitt-Med Research Experience for Pre-matriculants (PREP) program just now saying "We congratulate you on your admission to the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine..."?
Just got it now, Im not sure what to think of it?? Does that mean we're accepted?

Did anyone else on the waitlist get an email from the Pitt-Med Research Experience for Pre-matriculants (PREP) program just now saying "We congratulate you on your admission to the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine..."?
1582841419700.png

You’re definitely in

Just got it now, Im not sure what to think of it?? Does that mean we're accepted?

A couple years back this happened to a couple of people before the first official acceptance was sent out, and everyone who got the Prep email was accepted! I think its good news. Something you could also do is to go on amcas and see if Pitt is available as an option for your choose your medical school tool.

did anything change on the portal for those who got the PREP email?
I have a "committee decision" in my list of documents (where it shows they have my picture) but thats the only change. I cant open the committee decision doc

I have a "committee decision" in my list of documents (where it shows they have my picture) but thats the only change. I cant open the committee decision doc

did you not have that there before? I've had that there since they put me on the WL in Jan

Does anyone have a Committee Decision letter for 2/7 or 2/15 that has not received a PREP email? Or did most people with Committee Decision Letters uploaded receive an email? Just trying to gauge what this letter means for forward movement
2/7 Letter +1 didn't apply for PREP so no email