2019-2020 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+n on the 2X R.

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto on the 2x R's. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back and to everyone who was rejected--I'm sure we'll all find our homes somewhere amazing!

• Sad
Bye StanfoRd (x2) lol

• Dislike
  • Sad
Reactions: 6 users
Didn’t get the R. Are they done sending interviews? Maybe it’s coming soon.

Reactions: 5 users
Damn was hoping I’d pull through because of the R waves earlier , but this one hit me

• Sad
Pre-II R. Good luck to everyone and congratulations to those accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed on Dec 7. I (uncharacteristically) thought it went pretty well. But no A, no R, no WL. It’s all quiet on the western front...just gonna keep the positive visualization going for now...

Members don't see this ad :)
woke up to two very kind and professional R's. gl to the homies still in it!

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed on Dec 7. I (uncharacteristically) thought it went pretty well. But no A, no R, no WL. It’s all quiet on the western front...just gonna keep the positive visualization going for now...
[/
Gotta just keep riding these waves, at some point we will hit one just right

Waitlisted! Interviewed in early December. Honestly proud of that and excited to still be under consideration

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Ya same here, any idea what the waitlist movement at Stanford for OOS is like? might have heard that there is a decent bit

Ya same here, any idea what the waitlist movement at Stanford for OOS is like? might have heard that there is a decent bit
I don't know about movement historically but it wouldn't surprise me if there were movement. Candidates getting in to Stanford are likely getting in elsewhere and may get better financial aid packages elsewhere/have a better fit

I'm gonna do some digging through old sdn later on to see whats up. Will report back

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlist movement has been great - last few years, Stanford has changed its admission policy to waitlist more upfront (and accept more off the waitlist later). Stanford had issues with over acceptance three years ago so fewer upfront acceptances now.

Anecdotally, approximately 20-30 people got off the waitlist in my year.

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 9 users
Waitlisted, interviewed in November. This one hurt AF but it will be okay! :)

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Waitlist movement has been great - last few years, Stanford has changed its admission policy to waitlist more upfront (and accept more off the waitlist later). Stanford had issues with over acceptance three years ago so fewer upfront acceptances now.

Anecdotally, approximately 20-30 people got off the waitlist in my year.
Thanks for that info! By 20-30 your year do you mean ~20-30 current members of your class were from the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
WL. Interviewed Dec 7th — wondering if/when they give post-interview rejections or if most get placed on waitlist?

• Sad
WL. Interviewed Dec 7th — wondering if/when they give post-interview rejections or if most get placed on waitlist?
If i'm not mistaken, they don't post-ii reject anyone, everyone gets put on the waitlist

What is your opinion: Stanford vs JHU in term of residency opportunities?

Waitlisted! Interviewed in early December. Honestly proud of that and excited to still be under consideration

+1 and I couldn’t agree more. It was a delight and honor to even interview! Hopefully there’s some movement!!!

Anybody know if the speculation that Stanford has no post-II Rs and simply WLs everyone with no A are based in reality?

• Sad
  • Love
Anybody know if the speculation that Stanford has no post-II Rs and simply WLs everyone with no A are based in reality?
It seems as though they waitlist everybody who interviewed, except for those who they accept.

But it's important to keep in mind that they only interview a small number of candidates (~420) in the first place and they ultimately accept ~175.

If ~30 get in off of the waitlist, this means they outright accept ~145. That means ~30 get in off of a ~275 person waitlist, so odds of getting in are around 10% after being waitlisted.

• Hmm
It seems as though they waitlist everybody who interviewed, except for those who they accept.

But it's important to keep in mind that they only interview a small number of candidates (~420) in the first place and they ultimately accept ~175.

If ~30 get in off of the waitlist, this means they outright accept ~145. That means ~30 get in off of a ~275 person waitlist, so odds of getting in are around 10% after being waitlisted.

Your odds are probably underestimating that number a bit, since I’ve heard about 125-ish are accepted upfront and waitlist yield isn’t 100%. It’s not a shoo-in by any means but you have reason to be optimistic!

• Love
  • Hmm
Your odds are probably underestimating that number a bit, since I’ve heard about 125-ish are accepted upfront and waitlist yield isn’t 100%. It’s not a shoo-in by any means but you have reason to be optimistic!

What would you put that percentage at if you had to guess

Apologies if this was already asked--does Stanford accept updates/LOI from those who have been waitlisted?

• Sad
Accepted! Dream school :) Interviewed in January for Berg too. I was offered a full ride at Oakland University (where my parents live so I'd have $0 in loans)... Having trouble deciding between the two. Stanford is so expensive! But...Stanford!!<3

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Accepted! Dream school :) Interviewed in January for Berg too. I was offered a full ride at Oakland University (where my parents live so I'd have $0 in loans)... Having trouble deciding between the two. Stanford is so expensive! But...Stanford!!<3
My husband lived at home and went to a cheap med school to avoid debt and he doesn't regret it!

Congrats! Did you get a call or receive an email? Has your portal updated?

Congrats ChemistryGirl! Were you also one of the 1/10 interviewees or were you on one of the other 2 days?

Just got the call! Accepted!! I feel like I’m dreaming - can’t be real :eek:

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I know I was lurking for additional info a few days ago: I interviewed 1/15, no berg.

Last edited:
Does anyone know which interview dates they're holding in February?

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Also got in today. Also couldn’t believe it...
Interviewed about two weeks ago for MD and Berg.

• Love