Brokenrib

2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2016
I find this process super strange.. I submitted 8/29 and got a complete and under review email under a week after. I don't have high stats but I would say I'm a great fit for their mission with great EC? Idk maybe it's just an automatic sorting into the R pile lol.

HighYieldOnly

premed killa -> killa docta?
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I find this process super strange.. I submitted 8/29 and got a complete and under review email under a week after. I don't have high stats but I would say I'm a great fit for their mission with great EC? Idk maybe it's just an automatic sorting into the R pile lol.
Tulane could likely have median stats like 3.8/515 if they wanted to select for GPA and MCAT due to being an awesome school and having so many applicants. They seem more focused on other parts of your app.

Brokenrib

2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2016
Tulane could likely have median stats like 3.8/515 if they wanted to select for GPA and MCAT due to being an awesome school and having so many applicants. They seem more focused on other parts of your app.
That's very true! Well, I'll cross my fingers they see some things they like in my app. Maybe they filter apps for hours of volunteering/leadership? As in when they look at it I mean. Or maybe it's all random who knows:shrug:

About the Ads
Jan 8, 2018

Nugester

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
9/20 interview crew coming up!

Jul 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 8/21 and under review 9/11, Is this a good thing? Also, how long are people typically under review for?

About the Ads
About the Ads
Feb 20, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Lol is this hold different than any other hold? Why did the wording of it make it sound so nice.
Considering they're already scheduling interviews into Feb/March, I'm fully considering this an R lol

Edit: I deleted the Tulane "hold" email, and got an identical email not a minute later. Thanks for the reminder, Tulane.

About the Ads
Dec 17, 2018
Okay did a quick glance at last years thread. People did get interviews after holds -- but obviously im sure its only for people that have withdrawn there interview slots. So its not the kiss of death like at drexel or nymc but obviously its not ideal. Most people were rejected at the end.

rx001

2+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2017
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
+2 Same here. On hold for possible interview. I guess when some of the candidates turn down interviews or acceptances, we could show up or may be not as we are too many in that category.

Reactions: EmbryonalCarcinoma
Jul 16, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
finally got a complete email today

Jul 21, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
On hold for an interview. Submitted secondary 7/22, complete on 8/8.

Listen...so many people were rejected already. If Tulane did not think we were a good fit they would’ve rejected us straight up!! Stay positive (I’m happy lmao). People may cancel their interviews or turn down Tulane after being accepted.

Dec 12, 2018
On hold for an interview. Submitted secondary 7/22, complete on 8/8.

Listen...so many people were rejected already. If Tulane did not think we were a good fit they would’ve rejected us already!!! Stay positive (I’m happy lmao). People may cancel their interviews or turn down Tulane after being accepted.
1. Love your outlook
2. Love your username, can definitely relate

About the Ads