limeyguydr

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
I guess you miss my point. Which is to point out how choosey and entitled to those particular preferences some applicants can get while simultaneously turning the interview process into a collection game after 5 or so invites. Some people won’t even get a single invite or more than one.. so do not have the thought to spare towards the ambiance of NOLA and culture vs any hopeful school they wish would give them a chance. Humility is a good trait you know.
I wasn't talking about myself in particular in that instance and I hear your message loud and clear. You're right - many people won't get an invite and as a reapplicant, I know this firsthand. But to that point - I don't think it becomes a collection game to all involved; there are schools in my area and state that I have not heard back from and if I were to hear back and get in, I would drop all of my other interviews or acceptances to be as fair as possible to others. It's a crapshoot and I promise my application is not stellar and my stats aren't jaw-dropping - I'm extremely grateful for what I have so far and it was never my intention to be demeaning/unappreciative/ or to boast. To that end, I apologize if I've hurt anyone's feelings. Best of luck in the cycle

/endrant

SAS1908

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Man y'all are funny lol. Assumptions are the lowest form of intelligence, and I am forever amazed at how entitled people on this site can be. Let people receive whatever they get during this process and please for God's sake learn to be happy for other people's successes. Again, everyone will end up where they are meant to be regardless of if someone is holding 20 interview slots or not. What's for you will not miss you and what misses you was never for you in the first place.

limeyguydr

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
May 16, 2018
Status
Pre-Medical
Man y'all are funny lol. Assumptions are the lowest form of intelligence, and I am forever amazed at how entitled people on this site can be. Let people receive whatever they get during this process and please for God's sake learn to be happy for other people's successes. Again, everyone will end up where they are meant to be regardless of if someone is holding 20 interview slots or not. What's for you will not miss you and what misses you was never for you in the first place.
this was really eloquently written and applicable to much more than just this app cycle. the last sentence is gonna be my new go-to phrase when I feel like I'm missing out on things. Thank you for that

SAS1908

2+ Year Member
Dec 10, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
this was really eloquently written and applicable to much more than just this app cycle. the last sentence is gonna be my new go-to phrase when I feel like I'm missing out on things. Thank you for that
Anytime! I’m glad it resonated with you. This process is already hard enough and some people on here can be so malicious and nasty. I really do wish you and everyone else on here the best!

Sep 29, 2018
For those who've interviewed, how long did it take for your host to contact you if you signed up for a student host? or should I go ahead and book my own accommodations?
I emailed the address they listed and they said they try to match around 2 weeks before the interview, but sometimes they don't match until 1 week before an interview. But they've never not matched anyone.

Reactions: throwawaylol
Mar 19, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I emailed the address they listed and they said they try to match around 2 weeks before the interview, but sometimes they don't match until 1 week before an interview. But they've never not matched anyone.
Thanks! I emailed them and they basically said to just hold on.

google12

2+ Year Member
May 16, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I submitted secondary 8/30 and was complete and under review today (9/4)
Whaaaaaat good for you but what secret sauce do you have in your app lol

Kirby Smart

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
I guess you miss my point. Which is to point out how choosey and entitled to those particular preferences some applicants can get while simultaneously turning the interview process into a collection game after 5 or so invites. Some people won’t even get a single invite or more than one.. so do not have the thought to spare towards the ambiance of NOLA and culture vs any hopeful school they wish would give them a chance. Humility is a good trait you know.
Haha you have to not get so triggered by people having interviews or you’re going to be miserable until you get them. No need to project your insecurities on others. He/she has the right to care about a school that he/she applied to.

Last edited:

mmchick

2+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
  • Haha
Reactions: Kirby Smart

Ghee_Buttersnaps

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
Apr 17, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Congrats! What dates are available?
Jan 23rd and 24th are the first available. There were also two dates in February and two in early March but I can't see the calendar anymore now that I've signed up.

Last edited:

Kirby Smart

2+ Year Member
May 21, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Lol, no assumptions here, just read your little rants @mmchick

Jun 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Finally marked complete this evening after nearly two months of being under review

Jul 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Anyone have their interview here yet? How was it?
Tulane probably has the most laid-back interview you'll have all cycle. It's a long day and there's a fair amount of walking, so if you're wearing heels be sure to wear comfortable ones (and definitely bring comfy shoes to change into for the tour at the end). The sequence of events in the day is as follows: Introduction, patient simulation, faculty interview, student lunch interview, tour. Everyone on my day was kind, enthusiastic, and genuinely wanted us to be comfortable and express our unique personalities. As they mention in the email, it is truly just having a conversation, rather than being grilled from a set list of questions. My advice: relax, take several slow deep breaths, and understand that everyone on your interview day wants you to succeed. Ask questions to all the various people you'll meet that day, as everyone has insight on the school that will help inform your choice. If you can stay with a student host the night before, I highly recommend it! Explore the city and get a feel for its unique culture; as all the locals will tell you, there's no place like it on Earth.

Best of luck to all interviewing!

Jul 11, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Also, side note: CASPer is not currently being used as an admissions metric, but Tulane is tracking it in order to determine whether it correlates with success in the interview and academic success in the med school later on. They're currently evaluating its validity, so it won't be used against you this cycle.

Source: Dean of Admissions

Dec 28, 2018
ok so i submitted my secondary, and everything has a green check park except for the the in progress, which still is red. Any idea why this would be? Do they send complete emails?

Reactions: premed20172017

Brokenrib

2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2016
I find this process super strange.. I submitted 8/29 and got a complete and under review email under a week after. I don't have high stats but I would say I'm a great fit for their mission with great EC? Idk maybe it's just an automatic sorting into the R pile lol.

HighYieldOnly

premed killa -> killa docta?
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I find this process super strange.. I submitted 8/29 and got a complete and under review email under a week after. I don't have high stats but I would say I'm a great fit for their mission with great EC? Idk maybe it's just an automatic sorting into the R pile lol.
Tulane could likely have median stats like 3.8/515 if they wanted to select for GPA and MCAT due to being an awesome school and having so many applicants. They seem more focused on other parts of your app.

Brokenrib

2+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2016
Tulane could likely have median stats like 3.8/515 if they wanted to select for GPA and MCAT due to being an awesome school and having so many applicants. They seem more focused on other parts of your app.
That's very true! Well, I'll cross my fingers they see some things they like in my app. Maybe they filter apps for hours of volunteering/leadership? As in when they look at it I mean. Or maybe it's all random who knows:shrug:

Jan 8, 2018

Nugester

2+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
9/20 interview crew coming up!

Jul 10, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Complete 8/21 and under review 9/11, Is this a good thing? Also, how long are people typically under review for?