Pre-Medical
Put on hold for possible interview. OOS

Makeeveryoneproud31

just trying to make it
2+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Didn't get any news yet, but it seems like they put on hold the "lower stat" applicants with an overall strong profile?

About the Ads
Sep 6, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
on hold

May 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Seems like literally everyone is on hold. lol

Reactions: EmbryonalCarcinoma
About the Ads
About the Ads
Aug 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
also on hold f this. i have 3 IIs right now, but wasamreally interested in tulanes Md/MPH in global health. really unique program not found in many places.

Aug 15, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got thrown into the "Hold for Possible Interview" category...yay? Seems like that's where they're at now. Under review July 25.

Makeeveryoneproud31

just trying to make it
2+ Year Member
Dec 30, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Just got thrown into the "Hold for Possible Interview" category...yay? Seems like that's where they're at now. Under review July 25.
they sent out emails this late?

About the Ads
Jul 7, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Is silence at this point any better than a hold? I feel like they've filled their interviews at this point and on hold is a waitlist to interview and silence is just an upcoming R. I'm so confused with the process of this school it makes no sense to me. Submitted 7/20, under review 8/11. No communication from them since.

imbesrs

I'm a great value.
Mar 31, 2019
www.walmart.com
Status
Pre-Medical
Is silence at this point any better than a hold? I feel like they've filled their interviews at this point and on hold is a waitlist to interview and silence is just an upcoming R. I'm so confused with the process of this school it makes no sense to me. Submitted 7/20, under review 8/11. No communication from them since.
Most ppl who got holds were people who havent heard back for 2 months. R’s are given out for those “def not it for this school” candidates. Im 8/9 UR with nothing back as well. Theres probably so few interview spots left that they are really meticulously picking from a large bunch and it probably just takes a while

Sep 18, 2018
Most ppl who got holds were people who havent heard back for 2 months. R’s are given out for those “def not it for this school” candidates. Im 8/9 UR with nothing back as well. Theres probably so few interview spots left that they are really meticulously picking from a large bunch and it probably just takes a while
I’m confused, so have most schools already given out the majority of their interviews at this point?

imbesrs

I'm a great value.
Mar 31, 2019
www.walmart.com
Status
Pre-Medical
I’m confused, so have most schools already given out the majority of their interviews at this point?
No just tulane and pritzker i think (im not in that schools league let alone planet). They operate at a really fast schedule and send most II’s out in july and august. 99% of schools being complete by this week if youre a strong candidate is fine.

Sep 18, 2018
No just tulane and pritzker i think (im not in that schools league let alone planet). They operate at a really fast schedule and send most II’s out in july and august. 99% of schools being complete by this week if youre a strong candidate is fine.
Oh ok, thanks!

Jun 13, 2018
found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye

ayjaystudent

2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Tulane: We already have interviews booked into spring

Decent applicant: Hey there!

Tulane: f*** this, we have too many applicants just give them another category to be in that is not a rejection, but also is kind of a rejection

Has Tulane sent any rejection at all? It seems that it's either II or "On Hold".

Jeremy Bearimy

Human form of the 100 emoji
Bronze Donor
May 21, 2019
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye
The cycle isn’t over for Tulane, but I would say considering how far out they are scheduling interviews at this point, it may not be the most cost effective application to submit. If you super love Tulane or are rolling in it, you could go for it, but if you have another school you like anywhere near as much, I would spend your money there.

Has Tulane sent any rejection at all? It seems that it's either II or "On Hold".
Tulane has sent out rejections, yes.

About the Ads