2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still have that red exclamation mark next to in progress for a month now.... :smack:

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Been in review since 7/9... surprised to not have heard anything yet considering the number of holds today.

LM 65

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete since 7/9. Still absolutely zero communication since.

Reactions: 3 users
also on hold f this. i have 3 IIs right now, but wasamreally interested in tulanes Md/MPH in global health. really unique program not found in many places.

Reactions: 1 users
So interviews are pretty much gone and then they put a bunch of people on hold.

Lol this school....

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got thrown into the "Hold for Possible Interview" category...yay? Seems like that's where they're at now. Under review July 25.

Complete 7/22, Under Review 8/22, still under review...

Reactions: 6 users
Is silence at this point any better than a hold? I feel like they've filled their interviews at this point and on hold is a waitlist to interview and silence is just an upcoming R. I'm so confused with the process of this school it makes no sense to me. Submitted 7/20, under review 8/11. No communication from them since.

Is silence at this point any better than a hold? I feel like they've filled their interviews at this point and on hold is a waitlist to interview and silence is just an upcoming R. I'm so confused with the process of this school it makes no sense to me. Submitted 7/20, under review 8/11. No communication from them since.

Most ppl who got holds were people who havent heard back for 2 months. R’s are given out for those “def not it for this school” candidates. Im 8/9 UR with nothing back as well. Theres probably so few interview spots left that they are really meticulously picking from a large bunch and it probably just takes a while

Most ppl who got holds were people who havent heard back for 2 months. R’s are given out for those “def not it for this school” candidates. Im 8/9 UR with nothing back as well. Theres probably so few interview spots left that they are really meticulously picking from a large bunch and it probably just takes a while
I’m confused, so have most schools already given out the majority of their interviews at this point?

I’m confused, so have most schools already given out the majority of their interviews at this point?
No just tulane and pritzker i think (im not in that schools league let alone planet). They operate at a really fast schedule and send most II’s out in july and august. 99% of schools being complete by this week if youre a strong candidate is fine.

No just tulane and pritzker i think (im not in that schools league let alone planet). They operate at a really fast schedule and send most II’s out in july and august. 99% of schools being complete by this week if youre a strong candidate is fine.
Oh ok, thanks!

Hey y'all! I am a T1 at Tulane and have some free time if anyone has any questions you can DM me or comment here and I'll try and get back to ya!

found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye

Tulane: We already have interviews booked into spring

Decent applicant: Hey there!

Tulane: f*** this, we have too many applicants just give them another category to be in that is not a rejection, but also is kind of a rejection

Has Tulane sent any rejection at all? It seems that it's either II or "On Hold".

found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
The cycle isn’t over for Tulane, but I would say considering how far out they are scheduling interviews at this point, it may not be the most cost effective application to submit. If you super love Tulane or are rolling in it, you could go for it, but if you have another school you like anywhere near as much, I would spend your money there.

Has Tulane sent any rejection at all? It seems that it's either II or "On Hold".
Tulane has sent out rejections, yes.

Reactions: 7 users

Yeah there have been plenty of rejections. You might have to go a ways back in this thread to see them though. I believe there were 2 to 3 rounds of rejections already here.

I’m sorry to hear that. You seem to have great stats, so I’m sure you’ll get in elsewhere. :( Was it a post-Interview rejection for EDP? I’m wondering if they’re sending out decisions already for those who interviewed for EDP.

Actually nvm, I think I misunderstood. You didn’t apply EDP at Tulane...

Anyone still planning to submit a secondary? Received it a few days ago and thinking I want to do it anyway.

Anyone still planning to submit a secondary? Received it a few days ago and thinking I want to do it anyway.
I'd personally recommend to save your $150 (or $67 if FAP). I submitted my secondary on 8/1, and am still under review. And According to this sub, interview slots are already in Spring which means not many left.

However, I also understand the itch of "what if", especially if you're a very high stats and strong EC applicant. Only you can decide.

I'm not in the hold, A, or R group, but to my knowledge of the previous thread, I do not believe this is soft rejection as other people have been stating

Interview received today (9/13), submitted 8/30, under review 9/4.

Edit: Scheduled Feb 6th, looks like Feb 7th is still available and 2 dates in March. I should have looked before I submitted, sorry.

I am grateful to receive anything at all. I have a sub 50th percentile MCAT and a 3.2 from undergrad so there is hope! It seems maybe I match the mission statement of the school well? Although I would not recommend to anyone to apply so late to a school notoriously known for filling the class so early. You guys got this!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users

Wow quick turnaround - but there's hope after all! Not sure if for me considering I was complete 8/13.. but nonetheless it's something, congrats!

Edit: Scheduled Feb 6th, looks like Feb 7th is still available and 2 dates in March. I should have looked before I submitted, sorry.
TULANE IS ALIVE AGAIN! Finally some more II's :) Congrats! Hoping we see some more good news on this board

Reactions: 8 users

I am grateful to receive anything at all. I have a sub 50th percentile MCAT and a 3.2 from undergrad so there is hope! It seems maybe I match the mission statement of the school well? Although I would not recommend to anyone to apply so late to a school notoriously known for filling the class so early. You guys got this!
You are probably super awesome!!! ;)

To all my fellow people on hold, I’m assuming that because Tulane sends out interviews super quickly and far in advance, there actually might be some movement off of the hold list for interviews as I’m guessing some people will cancel their interviews at Tulane if they receive an acceptance somewhere else they would prefer to attend starting mid-October, so I’m not going to lose hope! *also this is just my theory not necessarily based on anything other than the fact that apparently there is movement off of hold status from previous threads*

Reactions: 5 users