You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Tulane
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Still have that red exclamation mark next to in progress for a month now.... 

gumdrop1897
New Member
Damn, is everyone on hold? +17 or whatever, under review 8/22
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been in review since 7/9... surprised to not have heard anything yet considering the number of holds today.
LM 65
LM 65
Joining the on hold crowd too...
chillThis is what we like to call a courtesy rejection
D
deleted994889
Joining the on hold crowd too...
+1 another one bites the (hold) dust
D
deleted994889
1. Love your outlook
2. Love your username, can definitely relate
Hahahaha thanks but tbh I’m actually not normal........ 😉
I'm pretty normal. Until I'm chasing a stray cat down the street
7
756034
Complete since 7/9. Still absolutely zero communication since.
Have you gone into review at least?
Yep, meant to say under review since 7/9Have you gone into review at least?
So interviews are pretty much gone and then they put a bunch of people on hold.
Lol this school....
Lol this school....
emoryundergrad2020
Full Member
What do the numbers with the + mean?
Just got thrown into the "Hold for Possible Interview" category...yay? Seems like that's where they're at now. Under review July 25.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted820490
they sent out emails this late?Just got thrown into the "Hold for Possible Interview" category...yay? Seems like that's where they're at now. Under review July 25.
"Just" is a little relative haha...got it at 5 pm.they sent out emails this late?
Complete 7/22, Under Review 8/22, still under review...
Complete 7/22, Under Review 8/22, still under review...
+1, but under review 8/16
I'm also oN HoLd
When were you complete?I'm also oN HoLd
What do the numbers with the + mean?
It means, “same here”
Is silence at this point any better than a hold? I feel like they've filled their interviews at this point and on hold is a waitlist to interview and silence is just an upcoming R. I'm so confused with the process of this school it makes no sense to me. Submitted 7/20, under review 8/11. No communication from them since.
+1 , still under review, complete and under review on 7/11Complete 7/22, Under Review 8/22, still under review...
Is silence at this point any better than a hold? I feel like they've filled their interviews at this point and on hold is a waitlist to interview and silence is just an upcoming R. I'm so confused with the process of this school it makes no sense to me. Submitted 7/20, under review 8/11. No communication from them since.
Most ppl who got holds were people who havent heard back for 2 months. R’s are given out for those “def not it for this school” candidates. Im 8/9 UR with nothing back as well. Theres probably so few interview spots left that they are really meticulously picking from a large bunch and it probably just takes a while
I’m confused, so have most schools already given out the majority of their interviews at this point?Most ppl who got holds were people who havent heard back for 2 months. R’s are given out for those “def not it for this school” candidates. Im 8/9 UR with nothing back as well. Theres probably so few interview spots left that they are really meticulously picking from a large bunch and it probably just takes a while
No just tulane and pritzker i think (im not in that schools league let alone planet). They operate at a really fast schedule and send most II’s out in july and august. 99% of schools being complete by this week if youre a strong candidate is fine.I’m confused, so have most schools already given out the majority of their interviews at this point?
Oh ok, thanks!No just tulane and pritzker i think (im not in that schools league let alone planet). They operate at a really fast schedule and send most II’s out in july and august. 99% of schools being complete by this week if youre a strong candidate is fine.
tobrittany
Full Member
Hey y'all! I am a T1 at Tulane and have some free time if anyone has any questions you can DM me or comment here and I'll try and get back to ya!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi! i have questions but i think your PM is turned offHey y'all! I am a T1 at Tulane and have some free time if anyone has any questions you can DM me or comment here and I'll try and get back to ya!
a_little_stitious
New Member
Complete 7/22, Under Review 8/22, still under review...
+1, under review since 8/12
found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye
What does on hold even meanJust got an “on hold” email. Lol
Tulane: We already have interviews booked into spring
Decent applicant: Hey there!
Tulane: f*** this, we have too many applicants just give them another category to be in that is not a rejection, but also is kind of a rejection
Has Tulane sent any rejection at all? It seems that it's either II or "On Hold".
Not to my knowledge, I was just being pessimistic lolHas Tulane sent any rejection at all? It seems that it's either II or "On Hold".
The cycle isn’t over for Tulane, but I would say considering how far out they are scheduling interviews at this point, it may not be the most cost effective application to submit. If you super love Tulane or are rolling in it, you could go for it, but if you have another school you like anywhere near as much, I would spend your money there.found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye
Tulane has sent out rejections, yes.Has Tulane sent any rejection at all? It seems that it's either II or "On Hold".
Has Tulane sent any rejection at all? It seems that it's either II or "On Hold".
Yeah there have been plenty of rejections. You might have to go a ways back in this thread to see them though. I believe there were 2 to 3 rounds of rejections already here.
found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye
I’m sorry to hear that. You seem to have great stats, so I’m sure you’ll get in elsewhere. 🙁 Was it a post-Interview rejection for EDP? I’m wondering if they’re sending out decisions already for those who interviewed for EDP.
I'd personally recommend to save your $150 (or $67 if FAP). I submitted my secondary on 8/1, and am still under review. And According to this sub, interview slots are already in Spring which means not many left.Anyone still planning to submit a secondary? Received it a few days ago and thinking I want to do it anyway.
However, I also understand the itch of "what if", especially if you're a very high stats and strong EC applicant. Only you can decide.
D
deleted820490
I'm not in the hold, A, or R group, but to my knowledge of the previous thread, I do not believe this is soft rejection as other people have been stating
Interview received today (9/13), submitted 8/30, under review 9/4.
Edit: Scheduled Feb 6th, looks like Feb 7th is still available and 2 dates in March. I should have looked before I submitted, sorry.
I am grateful to receive anything at all. I have a sub 50th percentile MCAT and a 3.2 from undergrad so there is hope! It seems maybe I match the mission statement of the school well? Although I would not recommend to anyone to apply so late to a school notoriously known for filling the class so early. You guys got this!
Edit: Scheduled Feb 6th, looks like Feb 7th is still available and 2 dates in March. I should have looked before I submitted, sorry.
I am grateful to receive anything at all. I have a sub 50th percentile MCAT and a 3.2 from undergrad so there is hope! It seems maybe I match the mission statement of the school well? Although I would not recommend to anyone to apply so late to a school notoriously known for filling the class so early. You guys got this!
Last edited:
Interview received today (9/13), submitted 8/30, under review 9/4.
Wow! You probably have what they're looking for! That's a really fast turn-around.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview received today (9/13), submitted 8/30, under review 9/4.
Wow quick turnaround - but there's hope after all! Not sure if for me considering I was complete 8/13.. but nonetheless it's something, congrats!
7
756034
TULANE IS ALIVE AGAIN! Finally some more II's 🙂 Congrats! Hoping we see some more good news on this boardInterview received today (9/13), submitted 8/30, under review 9/4.
Edit: Scheduled Feb 6th, looks like Feb 7th is still available and 2 dates in March. I should have looked before I submitted, sorry.
TULANE IS ALIVE AGAIN! Finally some more II's 🙂 Congrats! Hoping we see some more good news on this board
What month are they offering interview slots in?
You are probably super awesome!!! 😉Interview received today (9/13), submitted 8/30, under review 9/4.
Edit: Scheduled Feb 6th, looks like Feb 7th is still available and 2 dates in March. I should have looked before I submitted, sorry.
I am grateful to receive anything at all. I have a sub 50th percentile MCAT and a 3.2 from undergrad so there is hope! It seems maybe I match the mission statement of the school well? Although I would not recommend to anyone to apply so late to a school notoriously known for filling the class so early. You guys got this!
Interview received today (9/13), submitted 8/30, under review 9/4.
Massive congratulations!!!!!! That is awesome!