2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Tulane screen for secondaries?

No! MSAR says their secondary is sent to all applicants

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I also have a red exclamation mark beside LORs, but they're listed as received right next to the exclamation mark. My undergrad school doesn't have a pre-health committee, so I just went with what they have listed: "A committee letter packet is required. A pre-health or a pre-medical committee will suffice. In the absence of a committee at your school, three recommendations are required. Two letters must be from science professors and one can be from a professional (professor/ supervisor) of your choosing. "
I just submitted, and my LOR is showing the same... received but with the red exclamation mark. Has yours been updated?

I just submitted, and my LOR is showing the same... received but with the red exclamation mark. Has yours been updated?

Mine has been updated with green check marks and received another email this morning saying, “We would like to inform you that your application is complete and under review. You will receive another email once a decision is made on your application. We thank you for your continued patience with the application process and we wish you success.”

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
did you guys only talk about medically-related community service for the community service prompt or any kind of community service you've done?

Do we know if they start putting people under review chronologically?

did you guys only talk about medically-related community service for the community service prompt or any kind of community service you've done?
I only talked about non-medical but health related volunteering, but I don't think they would doc you for talking about clinical experience. It's all about how you can tie it back to "passion for medicine"

Do we know if they start putting people under review chronologically?

I don’t know but I submitted my secondary the first day it was sent out and was part of the first batch to be placed under review.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
These schools gotta stop playing with not sending secondaries :nailbiting::nailbiting::yeahright:

Reactions: 13 users
For the hobbies question on the secondary, is it okay to copy and paste my hobbies from the work/activity section of my primary app?

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 taking CASPer tomorrow and have yet to receive this secondary. I think it's possible.

Don't think it has anything to do with it. I took Casper on June 2nd, I think, and was verified in time for the first batch of apps.

Don't think it has anything to do with it. I took Casper on June 2nd, I think, and was verified in time for the first batch of apps.

And I took CASPer in May, was verified day 1, and still don’t have a secondary.

• Angry
Reactions: 11 users
I wonder why they don't send secondaries out in bigger batches like most schools? I'm really starting to get super antsy about not having received it yet, considering Tulane places so much value on early apps

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder why they don't send secondaries out in bigger batches like most schools? I'm really starting to get super antsy about not having received it yet, considering Tulane places so much value on early apps
Me too. Still nothing for me.

I think there's still time.

Based on last years thread, their earliest interview invites should start the week of the 15th.

You'll probably get it this coming week.

I think there's still time.

Based on last years thread, their earliest interview invites should start the week of the 15th.

You'll probably get it this coming week.
This is much too reasonable. Could you reword it to feed my neuroticism?

Reactions: 7 users
This is much too reasonable. Could you reword it to feed my neuroticism?

There is no hope. They sent out all their secondaries already meaning you did not make the cut if you didn't get one yet. Not only this, but they're also contacting every single school you applied to, to tell them to do the same. Better luck next year.

• Sad
Reactions: 20 users
Does Tulane not send out secondaries until after completing CASPer?
Nope, I have not completed the CASPer (testing on the 18th) and I received my secondary on the 3rd.

For those of you who answered Tulane's 60 word underrepresented prompt, did you just state, "I identify as XYZ," or did you go into greater detail?

For those of you who answered Tulane's 60 word underrepresented prompt, did you just state, "I identify as XYZ," or did you go into greater detail?

I went into a little more detail than that but not much since it’s 60 words...

Nope, I have not completed the CASPer (testing on the 18th) and I received my secondary on the 3rd.
+1 I received my secondary on 7/3, submitted 7/4, and am scheduled to take the CASPer on 7/18

For those of you who are complete, do you have all green checks? I have a green check next to everything including application complete. But then at the bottom there is one red exclamation point next to like status or something I forget the word.

For those of you who are complete, do you have all green checks? I have a green check next to everything including application complete. But then at the bottom there is one red exclamation point next to like status or something I forget the word.

IMG_4493.JPG

I received and submitted 07/03, and I didn’t get that last green mark until 07/05, which was when they emailed me telling me my app was complete and under review!

I'm the same way currently

Hey there,
So I didn't really realize I needed to do CASPer until three days ago (don't judge me haha). I did it today, but I know the scores take 3 weeks. I submitted my secondary today as well. Am I "on the queue"/"in line to be reviewed" or will I be behind 12,000 applicants that submit the next three weeks whilst I wait for my CASPer scores?
Does this question even make sense?
Thanks a bunch.:banana:

Hey there,
So I didn't really realize I needed to do CASPer until three days ago (don't judge me haha). I did it today, but I know the scores take 3 weeks. I submitted my secondary today as well. Am I "on the queue"/"in line to be reviewed" or will I be behind 12,000 applicants that submit the next three weeks whilst I wait for my CASPer scores?
Does this question even make sense?
Thanks a bunch.:banana:
Also interested in this as I only took CASPer this weekend

Also interested in this as I only took CASPer this weekend
Something that make y’all feel better. I checked on my casper results and they had been sent to schools in less than 1 week ( I took it June 13). I was surprised !

• Love
secondary finally received! (verified 5/30)

Anyone know how to go about the optional essay
Do i just write I am Latino or do I have to give a story

Anyone submit their application last Friday or this weekend and still waiting for complete email?

Anyone know how to go about the optional essay
Do i just write I am Latino or do I have to give a story

I would explain a little bit. Not all Latinos are considered URM. As one myself, I chose not to select underrepresented because I grew up very whitewashed.

Also still waiting :( I was verified like 6/11... boy am I starting to get distraught about this one

Y’all need to chill! Their website says they send secondaries to everyone. I’m sure they’re just taking their time to reduce the workload on their end. It’s only the second week of July.

Y’all need to chill! Their website says they send secondaries to everyone. I’m sure they’re just taking their time to reduce the workload on their end. It’s only the second week of July.

They're only freaking out because Tulane is notorious for sending out really early II's, as early as the week of July 15th from last year.

Reactions: 8 users
They're only freaking out because Tulane is notorious for sending out really early II's, as early as the week of July 15th from last year.

Yep, quite a few people were still waiting on their secondaries even after the first sizable batch of interviews went out. Just to add a data point, I did get mine today too, but I really hope everyone else who's waiting gets theirs soon. This is honestly the last school you want to be waiting on a secondary for.

For anyone that submitted/is complete, how long did it take to get that complete email? In the portal I have a check mark next to all parts except "In Progress" and I submitted on 7/4

Saw that it only took two days for the poster above |:

For anyone that submitted/is complete, how long did it take to get that complete email? In the portal I have a check mark next to all parts except "In Progress" and I submitted on 7/4

Saw that it only took two days for the poster above |:
While I think this may seem frustrating, look at it from this perspective: you have your place in line; I am sure they are going through marking submitted applications complete in the order they were submitted. While it may be taking longer than others before you, you are not losing your spot in line.