2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I mean your answer would not be answering the question. (Sorry not trying to be harsh just it says clubs or organizations and so TA does not fit there)

Well the school is an organization, and technically the class is an entity of the school

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, is anyone applying MD/PhD and can't find where the PhD section of the secondary is? Under combined degree programs, I only see MD/MBA and MD/MPH, so not sure if it's missing an option?

Thanks in advance!
My wife just graduated from that program. If you don't get your question answered, I'll ask her if/when gets off from her shift o_O.

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted 7/10 - awaiting a complete email! Good luck all!

Reactions: 2 users
Just FYI if everyone hasn't been watching the news, New Orleans was hit with a bad storm within the past two days and Tulane was literally half under water. AND they are about to be hit by a hurricane on Saturday... so things may slow down a bit (and rightfully so).

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Just FYI if everyone hasn't been watching the news, New Orleans was hit with a bad storm within the past two days and Tulane was literally half under water. AND they are about to be hit by a hurricane on Saturday... so things may slow down a bit (and rightfully so).

Wow, had no idea. That’s awful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep!

Holy cannoli just (finally) got my secondary. So I guess they're still up and running right now!

Or sending out secondaries could be an automated process.
"Tulane's campuses in New Orleans and Elmwood will close tomorrow, Thursday, July 11 through Sunday, July 14. The New Orleans campuses will reopen on Monday, July 15 and classes will resume on Tuesday, July 16. Please visit Tulane.edu/emergency for ongoing updates. "

Definitely not up and running.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got an email saying my application is under review. Sent secondary on 7/7

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
For the fluency in a second language question... Does anyone know if they're asking if you speak it natively? I live and work in a different language but I'm not sure I would say I'm "fluent" as my grammar is mediocre.

Also, if anyone is like me and wrote their responses before completely reading through the application, there are short essays (100 words) if you answer yes to any of the questions:
Have you graduated?
Are you currently working or have worked for one of the following organizations? (Americorps, Peace Corps, Teach for America)
Are you participating or have you participated in a study abroad program at your university?
Are you currently volunteering abroad or have you volunteered abroad?

Fluency means that you don't have to translate at all when you are speaking it. Functionally native

Reactions: 4 users
For the question about volunteering abroad, I volunteered abroad during my study abroad and so I repeated some of what I mentioned in the previous question but should I also mention my volunteering abraod in hs? it's so long ago (10 yrs) I feel like that's ridiculous but otherwise its really just a repeat of the study abroad answer? any input would be greatly appreciated!

For the question about volunteering abroad, I volunteered abroad during my study abroad and so I repeated some of what I mentioned in the previous question but should I also mention my volunteering abraod in hs? it's so long ago (10 yrs) I feel like that's ridiculous but otherwise its really just a repeat of the study abroad answer? any input would be greatly appreciated!

I've heard to leave out things you did i HS unless you continued in after. You can mention it and maybe link to you recent volunteer work abroad. Can I ask what the prompt is if you answer yes to the have you volunteered abroad question? Thanks!

$125 for a secondary lol think imma pass fam

It just says "Please give a short description" for those answers
I've heard to leave out things you did i HS unless you continued in after. You can mention it and maybe link to you recent volunteer work abroad. Can I ask what the prompt is if you answer yes to the have you volunteered abroad question? Thanks!

Secondary received. IS, verified 7/11

finally under review (submitted 7/6) which means finally get to have crippling anxiety about getting an interview

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
finally under review (submitted 7/6) which means finally get to have crippling anxiety about getting an interview

I feel you (I have been under review since tuesday), I have never checked my email so much.

• Wow
same...I feel like my chances at Tulane are going down by the day

same...I feel like my chances at Tulane are going down by the day

If it makes you feel better, Tulane's secondary was the second one I completed. And I still can't submit because I'm waiting for my clinical LOR :hurting:

Just saw on the Tulane website regarding LORs:

"Applicants currently enrolled in a graduate program must submit a letter from their program director"

I'm in a master's program right now. I already submitted my 3 rec letters, along with my secondary. I don't have a letter from my program director but I do have one from a professor in my program. Do I need to contact Tulane about this and explain the situation?
I wouldn’t bother contacting them. I think you’ll be fine.

Any ED applicants get an interview invite yet?

does anyone know if Tulane send secondaries prior to verification being complete?

Just received the secondary...

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Welp, just submitted after receiving secondary this afternoon, better late than never I suppose.

Reactions: 3 users