You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2019-2020 Tulane
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted820490
Okay so the only way to get off hold is for someone to cancel their interview or withdraw out of the acceptance?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hold for me too, under review 8/15.
Trying to remain hopeful.
Trying to remain hopeful.
Anyone from early July still waiting to hear back? Complete 7/9.
D
deleted843384
Hold, under review 8/5
7
756034
7/18 and still waiting to hear. I went into review 8/9Anyone from early July still waiting to hear back? Complete 7/9.
7/18 and still waiting to hear. I went into review 8/9
+1 -- UR 8/13
Pre-II hold today. Complete 7/20, last letter of rec sent 8/20
achilles0619
Full Member
It'll be a miracle if I survive this hold/R wave. Complete 8/9oh noooo here it comes lets get ready under review in August gang
R, under review first week of August
I doubt it’s actually possible to make it out of this list because:Okay so the only way to get off hold is for someone to cancel their interview or withdraw out of the acceptance?
-there are people who are waitlisted after interview that would get in if someone withdraw their acceptance
-they interview about 600 candidates out of 13000 applicants. It’d be very hard for them not to find the 600 they want to interview after initial review.
In other words, we need a miracle. I was put on this lit last year and never made it out
Under review 8/17/19. Hold about an hour ago.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hold
Under review 08/13
Anyone know if there is any meaningful difference between getting the Hard R that some are getting and the Hold?
I'm assuming I will eventually be rejected from this school but does getting the Hold rather than R at least mean that I have no red flags like a bad letter of rec? I've been kind of worrying about 1 one of my letters potentially being bad.
Under review 08/13
Anyone know if there is any meaningful difference between getting the Hard R that some are getting and the Hold?
I'm assuming I will eventually be rejected from this school but does getting the Hold rather than R at least mean that I have no red flags like a bad letter of rec? I've been kind of worrying about 1 one of my letters potentially being bad.
7/18 and still waiting to hear. I went into review 8/9
Sorry, meant I was under review 7/9. Is anyone who went under review in July not heard back? Seems like they are moving on to August now and I haven’t heard anything.
Think @limeyguydrSorry, meant I was under review 7/9. Is anyone who went under review in July not heard back? Seems like they are moving on to August now and I haven’t heard anything.
Got put on hold today
Under review 08/19
Under review 08/19
Under review since 7/9 🙁Anyone from early July still waiting to hear back? Complete 7/9.
ganginguponthesun2020
Full Member
Hold today. Under review 8/7
I'm a current T1 at Tulane University School of Medicine - more than happy to answer any of your questions. Just go ahead and pm me - I'll try to respond whenever I have some time.
On hold (email yesterday), under review 9/2.
Still not under review...I was complete in mid-August.
Nynaevei
Full Member
We have a different timeline as we were Early Decision applicants.For people that heard back from Tulane, did you hear back close to when you got the Application Complete email or does that not really mean anything?
Nynaevei
Full Member
I received an email when I was under review.Got the email for Secondary Application Submitted Successfully on 8/25, do they send another once you are under review or only on the website?
Does anyone else's applicant portal have a red exclamation point under application status? Submitted late August
It means your app is not under review yet. They'll email you when it's being reviewed 🙂Does anyone else's applicant portal have a red exclamation point under application status? Submitted late August
+1Does anyone else's applicant portal have a red exclamation point under application status? Submitted late August
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends if they even look at letters yet. I read that some schools read them after interviews. There are some schools that only look at primary for interview invitations. Curious about this now.
I think I found it out. Under the secondary menu for Tulane, if you click on 'Details about the application process', it says, "During the screening process the contents of the entire application are taken into account, but at this stage of review the greatest emphasis is placed upon an applicant's academic record and letters of evaluation."
So maybe if we get put on Hold instead of Reject, we can at least know that we got no red flags from our lors?
Slightly off topic but it seems weird that they would place the greatest emphasis on academic record and letters of evaluation at this point in the process. Tulane is pretty big on mission and fit, so I would think that plays just as big or larger role in deciding who gets interviews. I got an II last cycle but was placed on hold this cycle. My academics haven't changed at all, and I used the same 3 LOR's as last cycle (added a new one this cycle which I am very confident is a strong letter). I feel for me to have a different result from last cycle they must look at all parts of the application.I think I found it out. Under the secondary menu for Tulane, if you click on 'Details about the application process', it says, "During the screening process the contents of the entire application are taken into account, but at this stage of review the greatest emphasis is placed upon an applicant's academic record and letters of evaluation."
So maybe if we get put on Hold instead of Reject, we can at least know that we got no red flags from our lors?
futuremediguess
Full Member
Under review on 8/16 and still nothing..... what does that mean?
achilles0619
Full Member
Same but under review 8/9. Maybe we have been looked at but they haven't decided to reject/hold/interview yet? Another possibility is that we have not been looked at yet hahaUnder review on 8/16 and still nothing..... what does that mean?
it means they already filled all their interview slots into like march of 2025 and at this point this school has no clue what to do so they're ghosting us all.Under review on 8/16 and still nothing..... what does that mean?
achilles0619
Full Member
Sad but probably trueit means they already filled all their interview slots into like march of 2025 and at this point this school has no clue what to do so they're ghosting us all.
Under review 8/23 and still nothing yet 🙁 not sure what to make of it
Really hoping that enough people with early acceptances bail on their Tulane interviews if they get into places they're sure they want to matriculate to. That way they can make room in Tulane's schedule for those of us who still want a chance at Tulane.it means they already filled all their interview slots into like march of 2025 and at this point this school has no clue what to do so they're ghosting us all.
Sorry to hear that🙁Pre-II R just now. Complete 09/03. Best wishes for you all!
were you complete 9/3 or under review then?
glini22e
Full Member
That's when I was complete. I was under review beginning 09/17.Sorry to hear that🙁
were you complete 9/3 or under review then?
D
deleted1011020
Pre-II R just now. Complete 09/03. Best wishes for you all!
Stats?
glini22e
Full Member
3.9/511/OOSStats?
D
deleted1011020
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
glini22e
Full Member
3.6 / 507 / OOS
Sending love in this unpredictable time <3 <3 <3
glini22e
Full Member
I guess I interpreted "complete" as having submitted everything. I got a confirmation email that everything was submitted. My "under review" email actually said that my app was "complete and under review" -- hope that helps.What is the difference between complete and under review for Tulane? Are they two separate emails?
D
deleted966978
submitted 7/15, under review 8/11, have heard nothing. Tulane pls
victoryatlast8
Full Member
Has anyone gotten a post-II rejection?