Sep 14, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I have no idea. This whole process is unnerving.

Don’t get me wrong, I am ecstatic to have an II.......but it is hard to chill until January. Are the odds of an acceptance decreased as time passes?
I am actually kind of curious about this as well. Do schools have limitations on their admissions as they move through the cycle? X amount of admittances for these 5 interview days, X for these days, etc.

May 27, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I am actually kind of curious about this as well. Do schools have limitations on their admissions as they move through the cycle? X amount of admittances for these 5 interview days, X for these days, etc.
I haven't interviewed at Tulane, nor do I have an II here, but when I interviewed at a different school recently, they said that they do not have a limit on how many people they accept per interview day/per session the committee meets to make offers. I'm sure this varies by school but just fyi based off that, seats can fill up really quickly at some schools.

Now I truly understand why people say earlier interviews are the best.

starbuck2

5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2013
Status
Pre-Medical, Medical Student
So based on MSAR I think there were 18 ED applicants last year? And now we’re estimating 60-80 or even more?? Damn.

• Wow
Reactions: Nynaevei
Jan 8, 2018
So based on MSAR I think there were 18 ED applicants last year? And now we’re estimating 60-80 or even more?? Damn.
Maybe all ED candidates interview on the same day? I can't imagine that the number would increase that much in one year? Who knows, though. ED is super risky, kudos to those of you who decide to do it. I was way too scared to!

Sep 1, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Maybe all ED candidates interview on the same day? I can't imagine that the number would increase that much in one year? Who knows, though. ED is super risky, kudos to those of you who decide to do it. I was way too scared to!
No, I interviewed with no other ED applicants on my day that I know of. It sounds like there were rounds of interviews in August for those folks.

Reactions: premed20172017
Jan 8, 2018
No, I interviewed with no other ED applicants on my day that I know of. It sounds like there were rounds of interviews in August for those folks.
That's wild! I guess in the scheme of things, 60 is still not that many people. I wonder how it influenced the ED acceptance rate this year. Out of curiosity, did they address that?

Sep 1, 2019
Status
Medical Student
So in the MSAR does it specify how many applied versus were accepted? My impression was that number you listed was the number of those applicants that matriculated - but I could be totally wrong and I do not have access to MSAR.

Jan 8, 2018
So in the MSAR does it specify how many applied versus were accepted? My impression was that number you listed was the number of those applicants that matriculated - but I could be totally wrong and I do not have access to MSAR.
I'm not sure. A poster above me put those numbers. I also don't have MSAR. @starbuck2 can you clarify, please?

Sep 1, 2019
Status
Medical Student
That's wild! I guess in the scheme of things, 60 is still not that many people. I wonder how it influenced the ED acceptance rate this year. Out of curiosity, did they address that?
They did not, just went through the process and told me I did things right by applying edp based on my story/application. (I have small children, my family is in NOLA and can support me and the kids kind of deal - plus passionate about the school etc).

Jan 8, 2018
They did not, just went through the process and told me I did things right by applying edp based on my story/application. (I have small children, my family is in NOLA and can support me and the kids kind of deal - plus passionate about the school etc).
Thanks for clarifying! Good luck! It definitely sounds smart that you applied ED. I think ED is a great option for a small number of people, but for others it's risky. You're definitely one of the ones that it makes sense to apply ED. Moving with small kids is NOT fun! I hope it all works out for you!

• Love
Sep 1, 2019
Status
Medical Student
Thanks for clarifying! Good luck! It definitely sounds smart that you applied ED. I think ED is a great option for a small number of people, but for others it's risky. You're definitely one of the ones that it makes sense to apply ED. Moving with small kids is NOT fun! I hope it all works out for you!
Thank you! Good luck with all your applications!

imbesrs

I'm a great value.
Mar 31, 2019
www.walmart.com
Status
Pre-Medical
MSAR tells you accepted/matriculated (same thing for EDP unless one defers), not # of applicants

starbuck2

5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2013
Status
I'm not sure. A poster above me put those numbers. I also don't have MSAR. @starbuck2 can you clarify, please?
Ok, so @NOLA3100 said they interviewed 8/21 and had ~17-19 ED applicants...and also said that someone said there were similar numbers on 8/19. That puts us conservatively at ~35 ED applicants. I interviewed on 8/27 and I believe we had 18, all ED. So that’s 50+ and there could be others.

The MSAR table has a list of applicant data from last year. It lists total number of applicants, interviewed, deferred, etc. and early decision. At the bottom it says matriculated. So I guess it’s unclear whether the 18 ED number was total ED applicants or tota ED accepted/matriculated. Does anyone know if I’m allowed to post a screen shot? I don’t want to get in trouble for posting anything that is not allowed, since I had to pay for msar.

Jan 8, 2018
Ok, so @NOLA3100 said they interviewed 8/21 and had ~17-19 ED applicants...and also said that someone said there were similar numbers on 8/19. That puts us conservatively at ~35 ED applicants. I interviewed on 8/27 and I believe we had 18, all ED. So that’s 50+ and there could be others.

The MSAR table has a list of applicant data from last year. It lists total number of applicants, interviewed, deferred, etc. and early decision. At the bottom it says matriculated. So I guess it’s unclear whether the 18 ED number was total ED applicants or tota ED accepted/matriculated. Does anyone know if I’m allowed to post a screen shot? I don’t want to get in trouble for posting anything that is not allowed, since I had to pay for msar.
@Matthew9Thirtyfive are screenshots ok?

imbesrs

I'm a great value.
Mar 31, 2019
www.walmart.com
Status
Pre-Medical
The 18 ED matriculates are listed under matriculation data for first year class table- hover over the question mark next to the table name. 18 people matriculated from EDP last year. It gives no data regarding how many EDP applicants there were

Sep 1, 2019
Status
Medical Student

I believe someone already posted it earlier in this thread.

HighYieldOnly

premed killa -> killa docta?
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
Just curious, is Tulane true pass/fail?

As in, do they give a class rank to residencies? If so, is it interquartile or nah?

HighYieldOnly

premed killa -> killa docta?
Jun 22, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical

goriku671

5+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2012
La Jolla
Status
Pre-Medical

Heyyy, I think we interviewed on the same day! I think all but one person that day was EDP.

Sidenote: Anyone dare to call Mike Woodson and ask about how many EDP applicants there are and how many have historically gotten accepted? :p

• Haha

starbuck2

5+ Year Member
Jan 8, 2013
Status
I
Heyyy, I think we interviewed on the same day! I think all but one person that day was EDP.

Sidenote: Anyone dare to call Mike Woodson and ask about how many EDP applicants there are and how many have historically gotten accepted? :p
Were you the one who laughed nervously at the adcoms’ jokes? Must’ve been in the same group then.

• Haha

Nora Taylor

nora taylor is tired yet determined
2+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye
If you want to jumpstart being a physician, you should apply to a few DO schools too !

Reactions: SeaHusky

ayjaystudent

2+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye
When did you submit them primaries? This week?

limeyguydr

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
May 16, 2018
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hey, fellow Tulane II holders or previous interviewers... If you'd be so kind as to update this, it would help those in the future

add your interview data here.
check your school's data
here.

Xyzcannon18

2+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
When did you look ? I made this appointment on 9-18. I thought waiting til Jan was torture. Are you having to wait until Feb?
early September, but people may have cancelled in between time, it definitely wasn't available when I looked.

I will have to wait till February. I'll call, maybe I can get it moved to an earlier date, but I don't have any other reason besides rolling admission.

Jan 8, 2018
Just got the “Under Review” email at 12:12 PM EST today on 9/23/19. Submitted my app on 8/2/19. Here’s to an inevitable R based on their interview slots in Jan-Feb
YAY! This means they're FINALLY in August!! I submitted after you, but that's still some movement!

imbesrs

I'm a great value.
Mar 31, 2019
www.walmart.com
Status
Pre-Medical
YAY! This means they're FINALLY in August!! I submitted after you, but that's still some movement!
Just got the “Under Review” email at 12:12 PM EST today on 9/23/19. Submitted my app on 8/2/19. Here’s to an inevitable R based on their interview slots in Jan-Feb
To add data, one of my mates went under review last tues, 9/17/19 at 4:07PM. Submitted Aug 8! He's ORM, no ties, OOS

• Wow
May 30, 2019
Status
Pre-Medical
I was under the impression they had been in August for a while now - I submitted the first week of August and was under review around a week later. There's something else in the algorithm than strictly time as I'm by no means a high stat applicant.

Jan 8, 2018
I was under the impression they had been in August for a while now - I submitted the first week of August and was under review around a week later. There's something else in the algorithm than strictly time as I'm by no means a high stat applicant.
I guess my reviewer is just really slow or I'm not good enough for them :(. I was complete in mid August, and I'm STILL not under review.