2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you look ? I made this appointment on 9-18. I thought waiting til Jan was torture. Are you having to wait until Feb?
early September, but people may have cancelled in between time, it definitely wasn't available when I looked.

I will have to wait till February. I'll call, maybe I can get it moved to an earlier date, but I don't have any other reason besides rolling admission.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the “Under Review” email at 12:12 PM EST today on 9/23/19. Submitted my app on 8/2/19. Here’s to an inevitable R based on their interview slots in Jan-Feb. (Edited this but I'm OOS, ORM, and no ties.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the “Under Review” email at 12:12 PM EST today on 9/23/19. Submitted my app on 8/2/19. Here’s to an inevitable R based on their interview slots in Jan-Feb
YAY! This means they're FINALLY in August!! I submitted after you, but that's still some movement!

Reactions: 4 users
YAY! This means they're FINALLY in August!! I submitted after you, but that's still some movement!
Just got the “Under Review” email at 12:12 PM EST today on 9/23/19. Submitted my app on 8/2/19. Here’s to an inevitable R based on their interview slots in Jan-Feb

To add data, one of my mates went under review last tues, 9/17/19 at 4:07PM. Submitted Aug 8! He's ORM, no ties, OOS

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

I was under the impression they had been in August for a while now - I submitted the first week of August and was under review around a week later. There's something else in the algorithm than strictly time as I'm by no means a high stat applicant.

I was under the impression they had been in August for a while now - I submitted the first week of August and was under review around a week later. There's something else in the algorithm than strictly time as I'm by no means a high stat applicant.
I guess my reviewer is just really slow or I'm not good enough for them :(. I was complete in mid August, and I'm STILL not under review.

R just now. Under review 9/3. Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if Tulane asks for updated transcripts before or after interviews?

I was complete on 7/24 and Under Review on 8/23 and silence :(. Anyone else around the same dates in the same boat? I hope no news really is good news here.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete on 7/24 and Under Review on 8/23 and silence :(. Anyone else around the same dates in the same boat? I hope no news really is good news here.

I was under review on 8/13 and haven't heard since. Should probably hear back in the next couple weeks though.

Reactions: 1 users
Don’t get your hopes up, I’ve been in review since 7/9.

That's good! I think a lot of people completed in July (7/11 myself) received the "hold for interview" email. Still in the running!

Reactions: 3 users
That's good! I think a lot of people completed in July (7/11 myself) received the "hold for interview" email. Still in the running!

Haha thank you for your positivity! Yeah you’re right. I hope some spots will open up for us after oct 15th! :)

Complete 7/18ish, under review 8/9, haven't heard anything. No R, no hold, no II :/

Has anyone who applied ED gotten a rejection? I know they can't send out acceptances until 10/1 but I was just wondering about Rs! TIA!

I know a guy this cycle having lots of success with IIs across T10/ T20 schools. Last week, Tulane was his first R, pre-II. Super super high stats, well rounded.
Go figure.

• Wow
I know a guy this cycle having lots of success with IIs across T10/ T20 schools. Last week, Tulane was his first R, pre-II. Super super high stats, well rounded.
Go figure.
Most likely yield protection. Or not a good fit.

Reactions: 4 users
Most likely yield protection. Or not a good fit.
They stressed at the interview that they love having a well rounded class. I'm sure a sizable portion of their IIs have gone out to said high stat applicants already.

Any fellow ED applicants feeling nauseous? What are your weekend plans? I might go to the park or pool to try relax.

• Haha
Application under review email today. Complete mid August. Not expecting anything though since most interview spots are gone.

Application under review email today. Complete mid August. Not expecting anything though since most interview spots are gone.
Congrats! At least you're under review. I'm still waiting :(

Any fellow ED applicants feeling nauseous? What are your weekend plans? I might go to the park or pool to try relax.
My coworker recommended for me to watch that new dark crystal series on netflix. It's been very absorbing and distracting. I've been reading and exercising as well to try and stay busy and not obsess!

Last edited:
Yes even more so at this point. I wonder if they’ll send out emails at midnight or 7am or a different time. I’m so nervous I can’t even think

I'm still not under review. Do they review everyone, or do they ever reject people without placing them "under review"?

I'm still not under review. Do they review everyone, or do they ever reject people without placing them "under review"?
99% sure everyone gets reviewed. Hang in there, last years thread had people going under around this time from beginning-mid Aug complete dates :/

'Twas the night before ED-mas
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring...
...except for all the ED applicants

Cheers to all us poor souls who went ED this cycle. May our EDMD Santa Claus's grant us acceptances tomorrow.

Reactions: 14 users
Under review since 8/16; I can feel a disturbance in the force--a wave of II's coming soon....Please show us love Tulane!

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
Thx case western for an email at 5:30am today advertising their masters in anatomy program.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
any EDP folks get a call or email yet? I'm waiting anxiously by my phone....:sick:

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Same, still waiting. Rough morning.
I promise you guys if I hear anything at all I will post immediately. Hopefully you guys will too so the rest of us know the news is on the way! ❤️

Reactions: 5 users
Wishing all EDP applicants here all the best! No matter the decision, do not place your self-worth on a med school admission- you are more than that!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Wishing all EDP applicants here all the best! No matter the decision, do not place your self-worth on a med school admission- you are more than that!
Thank you sir, good luck to you as well!

TULANE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE CLASS OF 2024!

It’s coming guys! See you all hopefully next summer!!!

Edit: For the neurotic like me who comb through past forums for information I received an acceptance email at approximately 11:20 am Utah time, as did most others on here it seems.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 40 users