Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 I interview back on 11/8 so its been a month of just waiting. currently LLU is my top choice (also Im non SDA)they usually call on the 2nd Thursday of the month- I'm really hoping to hear tomorrow
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
+1 I interview back on 11/8 so its been a month of just waiting. currently LLU is my top choice (also Im non SDA)they usually call on the 2nd Thursday of the month- I'm really hoping to hear tomorrow
3.7 516 not SDA but very active christianmind sharing stats?
Nothing, I've been complete since October. I'm hoping Loma Linda is just a little behind this year, not sure if that's the case however.Anyone heard anything yet today??
not yet. it is still 11 am in California though!Anyone heard anything yet today??
I am non SDA, but a ChristianCongrats!! Are you both SDA?
Congrats!! Are you both SDA?
Did you write that you were SDA on your app? I know a lot of people who say they’re not SDA but on their application they say they are SDA.I am non SDA, but a Christian
No I did not say I was SDA on my application. I was honest about my background. My dad was a youth minister when I was growing up and is now a theology professor at a christian university so I've been around the church my whole life but not super familiar with SDA.Did you write that you were SDA on your app? I know a lot of people who say they’re not SDA but on their application they say they are SDA.
How can we join?For those of you with Facebook, I just started a Facebook group: "Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2025"
current MS1 here, lol don't mean to burst your bubble but they actually make a group for yall later. I'd expect to get word about it within the next 1-2 months. Congrats on your acceptance though! Hope you get time to relax these next few months!For those of you with Facebook, I just started a Facebook group: "Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2025"
Great! Thanks so much 🙂No I did not say I was SDA on my application. I was honest about my background. My dad was a youth minister when I was growing up and is now a theology professor at a christian university so I've been around the church my whole life but not super familiar with SDA.
Thank you! The official group will be even better.current MS1 here, lol don't mean to burst your bubble but they actually make a group for yall later. I'd expect to get word about it within the next 1-2 months. Congrats on your acceptance though! Hope you get time to relax these next few months!
The school provides us with a short white coat that we use for clinical skills training and a stethoscope. You will need to get your own scrubs and lab coat for anatomy lab. Most students bought their white coats during orientation from the school for $40 (I think we get 2 pairs for that price...but I don't know anyone who's gotten their second). Most people wear scrubs, but I've seen people wear all sorts of things during anatomy lab like jeans - it doesn't matter as long as you don't mind it getting dirty. I just bought the cheapest set of scrubs I could find on amazon.For current students, does Loma Linda provide you with a white coat and stethoscope and what color scrubs do you wear in lab?
Anyone receive any II lately? I was completed early October, which I know isn't super early, but I'm hopeful that they're still sending them out,
Woah! That's a quick turn around time! Mind sharing your stats?Just finished my interview here, both of my interviewers were extremely kind and the whole process was very laid back.
Received my II 12/13
Congrats on your acceptance! I'd email or call them about this before the holiday recess. However I believe you should still be able to log into where you did for your secondaries to check on your next steps. I think it did take a bit of time for them to update the portal but since it's been almost 2 weeks since your call I'd hit them up just to make sure you didn't miss anything. Hope that helpsHello everyone, I got accepted to LLU and had a question. I got the acceptance call on December 10th but I have not got an acceptance email yet. So I do not know my account info to log in to the student portal to complete the next steps. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Thank you so much! Yes I could log onto the portal where I did my secondary but the portal is not updated. Seems like the steps are for students that got accepted last year. But still think the next steps are the same.Congrats on your acceptance! I'd email or call them about this before the holiday recess. However I believe you should still be able to log into where you did for your secondaries to check on your next steps. I think it did take a bit of time for them to update the portal but since it's been almost 2 weeks since your call I'd hit them up just to make sure you didn't miss anything. Hope that helps
Students are on break but I think administration is still open today until 4 PM PST and tomorrow until 12 pm before going on break until early JanuaryDoes anyone know if they're already on break?
what counts as shaky numbers?I’m hoping for a II as well (SDA that lives in the area), but my numbers are shaky and I was rejected pre-II before.
what counts as shaky numbers?
If it's anything like last year they send IIs until March/AprilIs Loma Linda still sending IIs or are they done for the year? 🙁
Wow that’s pretty late for an MD school but thanks for letting me know!If it's anything like last year they send IIs until March/April
Wouldn't be too surprised if they started back up again soon. I got my acceptance call last year in mid-January.is Loma Linda calling again soon for acceptances?
What do you think holds the most weight to the admissions committee on who they accept? @Shockwaver is it actually holistic or do they just want MCAT scores like most/all other schools?Wouldn't be too surprised if they started back up again soon. I got my acceptance call last year in mid-January.
I think being SDA is given a lot of weight, if not the most weight haha. But aside from that, I think it's more holistic than schools that just want good numbers.What do you think holds the most weight to the admissions committee on who they accept? @Shockwaver is it actually holistic or do they just want MCAT scores like most/all other schools?
It also looks like LLU accepts a majority of their class in January, so hopeful we get some answers next Thursday!
I wish it carried more weight. I’m SDA and was rejected when I applied years ago.I think being SDA is given a lot of weight, if not the most weight haha. But aside from that, I think it's more holistic than schools that just want good numbers.
If you don’t mind sharing, what were your stats? And did you graduate from a SDA university?I wish it carried more weight. I’m SDA and was rejected when I applied years ago.
Oh well...
I graduated from a SDA university.If you don’t mind sharing, what were your stats? And did you graduate from a SDA university?
They definitely take a holistic and thorough look at all their applicants. They state that they have some priority for SDA applicants however I think that fitting the mission and having that line up with what you want to be as a physician in the future holds a ton of weight.What do you think holds the most weight to the admissions committee on who they accept? @Shockwaver is it actually holistic or do they just want MCAT scores like most/all other schools?
It also looks like LLU accepts a majority of their class in January, so hopeful we get some answers next Thursday!
I graduated from a SDA university.
My stats weren’t that hot and that was the main factor why I got rejected.
Nope. Pre-II.Were you interviewed prior to rejection?
My application is currently on hold until I retake my MCAT =/.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.