2020-2021 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am SDA as well, and my interviews seemed to go super well! Im praying that we all find some good news tomorrow! last years trend shows it'll be tomorrow but I'm still not sure what to really expect this cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
they usually call on the 2nd Thursday of the month- I'm really hoping to hear tomorrow
+1 I interview back on 11/8 so its been a month of just waiting. currently LLU is my top choice (also Im non SDA)

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the acceptance call. Interviewed on 11/13. 3.99 GPA and 512 MCAT.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Just got acceptance call as well! Interviewed 11/17, 510 MCAT 3.93 GPA

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
For those of you with Facebook, I just started a Facebook group: "Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2025"

Reactions: 1 user
Got accepted today as well! I had no idea today was the day but I am thrilled, needless to say. I am not SDA, but I am a Christian. Interviewed back in October I think.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you write that you were SDA on your app? I know a lot of people who say they’re not SDA but on their application they say they are SDA.
No I did not say I was SDA on my application. I was honest about my background. My dad was a youth minister when I was growing up and is now a theology professor at a christian university so I've been around the church my whole life but not super familiar with SDA.

What are the odds they call today too? Dont want to wait another month im so anxious 😂

Reactions: 1 users
Received the acceptance call at 6:35 pm central time on Thursday! Interviewed 11/19.

• Love
For those of you with Facebook, I just started a Facebook group: "Loma Linda University School of Medicine Class of 2025"
current MS1 here, lol don't mean to burst your bubble but they actually make a group for yall later. I'd expect to get word about it within the next 1-2 months. Congrats on your acceptance though! Hope you get time to relax these next few months!

No I did not say I was SDA on my application. I was honest about my background. My dad was a youth minister when I was growing up and is now a theology professor at a christian university so I've been around the church my whole life but not super familiar with SDA.
Great! Thanks so much :)

current MS1 here, lol don't mean to burst your bubble but they actually make a group for yall later. I'd expect to get word about it within the next 1-2 months. Congrats on your acceptance though! Hope you get time to relax these next few months!
Thank you! The official group will be even better.

For current students, does Loma Linda provide you with a white coat and stethoscope and what color scrubs do you wear in lab?

For current students, does Loma Linda provide you with a white coat and stethoscope and what color scrubs do you wear in lab?
The school provides us with a short white coat that we use for clinical skills training and a stethoscope. You will need to get your own scrubs and lab coat for anatomy lab. Most students bought their white coats during orientation from the school for $40 (I think we get 2 pairs for that price...but I don't know anyone who's gotten their second). Most people wear scrubs, but I've seen people wear all sorts of things during anatomy lab like jeans - it doesn't matter as long as you don't mind it getting dirty. I just bought the cheapest set of scrubs I could find on amazon.

Anyone receive any II lately? I was completed early October, which I know isn't super early, but I'm hopeful that they're still sending them out,

Anyone receive any II lately? I was completed early October, which I know isn't super early, but I'm hopeful that they're still sending them out,

I’m hoping for a II as well (SDA that lives in the area), but my numbers are shaky and I was rejected pre-II before.

• Care
Just finished my interview here, both of my interviewers were extremely kind and the whole process was very laid back.
Received my II 12/13

Has LLU already rejected folks pre-II already? I remember they did that a few years ago...

Anyone think we might here something today, or will it be after Christmas? I'm praying for some news!

Hello everyone, I got accepted to LLU and had a question. I got the acceptance call on December 10th but I have not got an acceptance email yet. So I do not know my account info to log in to the student portal to complete the next steps. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Hello everyone, I got accepted to LLU and had a question. I got the acceptance call on December 10th but I have not got an acceptance email yet. So I do not know my account info to log in to the student portal to complete the next steps. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Congrats on your acceptance! I'd email or call them about this before the holiday recess. However I believe you should still be able to log into where you did for your secondaries to check on your next steps. I think it did take a bit of time for them to update the portal but since it's been almost 2 weeks since your call I'd hit them up just to make sure you didn't miss anything. Hope that helps

Does anyone know if they're already on break?

Congrats on your acceptance! I'd email or call them about this before the holiday recess. However I believe you should still be able to log into where you did for your secondaries to check on your next steps. I think it did take a bit of time for them to update the portal but since it's been almost 2 weeks since your call I'd hit them up just to make sure you didn't miss anything. Hope that helps
Thank you so much! Yes I could log onto the portal where I did my secondary but the portal is not updated. Seems like the steps are for students that got accepted last year. But still think the next steps are the same.

Is Loma Linda still sending IIs or are they done for the year? :(

is Loma Linda calling again soon for acceptances?
Wouldn't be too surprised if they started back up again soon. I got my acceptance call last year in mid-January.

Wouldn't be too surprised if they started back up again soon. I got my acceptance call last year in mid-January.
What do you think holds the most weight to the admissions committee on who they accept? @Shockwaver is it actually holistic or do they just want MCAT scores like most/all other schools?
It also looks like LLU accepts a majority of their class in January, so hopeful we get some answers next Thursday!

What do you think holds the most weight to the admissions committee on who they accept? @Shockwaver is it actually holistic or do they just want MCAT scores like most/all other schools?
It also looks like LLU accepts a majority of their class in January, so hopeful we get some answers next Thursday!
I think being SDA is given a lot of weight, if not the most weight haha. But aside from that, I think it's more holistic than schools that just want good numbers.

I think being SDA is given a lot of weight, if not the most weight haha. But aside from that, I think it's more holistic than schools that just want good numbers.
I wish it carried more weight. I’m SDA and was rejected when I applied years ago.
Oh well...

If you don’t mind sharing, what were your stats? And did you graduate from a SDA university?
I graduated from a SDA university.

My stats weren’t that hot and that was the main factor why I got rejected.

They definitely take a holistic and thorough look at all their applicants. They state that they have some priority for SDA applicants however I think that fitting the mission and having that line up with what you want to be as a physician in the future holds a ton of weight.

When it comes to acceptances I'm not sure how much of their class they fill up by January but I would say not to count yourself out even if you haven't heard back until April/May (this is post II of course). I believe March/April might be the last set up IIs they send out.