You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Pittsburgh
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1017749
Congrats! when were you complete?II this morning!
anythingmatcha
Full Member
What is the government photo identification they are asking us to upload in addition to a headshot when scheduling the interview? Are they asking us to upload a pic of our driver's license? Just wondering because no other school has asked for this and it seems a little odd
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
7/22! Honestly very surprised by this II since I gave a non-answer to the systemic barriers promptCongrats! when were you complete?

II just now to their MSTP! ORM, IS, complete on 8/1. Pleasantly surprised by this one
What is the government photo identification they are asking us to upload in addition to a headshot when scheduling the interview? Are they asking us to upload a pic of our driver's license? Just wondering because no other school has asked for this and it seems a little odd
Yea it's just asking for a picture of your driver's license. Stony Brook asked me for it too when I recieved their II so a sparse handful of schools do use it.
pls notice me pitty pitt senpai UwU 
u iz my dream skool
u iz my dream skool
D
deleted899789
I do hope their eyes gaze upon [my application], and that my allegiance is recognized *huff huff* idunnopls notice me pitty pitt senpai UwU
u iz my dream skool
Last edited by a moderator:
MollyWeasley
Full Member
To those interviewing, there's a ton of those additional sessions, which do you guys think are more important to attend before interviewing and which could be left for after?
lanadelgay124
Full Member
To those interviewing, there's a ton of those additional sessions, which do you guys think are more important to attend before interviewing and which could be left for after?
I interviewed mid-September, and would recommend the curriculum session, and the student chat session (and of course the research sessions if those are interests of yours).
MollyWeasley
Full Member
Thank youuuu! Those are the ones i had scheduled haha, but the research one there were only two dates and they were in Jan and Feb :/I interviewed mid-September, and would recommend the curriculum session, and the student chat session (and of course the research sessions if those are interests of yours).
D
deleted899789
Congrats! Received today?II, ORM OOS, LM 75, Complete 9/21
D
deleted899789
Awesome! What date is your interview?Yes!!!! First one of the cycle!
lanadelgay124
Full Member
What was the dress code like for those? Casual wear?
Anything you'd like, I believe. In all of the sessions I viewed, we were instructed to keep our cameras off to avoid interference/buffering. I'd avoid pajamas just in case, though.
mindyproject98
Full Member
Did anyone attend the Student Chat session yet? How was it?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted899789
II just now!! First one of cycle!
Congrats!!! When were you complete?II just now!! First one of cycle!
D
deleted899789
Mid-/late-July!Congrats!!! When were you complete?
does this school give merit aid?
First-EVER II as International Applicant! Complete 9/22. Got the interview invite today.
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?First-EVER II as International Applicant! Complete 9/22. Got the interview invite today.
Of course! REALLY surprised since I was complete pretty late.... Dont know anything about Lizzy whatever, but sGPA 3.76 and MCAT 517.Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?
Anon_medgirl
Full Member
Congrats! I submitted 9/27, so this gives me hope that I will hear something soon!II, ORM OOS, LM 75, Complete 9/21
Is it me or does it seem like UPitt is sending out a ton of II's? Like perhaps more than last year?
hellokitty313
New Member
During the curriculum information session, Pitt med said they are going to keep interview invites constant as previous years and make the post-II acceptance rate around 50% still. So I doubt they are sending out more interviews
I think so too. It's nice that they're giving more folks a chance to showcase themselves, me included. However, I will say that the one thing about the cycle that was keeping my spirits high was the chance for acceptance post-II. RIP to thatI feel this will be the case for 2 reasons:
1. Easier to make a Zoom meeting for 7 days in advance than having someone drive/fly out for 3-4 weeks in advance. Although we do not know what the "limit" is to Pitt's resources for interviews.
2. With virtual interviews, less people would willingly decline an interview. Thus, schools want to interview more people because the amount of post-II A withdraws and waitlist movement could rise.

Wow. Amazing, thanksDuring the curriculum information session, Pitt med said they are going to keep interview invites constant as previous years and make the post-II acceptance rate around 50% still. So I doubt they are sending out more interviews
I guess continuing off of that, is anyone aware of roughly how many people get rejected post-II at this school? It's one of my top choices, so I'm just wondering if they place most people on the waitlist who don't get accepted at the start, or like 50% get WL and 50% R of the 50% that don't get accepted
hellokitty313
New Member
For more clarity on the information session, they said they plan on interviewing no more than/around 780 applicants. They then gave historical data that I wrote down:
2020: 734 II, 333A
2019: 665 II, 315A
2018: 739 II, 365A
2017: 796 II, 370A
2016: 846 II, 359A
So in reality, the post II acceptance rate is under 50% but it seems pretty good and they emphasized that they wanted the interviews to still be selective.
2020: 734 II, 333A
2019: 665 II, 315A
2018: 739 II, 365A
2017: 796 II, 370A
2016: 846 II, 359A
So in reality, the post II acceptance rate is under 50% but it seems pretty good and they emphasized that they wanted the interviews to still be selective.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's the infographic they showed during the info session, for anyone who is curious about past interview statistics...
thanks for this info! am I misinterpreting the chart, or is the MSAR reported data for Pitt quite different for median MCAT/GPA?View attachment 320000
Here's the infographic they showed during the info session, for anyone who is curious about past interview statistics...
thanks for this info! am I misinterpreting the chart, or is the MSAR reported data for Pitt quite different for median MCAT/GPA?
I think the median MCAT/GPA values in the table represent matriculants, not accepted students
right this makes sense. I checked the data and it looks like the 2019 metrics here correspond to whats currently up on MSAR for matriculants. thanks for letting me know!I think the median MCAT/GPA values in the table represent matriculants, not accepted students
tunaktunak
Full Member
Did they say anything about how they'll be using VITA during the info sessions? Also, how were people dressed for those info sessions?
Did they say anything about how they'll be using VITA during the info sessions? Also, how were people dressed for those info sessions?
Not from an info session, but I remember the admissions director saying on interview day that they’re looking specifically at questions 3 and 6 which I thought was weirdly specific.
NoEyeEyeGuy
Full Member
does pitt utilize silent rejections?
tunaktunak
Full Member
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Pitt release all decisions on a single day?does pitt utilize silent rejections?
lopsidedegg
Full Member
Yurp 2/19/2021 is what I wrote down during the interview. They snail mail them and update your portal on that day!Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Pitt release all decisions on a single day?
wpneuro
Full Member
does pitt utilize silent rejections?
Some MD/PhD rejections have already come out, so even though I don't know specifically about silent rejections, I think that silence means there's still hope! (at least for MD/PhD, I guess)
Not from an info session, butNot from an info session, but I remember the admissions director saying on interview day that they’re looking specifically at questions 3 and 6 which I thought was weirdly specific.
What's special about Q3 and Q6? I thought we all have different questions for VITA...
I haven’t taken it yet, but they said they were certain subject question banks that the questions are pulled from.
D
deleted1055354
Stats?II! I was complete in mid July, so early peeps don't lose hope!
it was like 15 min, someone from admissions and a handful of other applicants will be in it w/ you. chill and not something you need to prepare for ahead of timeCan anyone shed some light regarding the team leader activity? Was it stressful or pretty chill?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interview was over after that right? I had mine earlier and it just felt like it ended so abruptly afterwards (plz halp!)it was like 15 min, someone from admissions and a handful of other applicants will be in it w/ you. chill and not something you need to prepare for ahead of time
are the interviews closed or open files? can't find any details
Faculty is open but blinded to GPA/MCAT and student is completely blindare the interviews closed or open files? can't find any details
thank you 🙂Faculty is open but blinded to GPA/MCAT and student is completely blind
yep, was like that for me too!The interview was over after that right? I had mine earlier and it just felt like it ended so abruptly afterwards (plz halp!)