2020-2021 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted, interviewed 11/19!!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Just got A for mid November interview 🥺

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the A as well. Any info on scholarships?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For MSTP applicants: has anyone reached out to Dr. Frohman to gauge your chances like he said we could on interview day? I'm tempted to but also find that to be a terrifying prospect.
I did, and I would say it wasn't a bad thing considering I got an offer today!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else with an early October interview not hear back yet?

Got the A as well. Any info on scholarships?
I got accepted back in November and haven't heard anything about this. Not sure if it is something they just didn't get around to yet or if Stony is even big on them? We'll see I guess

Hallelujah! Praise God! First Acceptance!!!!!!! Interviewed 11/13

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
To those of you who were accepted, reserving our seat is non-binding correct? As in we will later get to use the AMCAS Commit to Enroll tool later to decide between schools if we were given multiple acceptances?

To those of you who were accepted, reserving our seat is non-binding correct? As in we will later get to use the AMCAS Commit to Enroll tool later to decide between schools if we were given multiple acceptances?
Yep! Exactly

Members don't see this ad :)
+1 Interviewed 12/18, but they said on that day they were taking a break for holidays, etc, so I think probably end of Jan for us?
Yeah sounds right to me, I was just expecting to hear back this week since it would have been 4 weeks since interview for me. Thanks for the info!

are they still sending interview invites for this school LOL

Just got one a day ago!! My first one :)
Congrats!! I just got my first earlier this week, so I know what a relief this must be. Do you mind sharing stats, complete date, and if you sent an update letter? Thanks!

Congrats!! I just got my first earlier this week, so I know what a relief this must be. Do you mind sharing stats, complete date, and if you sent an update letter? Thanks!
YES, such a relief!! Congrats to you as well!! LM 71, complete late September, no update letter.

Is anyone else who interviewed in October waiting to hear back??? I interviewed Oct 30th and have yet to hear anything.

Does anyone know when Stony Brook typically stops giving out II?

Is anyone else who interviewed in October waiting to hear back??? I interviewed Oct 30th and have yet to hear anything.
I was oct 15th and haven’t heard! I emailed Barbara Miller today and she replied saying my app is complete and they’ll let me know when a decision is reached. Not a very helpful answer but at least I know an email didn’t get lost in the void

is there a fb page for accepted students?
Official FB class page gets created by admin around beginning of June, since there is generally huge waitlist movement and the class doesn't really get finalized until around then. After the first month or two, admin usually hands over the account to students and leaves so it can just be your space. People from older classes generally like to join as well to offer advice/answer questions.

II today! Complete late August, IS

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Just wondering - has Stony pre-II R'd anyone this cycle? I know they used to do that in previous cycles but not so sure for this cycle.

December interviewees, what are your completely baseless guesstimates for those juicy decisions?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
December interviewees, what are your completely baseless guesstimates for those juicy decisions?
I interviewed last week (literally last day) of November and heard back 2 weeks ago so y’all should be up very soon!

Reactions: 4 users
II just now! LM 72.9, URM, OOS, complete 10/13 (ik that's super late... Trust me, I am equally astounded) :) Earliest interview date was early March, and last ones available that I saw were mid March. Keep the hope up, my dudes! Sending only the best vibes :D

Reactions: 9 users
Pre-II R today after being complete in late July. I sent an update two weeks ago, so that may have contributed. LM 76, ORM, OOS

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Pre-II R an hour ago. Complete in August and sent in an update last week too.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
pre-II R.
complete 8/14, sent in two updates since secondary submission.

good luck to the rest of you!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
For those who've interviewed, would y'all happen to know if there's a standard time at which the interview days start for Stony Brook in EST, or are there multiple sessions that are possible? I'm trying to figure out timing so I can mold my work schedule around the interview :) Super nervous and hyped for it all, and I hope to be able to call you all classmates/colleagues by the end of this!

For those who've interviewed, would y'all happen to know if there's a standard time at which the interview days start for Stony Brook in EST, or are there multiple sessions that are possible? I'm trying to figure out timing so I can mold my work schedule around the interview :) Super nervous and hyped for it all, and I hope to be able to call you all classmates/colleagues by the end of this!
Hi there. A few days before my interview, I got a schedule and one was at 1030 and the other was at 1pm (I attended informational sessions the day before so on my actual interview day, I only had the two interviews). I think it may be different for everyone interviewing that day but I am not totally sure. Hope this helps!

Hi there. A few days before my interview, I got a schedule and one was at 1030 and the other was at 1pm (I attended informational sessions the day before so on my actual interview day, I only had the two interviews). I think it may be different for everyone interviewing that day but I am not totally sure. Hope this helps!
Thank you! Really appreciate it :)

Just got an A!!! Interviewed Dec 8th, IS.

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to everyone who got in! Does anyone know if your interview date has been passed in terms of acceptance calls based on the above threads that you are lowkey going to get waitlisted/ rejected? I interviewed first week of December D: I feel so neurotic right now