2020-2021 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to everyone who got in! Does anyone know if your interview date has been passed in terms of acceptance calls based on the above threads that you are lowkey going to get waitlisted/ rejected? I interviewed first week of December D: I feel so neurotic right now

No not necessarily. Some people who interviewed around the same date hear back with an acceptance later than others. If you go back in the thread, there's been people who didn't hear back when others from their interview date or even later dates got accepted, but then they too got accepted a few weeks later. You're still under consideration, so it could go either way!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
For those who interviewed and were accepted, was it a call or an email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody from after December 8 get accepted? Interviewed on December 11 and got zero news today 😔

Accepted this morning (well, yesterday morning since it’s past midnight now!). Interviewed December 3rd, OOS :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if Stony does pre-II rejections or if it is just silent rejections until after the cycle? Thanks

Hello! For those of you that submitted an update letter, did you upload the letter under "Additional Documents" in the school portal and then email the admissions committee that you uploaded it, or just email the update letter directly to admissions?

Hello! For those of you that submitted an update letter, did you upload the letter under "Additional Documents" in the school portal and then email the admissions committee that you uploaded it, or just email the update letter directly to admissions?
I uploaded it and didn’t email

Reactions: 2 users
I did both. Mainly because Barbara Miller said that they don't recheck your file unless you specifically tell them that you've updated it. So if you're just going to upload it to the portal, give her a heads up.

I did both. Mainly because Barbara Miller said that they don't recheck your file unless you specifically tell them that you've updated it. So if you're just going to upload it to the portal, give her a heads up.
Great, thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh damn, thanks for letting us know. I will shoot them an email

on interview day, they told us to email the admissions team if we add something to our file because they won't necessarily know to check

I interviewed 11/13 and silence since then... 😬

are they still interviewing? Or are we pretty much to a silent rejection at this point?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how much financial aid is possible here?

pre II R, complete early oct. i dont have any II yet... rip

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
also dont have any interview invites yet but trying to remain optimistic! just remember everything happens for a reason :)
Ditto on pre-ii rejection. Do have interviews elsewhere but they are in March :/
At this point thinking if I should think about a re-application...sigh

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
would also like to know :')
They're still interviewing! I got my II just a couple days ago and had my interview today (I'm assuming someone gave up their interview spot because the next interview dates I saw were in March). Also, fwiw, I'm IS, complete mid-Sept, and LM 76.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
They're still interviewing! I got my II just a couple days ago and had my interview today (I'm assuming someone gave up their interview spot because the next interview dates I saw were in March). Also, fwiw, I'm IS, complete mid-Sept, and LM 76.
Ahh thank you so much for this! I was also complete mid-Sept so praying for some Stony love

Ahh thank you so much for this! I was also complete mid-Sept so praying for some Stony love
Also got my II a few days ago complete in Aug. Good luck and stay hopeful!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Do we think there is still hope for those of us who have not been hit with an R?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
II earlier today, complete late July

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
aw god damn, they dont have plastics, ENT, or neurosurg. they dont wanna admit potential 22 year olds to be brain surgeons and take up the only spot? unthinkable

• Haha
Does anyone know how many people applying to the 3yearmd actually get accepted? Like do they turn anyone away? :(

Does anyone know how many people applying to the 3yearmd actually get accepted? Like do they turn anyone away? :(
anecdotally from last years thread, i think most people (i think all?) who interviewed for the program in 2019 were accepted. but people are definitely turned down tho, check last years thread and you can see someone got the rejection in march

folks who have already interviewed - when do you find out your schedule for the day?

folks who have already interviewed - when do you find out your schedule for the day?
About 2 days before I got the times of the interview and the names of the people.

I was waitlisted in early December, and did not choose to send a letter of intent at that time (I just replied with "yes I'd like to be on your waitlist thankyou" since that email didnt seem particularly receptive to a letter of intent). Does anyone know if they strongly recommend sending one? I know its possible I waited too long by now, but if anyone has any insight at all, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Has anyone that interviewed in late december heard back yet? I interviewed Dec22