2020-2021 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted :(
Interviewed mid-December

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For those that were waitlisted, when did you interview? I am trying to sort of make sense of this school's process (it's not going that well lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have not heard back and I interviewed early December. Should I be concerned or celebrate that I haven't been rejected/WL? Im so nervous about this D:

anyone know how much movement the waitlist typically has here? I've heard that due to COVID more people are being waitlisted but I wasn't sure if stony brook was known for having a big waitlist movement?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed end of October and haven't heard back yet...lots of confusion

High priority waitlist, interviewed 11/13

Reactions: 1 users
D
High priority waitlist, interviewed 11/13
Did they give you any information about the high priority waitlist? I got the normal waitlist and wanna know how to move myself up the ranks!

Congrats!! I did not realize they did High Priority WL!! What did your guys' email say?

Good luck to the high priority WL people. Hope you all get a spot so they can start looking at us low-prio bois.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!! I did not realize they did High Priority WL!! What did your guys' email say?
ty!! it basically noted that we were specifically in a small group that will be given priority when people start getting accepted off the WL. They also specifically said the probability of being offered a seat is "very high"

ty!! it basically noted that we were specifically in a small group that will be given priority when people start getting accepted off the WL. They also specifically said the probability of being offered a seat is "very high"
Oh that's awesome!! I hope you guys get it :D

• Care
Post interview rejection 🥺 interviewed on 12/11, still no acceptances at all yet 😔. IS, went to stony Brook undergrad, LM 74

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Hey, current student here. In previous years, people were accepted off the waitlist even as late as May, but it may be different this year. DM me if any of you have questions!

Hey, current student here. In previous years, people were accepted off the waitlist even as late as May, but it may be different this year. DM me if any of you have questions!
Thank you for the info! Do you know how early movement typically begins? I would like to send in a letter before they start pulling people off the list, but I don’t want want to send it too soon.

Post-interview R finally, interviewed 10/15. Peace out friends, good luck to all who remain!

• Care
Thank you for the info! Do you know how early movement typically begins? I would like to send in a letter before they start pulling people off the list, but I don’t want want to send it too soon.

Sorry, I can't say for sure, but I feel like it would be better to send the letter earlier than later. The letter will go into your file immediately for the committee to read.

i got waitlisted during the first round and i don't think anyone got high priority waitlist then... did they just make the high priority waitlist and is there a chance im on it?

Sorry, I can't say for sure, but I feel like it would be better to send the letter earlier than later. The letter will go into your file immediately for the committee to read.
Thank you!!

i got waitlisted during the first round and i don't think anyone got high priority waitlist then... did they just make the high priority waitlist and is there a chance im on it?
I feel like they would tell you if you were on the high priority waitlist...

Does anyone know when the WL movement typically begins? Like should I only expect to see movement like the end of April or can there be movement even towards the end of this month?

I feel like they would tell you if you were on the high priority waitlist...

Does anyone know when the WL movement typically begins? Like should I only expect to see movement like the end of April or can there be movement even towards the end of this month?
I'm wondering the same thing. I know not everyone this applies to is on this platform, but in the past few threads it appears that WL movement does not happen at all until May.

this question gets asked like every few days :lol: a couple of people have said there will be one in May made by adcoms, for now there is only a groupme chat linked somewhere above in the thread
Please could you direct me to the link? I've been trying to find it

Anyone know if people accepted off the waitlist later in the cycle (like May/June) can still apply for the 3YMD?

Does anyone have an idea of how many people are on the high priority waitlist vs the regular waitlist?

Are late interviews pretty much just to fill the waitlist or do Feb/March interviewees still have a chance for an A? Do any recent interviewees have As?

Are late interviews pretty much just to fill the waitlist or do Feb/March interviewees still have a chance for an A? Do any recent interviewees have As?
I'm also wondering about this

II received today OOS, complete late August, only date available was 2/26

IS Pre II R just now. I haven’t received a single II from my in state schools 🥲🥲🥲🥲

• Care
Congrats! I also interviewed 3 weeks ago and was told it was going to be about 6 weeks! That's awesome

I Interviewed on 01/12 and am on 5 weeks now. Guess it won't be an acceptance.

• Care
I interviewed 1/11 and haven’t heard back either!! I don’t think it necessarily means anything