2020-2021 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 1/11 and haven’t heard back either!! I don’t think it necessarily means anything
It doesn't mean anything. Give it the full 6 weeks first.

Members don't see this ad.

Very true, just disheartening to be in limbo :lol:
I completely understand. I took a solid hour out of my day going through this thread looking to see if there’s a pattern. And what I found is that there is none. We just gotta wait till we hear back and it sucks :/ but you got others with ya in the same process! Hang in there!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
It doesn't mean anything. Give it the full 6 weeks first.
As a current student at SBU, do you have any insight on how this process works? I know you said it doesn’t mean anything but I am sorta freaking out lol, I just really wanna go here

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted student FB group yet? Also has anyone paid the deposit needed that is showing up on the SOLAR account?

Question for the crowd: for those who have received post-II decisions, how long afterwards were you notified of said decision?

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know when they will start to revisit the waitlist?

Does anyone know how important thank-you emails are here? I don't have my interviewers' emails and they are not allowed to provide them to me?

Does anyone know how important thank-you emails are here? I don't have my interviewers' emails and they are not allowed to provide them to me?
Not important! n = 1 but I didn’t send and got an A

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not important. Most of the time the evaluation is submitted before we receive thank you letters.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like the only news lately has been rejections :( I’m very impatiently feel more and more hopeless everyday

• Care
+1, complete early Sept. The email came at the same exact time as another R...so that's kinda fun.

• Care
Pre-II R. Best of luck to everyone (-:

• Care
Received II this morning! They had 2 dates open for next week and the last day for interviews is March 12th.

Did anyone else have an interviewer that didn't ask any actual interview questions? Mine told me about the area and then asked if I had any questions. Not sure if this is a good or bad sign............

Question for the crowd: for those who have received post-II decisions, how long afterwards were you notified of said decision?

Thank you in advance!
a little late answering your question, but I heard back during week 6 post interview

Did anyone else have an interviewer that didn't ask any actual interview questions? Mine told me about the area and then asked if I had any questions. Not sure if this is a good or bad sign............

they didn't ask you any questions about yourself...at all?

I had a VERY similar experience. If you DM me maybe we can see if it was the same person? I wasn't sure what to make of it either, but I figured it was better than getting a stress interview!

I had a VERY similar experience. If you DM me maybe we can see if it was the same person? I wasn't sure what to make of it either, but I figured it was better than getting a stress interview!
I had a very similar faculty interview!

Has anyone that interviewed in January heard back yet?

• Care
I canceled my interview last week (scheduled for next week) because I have acceptances at two other schools I really love. So many great future doctors out here - wishing luck to whoever got that spot!

I canceled my interview last week (scheduled for next week) because I have acceptances at two other schools I really love. So many great future doctors out here - wishing luck to whoever got that spot!
Thanks. Are you IS or OOS for Stony ?

Any estimation on the turnaround time for post interview decisions?

Hey guys. Got the email with who my interviewers are. Both of them are faculty there isn't a student listed there. Has anyone had this because after checking the thread it seems everyone had one faculty and one student interviewer?

Hey guys. Got the email with who my interviewers are. Both of them are faculty there isn't a student listed there. Has anyone had this because after checking the thread it seems everyone had one faculty and one student interviewer?
I also had two faculty interviewers (one MD, one PhD). Both interviews were pretty low-stress. Good luck!

Had the exact same combo. I was also afraid that I'd be having a different experience from what many others had been reporting (a student interview being part of the norm), but both faculty members were great and very conversational. I definitely wouldn't worry too much about the types of interviewers you'll have! Just remember all the things that make you awesome as a candidate (in general and at Stony Brook) and you'll nail it! You got it, and I hope we'll be hearing some good news in the coming weeks (also waiting on my decision)!

Hello! Has anyone completed in September still not heard anything? Lol

I sent an update in December, which they acknowledged. But other than that nada!

Received A at 3:35EST today, interviewed 1/22, international! wishing everyone else best of luck!

Reactions: 4 users
And the answer to the question is ? If you know, you probably could have answered in less words than you typed!
I did answer it! A couple of times throughout the thread, and I linked the chat before. People keep posting this question and I think it's fair to ask others to scroll back a page or two instead of repeatedly posting the same question.