2017-2018 University of Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know the typical turnaround time from secondary submission to hearing about whether you’re getting an interview?
For me, it took almost 2 months (submitted late July, received interview mid-September)

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know the typical turnaround time from secondary submission to hearing about whether you’re getting an interview?
Complete 7/28, received II 8/23
edit: seems like it's ranged from anywhere between a little less than a month to about two so far

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
II today! OOS

Reactions: 1 users
if you don't mind sharing when were you complete and what are your stats?
I was complete 9/6 ish. MCAT is 524 and sGPA/cGPA was 4.0/3.98! Best of luck to you :)

Last edited:
I was complete 9/6 ish. 524 and sGPA/cGPA was 4.0/3.98! Best of luck to you :)
When was the earliest date you could schedule your interview for?

received II yesterday!
IS, GPA 3.6, MCAT 519, complete 07/17. Only one date in November was left

Hello everyone! So, I'm IS, URM, Lizzy 67 and currently work full time at the University of Maryland Hospital. I'm also a re-applicant but my Lizzy score went up from a 62--> 67 over the past year. What are my chances realistically of getting an interview here? Complete mid-august and haven't heard anything...

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now! Lizzy score 72-73 ish, out of state but born in Maryland with family in state

Reactions: 2 users
For everyone that keeps asking about updating the school:
I used to work here and so I went to the office to drop off a form on a lunch break one day and was told very explicitly that "the admissions office doesn't want to see or hear about you before we look at your file or ask to hear about you"

II today! OOS with no ties, 515/3.95 and I was complete around mid July! The only dates left for me were December and January

Reactions: 3 users
the 09/27 group will hear back tomorrow, but what about the oct 2nd group? does anyone knwo if theyll hear back tmrw too? ty

it looks like from previous years some people found out well before that timeline. the admissions site also says some applicants may hear back sooner and some later.
Thanks for the heads up! Clearly did not do enough research about this, whoops.

No, there were definitely earlier ones available. Can't remember what the earliest date was though.
ok yeah I assumed there were earlier ones. it seems to vary based on how quickly your interviewers submit feedback but based on last year's thread its very possibly early oct applicants hear back tomorrow

Rejected pre-II just now as well. OOS, complete 7/26.

Rejected, as well. OOS, complete 9/15. LM ~ 68

Didn't get a pre-II rejection today. Does that mean I'm safe for now? :thinking:

*cue neurotic pre-med breakdown*

Reactions: 4 users
has anyone heard yet? particularly the ppl from september
I interviewed in September and haven't heard yet. I don't know anyone who has gotten an acceptance yet from UMSOM so they may not have rolled out their first batch of acceptances yet?

I interviewed in September and haven't heard yet. I don't know anyone who has gotten an acceptance yet from UMSOM so they may not have rolled out their first batch of acceptances yet?
same. last years thread didn't show people getting pre-II rejections the same day they sent out the first batch of acceptances...not sure if i'm reading too much into that (I probably am) but thinking maybe they'll send out the first post-II decisions over the next few days

Is UMaryland receptive to "In the Area" requests? I'm flying to the DC/Virginia area from the West Coast and was wondering if I should let the admissions team know.

I also got accepted today. I got an email saying that my application status had changed then logged into the portal to see the decision

Reactions: 5 users
I also got accepted today. I got an email saying that my application status had changed then logged into the portal to see the decision
Oh man - congratulations!! Making me nervous, no change on my portal yet :(

Accepted today!! So stoked! No email yet but portal had changed!