2019-2020 Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Acceptance this morning. I’m over the moon about this one. I really loved the people and the program here! :love:

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So is no news good news? At least for now, until thanksgiving/December? Seems like Dartmouth doesn't hesitate in sending those R's.

Complete 8/9, absolute silence.

Reactions: 6 users
Canadian applicant R today; submitted in July. Good luck everyone, this place sounded awesome!
I am so sorry for you. Good luck on other schools you applied to. I am an Canadian too. LM 75.5. Submitted late Aug. No words from them yet.

Reactions: 1 user
So is no news good news? At least for now, until thanksgiving/December? Seems like Dartmouth doesn't hesitate in sending those R's.

Complete 8/9, absolute silence.

Don't you give applicants/donors like me with an LM of 65 so much hope. I'm sure its just that they're backed up.

Fingers crossed that this moon shot of mine pans out lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected pre-interview a little over a week ago. Complete early July.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
yall getting rejected. Here is a tip, submit your secondary in September and you will not be rejected in this wave of Rs. It's simple! Cha boy submitted his 2nd in mid September and hasn't gotten rejected with the July applicants (it works).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17 users
Sorry this is stupid question but what does ITA stand for?

It’s not a stupid question! It stands for in the area

basically you can email a school letting them know you’ll be in their area at a particular time, and ask if you’re under consideration for an interview, to schedule it when you’re in their area already. Some schools are quite receptive, while others flat out tell you not to send these emails

Last edited:

I promise you a student with a 4.0 and one with a 3.0 will be rejected from Dartmouth this cycle. Those numbers really don't matter at this point and focusing on those two metrics is only going to fuel speculation with no factual basis.

Reactions: 13 users
Anyone else on the MD/PhD train? The waiting is killing me

Rejected :( complete end of July, LM 73
Kind of sad because I've heard so many great things about this school, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised considering I'm not a nontrad.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Could a current student or someone who has interviewed offer some advice on how to get around at Dartmouth? Uber/Lyft? Taxi? I'll be flying into Boston and plan on taking the coach. However, I think it might be better to rent a car if getting around from where I'm staying to campus is too difficult

Could a current student or someone who has interviewed offer some advice on how to get around at Dartmouth? Uber/Lyft? Taxi? I'll be flying into Boston and plan on taking the coach. However, I think it might be better to rent a car if getting around from where I'm staying to campus is too difficult
Hey congrats on your interview! I interviewed early Sept (A in Oct!) and really recommend renting a car if possible. I flew into Boston early morning the day before, picked up the car, and drove to Hanover. It was a beautiful drive and gave me time to explore the town, hospital, and campus the day before. If you're planning to Uber/Lyft, definitely preschedule since I know some interviewees were complaining about lack of car services the morning of. You could also book a taxi through your hotel!!
Post-interview, I was SO tired and almost wished that I had taken the coach both ways (what most interviewees did), but it ended up being fine once I made it back to Boston. My flight was later in the evening (10 pm ish) so I had a few hours to use the rental to grab food in Boston.
Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions!!

Reactions: 2 users
Could a current student or someone who has interviewed offer some advice on how to get around at Dartmouth? Uber/Lyft? Taxi? I'll be flying into Boston and plan on taking the coach. However, I think it might be better to rent a car if
Hey congrats on your interview! I interviewed early Sept (A in Oct!) and really recommend renting a car if possible. I flew into Boston early morning the day before, picked up the car, and drove to Hanover. It was a beautiful drive and gave me time to explore the town, hospital, and campus the day before. If you're planning to Uber/Lyft, definitely preschedule since I know some interviewees were complaining about lack of car services the morning of. You could also book a taxi through your hotel!!
Post-interview, I was SO tired and almost wished that I had taken the coach both ways (what most interviewees did), but it ended up being fine once I made it back to Boston. My flight was later in the evening (10 pm ish) so I had a few hours to use the rental to grab food in Boston.
I also rented a car in Boston. & a lot of people on interview day did have difficulty with car services. I know that the local hotel in Hanover has a shuttle to the coach terminal — so people used that to get to and from. Some others just walked but it was really raining on our day. Keep in mind the later you interview the more likely it is to snow, so plan accordingly. Best of luck!

I also rented a car in Boston. & a lot of people on interview day did have difficulty with car services. I know that the local hotel in Hanover has a shuttle to the coach terminal — so people used that to get to and from. Some others just walked but it was really raining on our day. Keep in mind the later you interview the more likely it is to snow, so plan accordingly. Best of luck!

Thanks for the advice! I'll go ahead and rent a car then

Love the profile pic @takeiiteasy

I flew into Boston and took the coach and it worked seamlessly. I was able to get an Uber to my lodging after I arrived without trouble. However, I stayed with a student host who gave me a ride to the interview in the morning. That night I stayed at an Airbnb within walking distance of campus which worked really well to catching the coach back in the morning. You’ll have some options.

So from looking at last year's thread, it seems like if you interviewed in September and haven't heard back yet, it probably means you will recieve an R or WL in April. Does anyone know if that's accurate?
Not at all, they accept a small portion of students throughout the cycle but a majority hear back in March or April no matter when you interviewed

I know they said this in the interview but looking through last years thread I literally couldn't find a single person who interviewed early but got an A that late which is why I was concerned
Just popping in with a word of encouragement for those waiting from fall...it doesn't necessarily mean you're rejected! I interviewed November 2, 2017 and didn't hear anything until April 6, 2018, and it was an acceptance! The wait was brutal because I wasn't in anywhere else and it was my top choice. Many tears were shed very publicly when I got the email.

Good luck!!! :luck:
I've heard of several cases like this one from current students, SDN is a small portion of applicants

Anyone still waitting to hear back early August applicant heree