2019-2020 Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II on 12/20/19, forgot to post! Complete 7/17 so there’s still hope July peeps!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Completed August. Heard nothing fro them yet.

Reactions: 1 user
II just now! Complete early August and got a January date :)

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
I am not saying I have a chance... complete 9/13, LM of 63 (mcat and gpa is low) BUT this school seems to care alot more about the other side of the students so maybe... idk, either way, I don't have my hopes up for them. MY POINT IS... if there is any school that truly cares about research and EC, its this one... atleast as far as I am concerned

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Lmfao I just got rejected. My premonition was true.

Edit: I've already been accepted to medical school. Any more IIs/A's will be icing on the cake. Not upset at all.

Complete 8/20

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Is it worth it to attend a February interview? Since admissions are rolling, just was trying to decide what to do

Is it worth it to attend a February interview? Since admissions are rolling, just was trying to decide what to do
Yes, 100%. This thread has plenty of anecdotes about people interviewing in February, and later, who were accepted with no WL.

Reactions: 2 users
Lmfao I just got rejected. My premonition was true.

Edit: I've already been accepted to medical school. Any more IIs/A's will be icing on the cake. Not upset at all.

Complete 8/20
Congrats on your acceptance! How were you notified from this school?

II today! Complete mid-July.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
So for anyone who knows the area... should I rent a car from Boston if I will be traveling mid February?

So for anyone who knows the area... should I rent a car from Boston if I will be traveling mid February?
If you’re leaving from Boston, I recommend taking the Dartmouth Coach bus to Hanover. Stay in one of the hotels in the area or with a student host (most of the hotels have shuttles which you can arrange rides with), and then take the coach back. The coach stops at and leaves from a spot that’s only about a 5-10 minute walk across campus from the medical school. It’s very convenient and cheaper than renting a car.

I’ve recommended renting a car in the past on this thread, since I rented one and loved my decision. But, I would keep in mind that if you’re not from the NE than you should be cautious when renting. They get big snow up there and I don’t know how comfortable you are driving under those conditions.

Is anyone else having trouble logging into the portal? The link isn’t working for me

May have already been asked on here... but are individual interviews with physicians, students, or the “admissions team” cited in the admission emails signature?

May have already been asked on here... but are individual interviews with physicians, students, or the “admissions team” cited in the admission emails signature?
On my interview day, I was interviewed first by a second year medical student and then by a faculty member. Both interviews were 30 minutes, one open file and another closed file, but my interviewer had the file with him and he referred to it midway through. Interviews are very conversational, and interviewers are given the choice whether they want to have read the file before an interview or not. My faculty interviewer chose not to read mine before.

II! Complete in August :)

II!! Complete 8/14, OOS and also surprised as hell

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Interview invite today. Secondary Complete 8/15.

Only dates available for me were 2/27 and 3/5.

II today, Complete late July, they're scheduling for early-mid March

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hey I interviewed in early SEPTEMBER and still have not heard back. Is anybody else in the same boat?

General recommendations:
STAY WITH A STUDENT OR A HOTEL ON CAMPUS. UBER DOES NOT WORK ANYWHERE AND I WALKED ON THE LEGIT HIGHWAY FOR 20 MINUTES TRYING TO GET AROUND.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey I interviewed in early SEPTEMBER and still have not heard back. Is anybody else in the same boat?

General recommendations:
STAY WITH A STUDENT OR A HOTEL ON CAMPUS. UBER DOES NOT WORK ANYWHERE AND I WALKED ON THE LEGIT HIGHWAY FOR 20 MINUTES TRYING TO GET AROUND.
Interviewed in October and nothin

Anyone try to email the school regarding there status who hasn’t gotten rejected, what they say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone try to email the school regarding there status who hasn’t gotten rejected, what they say?

1579067362152.png

back in mid-december. as you might expect they don't have an answer until they have an answer. good luck

Just withdrew my II, it was a hard decision. Hope it goes to someone waiting!

Does anyone who interviewed here recall what they like regarding letters of intent? I am certain I would attend this school if i was accepted, but am not sure if i should wait until March when they give decisions or not

Does anyone who interviewed here recall what they like regarding letters of intent? I am certain I would attend this school if i was accepted, but am not sure if i should wait until March when they give decisions or not

At my interview they said these were best sent if placed on the WL.