2019-2020 Tulane

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't received a secondary, AMCAS verified 6/17, LM 73. Should I email Tulane or wait it out? I know that the campus was closed due to weather, but I have also heard that being early is especially important for Tulane.

Members don't see this ad.

Did those who have II get a complete email? My app says complete on the portal but then has a ! next to in prgress and I haven't received an email yet so I am guessing that it is not actually "complete" yet?

Did those who have II get a complete email? My app says complete on the portal but then has a ! next to in prgress and I haven't received an email yet so I am guessing that it is not actually "complete" yet?

When did you submit? I submitted 7/8 and was complete but didn’t get the “complete and under review” email until 7/14. It takes a few days to process.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit? I submitted 7/8 and was complete but didn’t get the “complete and under review” email until 7/14. It takes a few days to process.
Yesterday, that was my question! Perfect thank you for clarifying it. I just wasn't sure if they actually sent a notice about it being complete or not :) Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone else still have the (!) next to the LOR application status section even though it was submitted and acknowledged?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know the average number of days after "under review" you are most likely to get an II? It seems Tulane has a really fast turn around so I am wondering if I should interpret this radio silence as I ain't gettin one.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the average number of days after "under review" you are most likely to get an II? It seems Tulane has a really fast turn around so I am wondering if I should interpret this radio silence as I ain't gettin one.
Sadly there is no secret formula here. Just find some solace in the fact that we’re not even 3 weeks into the cycle yet. They probably just start early because they have so many applicants.

Sadly there is no secret formula here. Just find some solace in the fact that we’re not even 3 weeks into the cycle yet. They probably just start early because they have so many applicants.

This might be true for some schools, but not Tulane. If you look at previous years they simply choose to fill up their class very quickly. The large majority of their interview slots go out before September.

I was under review 7/9 and am hoping to hear soon.

Reactions: 4 users
How did people structure the "Why Tulane" essay in only 150 characters? Theres so many things I want to talk about, but straight up don't know how to start it. An intro sentence seems like a waste of characters... should I get right into it?

How did people structure the "Why Tulane" essay in only 150 characters? Theres so many things I want to talk about, but straight up don't know how to start it. An intro sentence seems like a waste of characters... should I get right into it?

Isn’t it 150 words?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
rip i didnt even fill my secondary out yet is there even a point? I recieved it on 8th but was working on other ones :[

• Wow
Submitted secondary 7/9 and still haven't received complete email...

Last edited:
For the volunteering abroad, leadership positions, and hobbies questions, are people being super brief and straightforward or putting down a whole narrative for it?

For the volunteering abroad, leadership positions, and hobbies questions, are people being super brief and straightforward or putting down a whole narrative for it?

super brief. I get the idea Tulane doesn't want to read very much lol

Volunteering & leadership, straightforward. Hobbies, deeper explanation.
My reasoning is that explaining your hobbies/interests gives them a better understanding of you, while the other stuff is more of just a resume.

Anybody else been under review for like 15 days now even though they expected to get an interview from here? Assuming it’s a rejection at this point?

Anybody else been under review for like 15 days now even though they expected to get an interview from here? Assuming it’s a rejection at this point?
Remember that they don't review applications in order of receiving them. So don't stress out yet!

Wait but doesn’t under review mean that they actually looked at your app on that day

II 10:13 AM PST. My first one and I want to shout out loud but I'm in a lab ...

Reactions: 6 users
II!! Marked complete 7/13 reapplicant OOS

Reactions: 6 users
Interview invite received just now

Reactions: 8 users
My first II!!! Submitted 7/8, under review 7/12

Reactions: 9 users
Anyone else submit-secondary on 7/9 and are still waiting for complete email?

Same here and I’m 3.97/518 so was hopeful. Everybody and their brother seem to be getting II

• Haha
Anyone else submit-secondary on 7/9 and are still waiting for complete email?
I submitted 7/10 and am still waiting on a complete email. I also have a red exclamation mark next to the "In Progress" tab in the portal, but a green check mark next to everything else. Assuming this just confirms my app is not "under review" yet?