2020-2021 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any other decisions today?

Members don't see this ad.

2/19 interview! Just got an AC email!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the AC email. Interviewed 2/16. I thought the AC was given before applicants were reviewed by the admissions committee. My email says I have been reviewed but a final decision has not been made and I remain under active consideration. Hoping for the best!
I got this email about 10 days after my interview too. That was at the end of November 😭 (interviewed 11/18).

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 2/9, received AC email today

+1 AC earlier today, interviewed 2/09. Hoping for some promising, more concrete news in the future for all of us under AC :) Congrats to all who've been accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if Mass accepts letters of intent/update letters? I interviewed here literally the first week they held interviews in September, got put on AC in October, and have not heard a sound since. It’s been really tough waiting an entire six months for a post-II decision.

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know if Mass accepts letters of intent/update letters? I interviewed here literally the first week they held interviews in September, got put on AC in October, and have not heard a sound since. It’s been really tough waiting an entire six months for a post-II decision.
Hey! I'm also considering sending a letter, so I just checked the portal, and it's good to fly! They accept any letters or updates through the "Additional Attachments" section of the application portal. Hope this helps, and I hope we both hear some good news soon!

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
For those writing a LOI, who do we address it to? I'm guessing its to the Associate Dean of Admissions but I'm not sure.

For those writing a LOI, who do we address it to? I'm guessing its to the Associate Dean of Admissions but I'm not sure.
I'm sure that would be fine. I'm honestly considering addressing it to the admissions committee or even "to whom it may concern".

Interviewed 9/29, put on active consideration 2 weeks later, and haven't heard a peep since lmfao

Ohhhh boy! A second AC email just a bit ago after my first one back in early Jan., interview on 12/15.

Reactions: 6 users
Ohhhh boy! A second AC email just a bit ago after my first one back in early Jan., interview on 12/15.
+1, interviewed 11/18. I cannot fathom why we are being kept on AC, especially now that they’ve started giving out WL decisions. Could they really not have reviewed my entire app since November?

Reactions: 1 users
+1, interviewed 11/18. I cannot fathom why we are being kept on AC, especially now that they’ve started giving out WL decisions. Could they really not have reviewed my entire app since November?
+1 interviewed 12/22. So nerve wracking! Just want love from my state school

Our applications were so great, they've just been in awe the whole time and can't believe we'd consider them for med school over the likes of Vandy or Harvard. At least that's what I tell myself to sleep easily at night

+1 low-key almost had a heart attack thinking it was a rejection email lol
Had the exact same reaction haha. I also just got the first AC email this past Friday so wasn't expecting another AC email back to back, honestly thought it was going to be a rejection too.

Same for me, interviewed 10/20 (PURCH) and 11/2 (MD), received first AC email 11/23, just received another AC email 20 mins ago LOL. Just give me waitlist already!! I wonder if it takes longer for PURCH....

Been checking on this thread bc checking SDN is still a force of habit and all I have to say is...WISHING YOU ALL THE MOST SUCCESS AND I HOPE WE END UP IN CLASS TOGETHER

• Care
  • Love
Been checking on this thread bc checking SDN is still a force of habit and all I have to say is...WISHING YOU ALL THE MOST SUCCESS AND I HOPE WE END UP IN CLASS TOGETHER
Congrats on your acceptance! Can you give us Hopefuls insights on FB group numbers?

I think it’s misleading to check that but it’s probably a little over 200 and I’d say like 20-30 are current students who are helping the school out with second look day

Pre-II R! Good luck to everyone else.

Hi, question for accepted students: have you received your financial aid packages yet? In the FA office hours a few weeks ago, I was told that packages would come out ~2 weeks after the file is complete, but it's been longer than that for me and some of my docs still have the "not yet reviewed" status. Wondering what sort of turnaround others have experienced?

Hi, question for accepted students: have you received your financial aid packages yet? In the FA office hours a few weeks ago, I was told that packages would come out ~2 weeks after the file is complete, but it's been longer than that for me and some of my docs still have the "not yet reviewed" status. Wondering what sort of turnaround others have experienced?
They said awards come out early to mid April for accepted students who already submitted all of their docs

does anyone know if they will have a 2nd look event for students who are accepted towards the end of the cycle (e.g. in april)?

WL today, OOS with ties to MA. interviewed late feb

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know anyone who received the AC letter and got rejected ?