You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Massachusetts
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
urfuturepsychiatrist
New Member
Has who interviewed 2/16 or later heard back yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tana98
Full Member
also wondering this! sending good vibes to everyone!!Any other decisions today?
Interviewed 2/19 just got an AC emailHas who interviewed 2/16 or later heard back yet?
Same here except I interviewed 2/18!Interviewed 2/19 just got an AC email
I got this email about 10 days after my interview too. That was at the end of November 😭 (interviewed 11/18).Just got the AC email. Interviewed 2/16. I thought the AC was given before applicants were reviewed by the admissions committee. My email says I have been reviewed but a final decision has not been made and I remain under active consideration. Hoping for the best!
TranquilTiger
New Member
Post-II R today. Good luck to everyone else waiting!
premed375813
Full Member
Thanks for posting this! When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?Post-II R today. Good luck to everyone else waiting!
Interviewed 2/9, received AC email today
TranquilTiger
New Member
2/9Thanks for posting this! When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking?
premed 2025
Full Member
It’s the standard AC email.Silly question, but is this the standard AC email? Or are there multiple versions?
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
+1 AC earlier today, interviewed 2/09. Hoping for some promising, more concrete news in the future for all of us under AC 🙂 Congrats to all who've been accepted!
uniqueindividual
Full Member
+1. Interview 1/13. Not sure if anyone knows the stats of people getting off the waitlist but I’m staying optimistic!WL. Interviewed 11/18
Huge waitlist movement according to MSAR!+1. Interview 1/13. Not sure if anyone knows the stats of people getting off the waitlist but I’m staying optimistic!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Mass accepts letters of intent/update letters? I interviewed here literally the first week they held interviews in September, got put on AC in October, and have not heard a sound since. It’s been really tough waiting an entire six months for a post-II decision.
TheCyclingRedwood
Full Member
Hey! I'm also considering sending a letter, so I just checked the portal, and it's good to fly! They accept any letters or updates through the "Additional Attachments" section of the application portal. Hope this helps, and I hope we both hear some good news soon!Does anyone know if Mass accepts letters of intent/update letters? I interviewed here literally the first week they held interviews in September, got put on AC in October, and have not heard a sound since. It’s been really tough waiting an entire six months for a post-II decision.
confused_premed97
New Member
For those writing a LOI, who do we address it to? I'm guessing its to the Associate Dean of Admissions but I'm not sure.
I'm sure that would be fine. I'm honestly considering addressing it to the admissions committee or even "to whom it may concern".For those writing a LOI, who do we address it to? I'm guessing its to the Associate Dean of Admissions but I'm not sure.
Interviewed 9/29, put on active consideration 2 weeks later, and haven't heard a peep since lmfao
Similar situation. Lol.Interviewed 9/29, put on active consideration 2 weeks later, and haven't heard a peep since lmfao
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
Ohhhh boy! A second AC email just a bit ago after my first one back in early Jan., interview on 12/15.
PatricktheSponge
Full Member
+1 but I interviewed in mid October! Hopefully we will hear back soon... it’s been stressful LOLOhhhh boy! A second AC email just a bit ago after my first one back in early Jan., interview on 12/15.
+1 low-key almost had a heart attack thinking it was a rejection email lolOhhhh boy! A second AC email just a bit ago after my first one back in early Jan., interview on 12/15.
wpneuro
Full Member
+2, interviewed in December!Ohhhh boy! A second AC email just a bit ago after my first one back in early Jan., interview on 12/15.
+1, interviewed 11/18. I cannot fathom why we are being kept on AC, especially now that they’ve started giving out WL decisions. Could they really not have reviewed my entire app since November?Ohhhh boy! A second AC email just a bit ago after my first one back in early Jan., interview on 12/15.
premed375813
Full Member
+1 interviewed 12/22. So nerve wracking! Just want love from my state school+1, interviewed 11/18. I cannot fathom why we are being kept on AC, especially now that they’ve started giving out WL decisions. Could they really not have reviewed my entire app since November?
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
Our applications were so great, they've just been in awe the whole time and can't believe we'd consider them for med school over the likes of Vandy or Harvard. At least that's what I tell myself to sleep easily at night+1, interviewed 11/18. I cannot fathom why we are being kept on AC, especially now that they’ve started giving out WL decisions. Could they really not have reviewed my entire app since November?
Had the exact same reaction haha. I also just got the first AC email this past Friday so wasn't expecting another AC email back to back, honestly thought it was going to be a rejection too.+1 low-key almost had a heart attack thinking it was a rejection email lol
tana98
Full Member
+1! 1/27 interview! this one gave me a heart attack!Ohhhh boy! A second AC email just a bit ago after my first one back in early Jan., interview on 12/15.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been checking on this thread bc checking SDN is still a force of habit and all I have to say is...WISHING YOU ALL THE MOST SUCCESS AND I HOPE WE END UP IN CLASS TOGETHER
premed 2025
Full Member
Congrats on your acceptance! Can you give us Hopefuls insights on FB group numbers?Been checking on this thread bc checking SDN is still a force of habit and all I have to say is...WISHING YOU ALL THE MOST SUCCESS AND I HOPE WE END UP IN CLASS TOGETHER
I think it’s misleading to check that but it’s probably a little over 200 and I’d say like 20-30 are current students who are helping the school out with second look day
Thanks so much! Just posted it below idk why it didn’t just as a response to your postCongrats on your acceptance! Can you give us Hopefuls insights on FB group numbers?
premed 2025
Full Member
Thank you for responding.Thanks so much! Just posted it below idk why it didn’t just as a response to your post
premedddie
Full Member
pre-II R, submitted sept
D
deleted1051525
Hi, question for accepted students: have you received your financial aid packages yet? In the FA office hours a few weeks ago, I was told that packages would come out ~2 weeks after the file is complete, but it's been longer than that for me and some of my docs still have the "not yet reviewed" status. Wondering what sort of turnaround others have experienced?
They said awards come out early to mid April for accepted students who already submitted all of their docsHi, question for accepted students: have you received your financial aid packages yet? In the FA office hours a few weeks ago, I was told that packages would come out ~2 weeks after the file is complete, but it's been longer than that for me and some of my docs still have the "not yet reviewed" status. Wondering what sort of turnaround others have experienced?
D
deleted1051525
Thank you!They said awards come out early to mid April for accepted students who already submitted all of their docs
My account won’t activate lol and I gotta go to the office hours to figure that outThank you!
premed 2025
Full Member
The FB public page says it’s March 26.does anyone know if they will have a 2nd look event for students who are accepted towards the end of the cycle (e.g. in april)?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GeraltofNVIDIA
Full Member
*Press F to sprinkle good vibes*
AC Interviewed 2/23.
AC 3/5 , haven’t heard anything today
Does anyone know anyone who received the AC letter and got rejected ?