2020-2021 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any news?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know UCI's commit to enroll date? Couldn't find it on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who submitted an LOI, who did you address it to?
I uploaded it to the portal and with the character limit I chose not to address it to anyone in particular. Just went straight ahead with the LOI message lol. I suppose if you’re emailing it you can address it to Dean Osborn.

Reactions: 1 user
I uploaded it to the portal and with the character limit I chose not to address it to anyone in particular. Just went straight ahead with the LOI message lol. I suppose if you’re emailing it you can address it to Dean Osborn.
Thanks so much!

Its the last week of May. Still seems like there is zero movement except for one person on this thread who said they got in off WL. I hope this is finally the week for us WLed peeps.

Reactions: 2 users
How are my WL buddies doing? This past week was really difficult for me. But here’s to keep hoping.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone know if there’s been alternate-list movement besides that one person on here?

Did any WL applicants here select yes for the deferred acceptance option? Or any UCI med students in here who got in through deferred enrollment? There seems to be a dearth of info about the whole process, acceptance rate and what UCI is looking for in deferred applicants.

Has anyone heard any sort of update this past week? Starting to get desperate to hear just about anything from UCI's end (other than the uninformative generic responses) 😅

Has anyone heard any sort of update this past week? Starting to get desperate to hear just about anything from UCI's end (other than the uninformative generic responses) 😅
Same. I wish there was more transparency on how it’s looking for us.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the CTE deadline for UCI is? Also, how many people have been admitted so far?

Does anyone know when the CTE deadline for UCI is? Also, how many people have been admitted so far?
July 1st.

No one can answer that question for you, but based on the lack of activity in this thread and no recent change in number of members in the class of 2025 group, I'm guessing that the class is largely finalized. I don't think there will by much movement anymore, if any at all.

The hope is fading.... Good luck to all reapplicants! Congratulations to accepted students!

And to anyone accepted who is thinking of deferring or hoping to get off the WL at another school, my best wishes are with you. Us WL students will be grateful. Peace ✌️

If you were waitlisted, does your portal page just say 'alternate-list' under admission status (under the status tab). Some one else on this thread commented that theirs said 'alternate-list accept' and mine only says 'alternate-list'. Now I'm paranoid. Also under the Admission Decision page, when I select that I would like to be considered, and then I hit submit, the page doesn't change. I also didn't get any sort of confirmation email???

If you were waitlisted, does your portal page just say 'alternate-list' under admission status (under the status tab). Some one else on this thread commented that theirs said 'alternate-list accept' and mine only says 'alternate-list'. Now I'm paranoid. Also under the Admission Decision page, when I select that I would like to be considered, and then I hit submit, the page doesn't change. I also didn't get any sort of confirmation email???
Mines just says alternate-list. And the admissions decision page looks the same as yours.

I emailed admissions about the lack of confirmation email/confirmation page. They confirmed that I was on the WL and said they don't give a confirmation page so that people can rescind their WL offers as the cycle goes on.

hi guys,
Can someone point me to the portal website. I misplaced the email that I received for the secondary submission. I was interviewed in March and have not received any updates from the admission office . I was hoping that I will atleast see a reject from the admission office if I am not waitlisted , but haven't heard back ..so not sure if all those you were interviewed will get some kind of a closure - accept or WL or reject. Appreciate if someone could throw some light here.

hi guys,
Can someone point me to the portal website. I misplaced the email that I received for the secondary submission. I was interviewed in March and have not received any updates from the admission office . I was hoping that I will atleast see a reject from the admission office if I am not waitlisted , but haven't heard back ..so not sure if all those you were interviewed will get some kind of a closure - accept or WL or reject. Appreciate if someone could throw some light here.
Hi! I PM'd you!

Hi my admissions decision page looks the same as they said they would not grey it out incase we ever changed our mind. I wondered the same thing and I know some portals do say "alternate list accept" however I do not know if this means anything as only 1 person got pulled off the waitlist!

edit: only one person based on what was reported here on SDN

Last edited:
Hi my admissions decision page looks the same as they said they would not grey it out incase we ever changed our mind. I wondered the same thing and I know some portals do say "alternate list accept" however I do not know if this means anything as only 1 person got pulled off the waitlist!
How do you know that only one person go pulled off of the waitlist?

I feel like they’re done accepting people off the waitlist

I feel like they’re done accepting people off the waitlist
Why do you say that? The only insight I have is that one person on this thread who said they got off of waitlist, other than that, I haven’t gotten any details regarding waitlist movement.

So is the MSAR data that says 50/100 applicants come off the waitlist innacurate? Or is it just a weird year cuz of COVID?

So is the MSAR data that says 50/100 applicants come off the waitlist innacurate? Or is it just a weird year cuz of COVID?
That 50/100 statistic isn't based on the 2020/2021 data as it has been on MSAR for at least a few months now, and the 2020/2021 cycle isn't even over. It must be based on the 2019/2020 cycle or older. Also, in the past 2-3 years UCI has been changing how they utilize their WL according to Dr. Osborn. She talks about it in a podcast she did in 2019. Considering this, I don't think that 50/100 statistic hold much weight in terms of how this cycle or future cycles will proceed. I am very curious to know what the statistics will be this year in regard to how many ppl were waitlisted and how many got off of the waitlist.

That 50/100 statistic isn't based on the 2020/2021 data as it has been on MSAR for at least a few months now, and the 2020/2021 cycle isn't even over. It must be based on the 2019/2020 cycle or older. Also, in the past 2-3 years UCI has been changing how they utilize their WL according to Dr. Osborn. She talks about it in a podcast she did in 2019. Considering this, I don't think that 50/100 statistic hold much weight in terms of how this cycle or future cycles will proceed. I am very curious to know what the statistics will be this year in regard to how many ppl were waitlisted and how many got off of the waitlist.
Oh wow. Didn’t know that. Thanks for the reply. Do you have a link to that podcast with Dr. Osborn? I’d like to check it out

There hasn't been any WL movement recently

Another week. How many people here are still waiting to hear back from UCI?

Reactions: 4 users
Here comes another wave of hope for us WL peeps with the pending July 1 CTE date at UCI.

With the prospect of deferred acceptances I’m holding out some hope too that UCI extends “unconditional acceptance” offers like USC did to select members of their WL about a month ago. This would mean that you are accepted no matter what: For this year if a spot opens up but also definitely for next year. If they do this we’d hopefully know quite soon and can drop all other WLs or acceptances.

Here comes another wave of hope for us WL peeps with the pending July 1 CTE date at UCI.

With the prospect of deferred acceptances I’m holding out some hope too that UCI extends “unconditional acceptance” offers like USC did to select members of their WL about a month ago. This would mean that you are accepted no matter what: For this year if a spot opens up but also definitely for next year. If they do this we’d hopefully know quite soon and can drop all other WLs or acceptances.
Ignorant question, but what is this CTE date you speak of? Thanks!

Ignorant question, but what is this CTE date you speak of? Thanks!

Commit to enroll?

Just got the official rejection email. UCI isn't offering any deferred admissions according to the email. Good luck to those starting med school this fall and good luck to those reapplying.