2019-2020 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone explain what exactly needs to be submitted for financial aid? I am confused lol and some of the info on the website isn't updated for this year

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it take for them to give us a financial aid package once we submit the Fafsa and forms on the financial aid tab on the Banner.

Got the A! Dr. Callahan just called me at 2:30 EST, interviewed 12/18

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the Acceptance call today at 3:15 PM EST! Interviewed 1/8. Absolutely thrilled!!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to everyone accepted today! I'm getting nervous about not hearing back after interviewing in early Jan

Congrats to everyone accepted today! I'm getting nervous about not hearing back after interviewing in early Jan

They said that they get back to applicants between 1 and 6 weeks after interview, depending on when your interviewer can make it to committee meetings. I wouldn't get nervous until mid February given your interview date. Best of luck!

For current students/anyone who knows, what is parking like at SKMC? Is it available to students? If so, does anyone know the monthly cost?
My sister went here about 10 years ago, but the parking was just what you found on the street. You can buy a spot in a deck which has a monthly fee, but I don't know how much that is now. There might be a student rate for the on campus stuff. Here's a list of the campus parking decks: Parking Information - Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University - Thomas Jefferson University

For those of you who have sent thank you emails, did you address Dean/Dr. Callahan as Dean or Dr. ?

For those of you who have sent thank you emails, did you address Dean/Dr. Callahan as Dean or Dr. ?
I did Dr. Callahan, but she signs all her emails CC and seems really chill so I don't think it matters too much

Dr. Callahan. But again she is super chill and super awesome, so I don't think it matters.

It seems like the general consensus for students and Philadelphians alike is that you need to use SEPTA (philly public transport) for everything.
My student interviewer lived out in the suburbs (Manayunk?) and took SEPTA to school. I think his total commute was about 30 minutes in total.

I'm planning on biking when I can, as the city was rated #4 for "Bike-ability" in the nation, even though the potholes are bad in town, and that's if I decide not to live on/near campus.
The one thing I did notice during my 24 hours in Philly, is that everybody was doing whatever they could do avoid driving or walking. I saw... the single most creative modes of transportation in my life that day, and I’m from NY.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like the general consensus for students and Philadelphians alike is that you need to use SEPTA (philly public transport) for everything.
My student interviewer lived out in the suburbs (Manayunk?) and took SEPTA to school. I think his total commute was about 30 minutes in total.

I'm planning on biking when I can, as the city was rated #4 for "Bike-ability" in the nation, even though the potholes are bad in town, and that's if I decide not to live on/near campus.
The one thing I did notice during my 24 hours in Philly, is that everybody was doing whatever they could do avoid driving or walking. I saw... the single most creative modes of transportation in my life that day, and I’m from NY.

That's been my plan up to this point. Sounds good! Thanks!

Does anyone know how we can get our faculty interviewer's email/contact info to send a thank you? Should I call admission office? Or is there somewhere on the portal that we can get it from? I couldnt find it online.

Does anyone know how we can get our faculty interviewer's email/contact info to send a thank you? Should I call admission office? Or is there somewhere on the portal that we can get it from? I couldnt find it online.
I had the same problem and one of the current students said that 90% of the time their email is just [email protected]

Just got an interview invite, submitted in july! Dates available mostly in March

Reactions: 8 users
If anyone who has interviewed is willing to PM me, I would love to hear more details about the interview day!

A!!!!! Just got the email! My phone isn't working right now so idk if she tried to call me, but i just randomly checked my email and it was there!

Edit: I interviewed 1/8

Did you have any ties to Jeff? I interviewed at 1/22 and anxious about that 1-6 week turnaround time haha

Did you have any ties to Jeff? I interviewed at 1/22 and anxious about that 1-6 week turnaround time haha
My sister and brother-in-law both went there but it depends on your interviewer. It kinda seems like 2-3 weeks is most common but I don’t know those stats for sure.

i recall dr callahan saying 4 weeks is the average in her opening presentation, so i wouldn't worry. especially since these threads are such a small sample size of overall applicants.
Yea she said almost everyone will hear by 4 weeks but it could be up to 6 so there’s plenty of time.

If I have an interview scheduled for march, does anyone if I hit the "reschedule" button on the portal if I will be able to see if there are any dates in February currently open without automatically losing my spot in march?

If I have an interview scheduled for march, does anyone if I hit the "reschedule" button on the portal if I will be able to see if there are any dates in February currently open without automatically losing my spot in march?
You will lose your spot if you hit reschedule. Luckily, my date was still available despite looking for other available dates.

Anyone have any tips for the interview? I'll be interviewing this Wednesday, 2/5.

Ms1 here, feel free to message me with any questions!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Are the student and faculty interviews open or closed? Also, any tips as I prep for interviews this Wednesday?

Student interviews are closed, faculty are open. Just be yourself during your interview and you’ll be more than fine! No need fo be nervous or scared.

Does anyone know if updates take a while to be added to your file and if there anyway to confirm?
When I emailed an update to admissions they emailed me back the same day saying they received it and would update my file. Within a day or so my portal updated reflecting that.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

What are people's opinions on sending a 2nd update letter? The first one I sent was in mid-november and so far silence

What are people's opinions on sending a 2nd update letter? The first one I sent was in mid-november and so far silence

I would definitely send one if you have significant updates!! I sent a few as well and it worked out :) can’t hurt

does anyone know if jefferson has sent out pre-II rejections this cycle?

anyone on complete silence pre-II? has anyone seen sending updates be helpful?

Reactions: 7 users
anyone on complete silence pre-II? has anyone seen sending updates be helpful?

Me! Secondary complete sometime in mid July, strong ties to jeff, and LM 73 with radio silence. Haven’t sent updates bc I don’t really have any

Waitlisted today. Interviewed 1/22. Email mentioned being "High Priority". Does anyone know if this is common/ what my chances of getting off this list would be?

Waitlisted today. Interviewed 1/22. Email mentioned being "High Priority". Does anyone know if this is common/ what my chances of getting off this list would be?
Your chances are definitely higher than just being placed on the normal waitlist, but not sure how much of that list is eventually accepted

Accepted today! Got the call from Dr. Callahan 2:30pm. Beyond excited!!

Reactions: 2 users